Its a shame my first post on here is to express my disappointment for the game.
I have to agree. This game is in a beta version, and even that is stretching it.
The potential for this game is unlimited with about a month more work on it, we all would be so pleased.
I enjoy the game, but the lack of variety with maps/weapons/options is unsettling.
How hard would it have been to actually take what made GR1 so wonderful and put that into this game, and add a few new goodies.
1. Ded server files...OMG, that is almost unheard of for a game claiming up to 32 players in a server and expect that to run on a virtual box or a user server.
2. Replays. It is almost imperative for this game to become a serious competition game to have some sort of replay or demo capability. GR1 replay was awesome, let's get that in here ASAP.
3. A/C...as we have already seen, hax are out for this game and soon public hax will be everywhere and this game will be infested with cheaters....GRIN boasts of their in house AC, well, where is it? Psssh, stop trying to save a buck and pay Evenbalance. PB is better than nothing.
4. Maps...while the SP maps are good, why can't we play those in MP? You really thought only 5 maps would suffice a hungry community like this? How hard would that have been? While there are gamers who play mostly SP or COOP, typically FPS games are rated on their MP gameplay. All 5 maps look so damn similar its ridiculous. I don't want to see another tin building/maze again!
5. BUGS-BUGS-BUGS! Was this game even given to beta testers? How could they have missed some of these most obvious and destructive bugs. GRIN needs to release an emergency patch now because I am afraid that this game may be dead by the time June gets here.
6. SDK. Why has GR1 lasted for 5 years...because of the ability to mod it to keep it fresh. Release one before Shantytown drives me bonkers.
I would really like a GRIN representative to at least address some or all of these issues as I am sure they are reading this as well as all the other similar posts of disappointed GR fans. This game can be saved and can still be an awesome FPS, I just don't know if I can tolerate much more disappointment from UBI. (No GR2, RS4:Letdown, and now this)