Here we go again ,i post today my defenitive (!) version of M14 mission:
- i keep RussiaGhost path at the house , but do more Bradley paths and triggers .
- I replace the AT4 of AT soldiers by RPG7 (more normal for russians)
- i add two more AT ,one for South Pass and one for North , in fact , i recover the two soldiers who do nothing with "sneak action" , they are a little difficult to take off ,so,after the two pass taken ,proceed cautiously to the camp (final assault).
- As the US soldiers who follow Bradley's do nothing if they are destroyed , add two path ( after the last two AT i add) to continue to the camp (final assault) , i don't know if it's a good idea ...
- Add name of Russiaghost in briefing for help to the path !
For me only :
- 2 x 5 US soldiers , in place of 3
- Delete in scrips the MG hiding value for veterans , keep that only for easy...
- Add a tank in Russian Camp , more challenging ( and realist !) , add in briefing the need of AT.
I try to see why the AT ,some times, blow themself, but it's happen when they abandon the original point where they are intended to shoot tanks , move and try but they are not in correct place . In example , the one above south pass and the one above hill house try to go down to the pass or to the house ...It's seems that the AI detect you or a danger in vicinity and force soldier to find and other way ! Strange , because their behaviour ( step properties) are all on "lock" and not on "set" ...i test the mission in cheat mod "shadow" and as you are not detectable , the AT do the job ! a further explanation ???
Thanks for reading this and testing !m14_mountain_p_V2.mis
I tried five Objectives, and GR stopped working when launching the mission. Went back to four Objectives and created another Objective [under Tags, the only way I can see to create extra objectives, noting you cannot add descriptive text there], then wrote the script to remove one of the original four [thinking a limitation maybe only having a maximum of four 'live' objectives], and replace with the extra 'Tag created' Objective. As soon as the script called that extra Objective, GR stopped working.
Combining multiple requirements to satisfy one Objective is straightforward to code (can assist if there is a need); which means you could get quite creative (say, like having to achieve those requirements in a given order).
I think it is correct you can have only four objectives but as you suggest combining two into one objective probably will work.
I had not played the mission in a long time. It is good but can be even better with some additional editing.
I tried RussiaGhost's edit and the enemy RPG man always tried to shoot the N. Bradley at the house.
It was difficult to kill the RPG man before he took out the N Bradley.