29 replies to this topic

#16 Askia VII

Askia VII

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

If you dont like them, just shoot them down.

I've been playing only 2 days and I have sorted that out. Just shoot them down... Or shoot the cameras set by Scouts.. it's that easy...

#17 DarkJediMasterX

DarkJediMasterX

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

If you dont like them, just shoot them down.

I've been playing only 2 days and I have sorted that out. Just shoot them down... Or shoot the cameras set by Scouts.. it's that easy...

Shooting the UAV is not that easy when the guns aren't accurate when you shoot from a distance and the UAV moves fast. Cameras are easy.
Join the Dark Hole Games (DHG) Video Game Community Today! http://darkholegames.net/

#18 Blindsight

Blindsight

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

All this crying is so immature, I gotta agree with MasterKain's other half of the sentence, ridiculous whining...

Well, you dont read very well Blame. I dont recall whining nor did I here DarkJedi whine in anyway. He was stating what he thought wasnt good and what could be a better option for the UAV and/or detection all around. To me it was a logical explaination of what could maybe work better. Then again maybe it wouldnt. But he was wondering what others thought and if it would be a more tactical approach. You on the other hand have reacted immaturely to others opinions and thoughts of the game so far. And not just this one thread. You need to learn how to respect people regardless of there opinion or you will never get it in return.
Posted Image

#19 Askia VII

Askia VII

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

Shooting the UAV is not that easy when the guns aren't accurate when you shoot from a distance and the UAV moves fast. Cameras are easy.

Have you completed the Campaign Mode on elite settings? I'd like to say that I'm on the last mission on elite settings and I have learned alot about the game. The game plays at amazing speed. Players that can play at these extreme speeds could care less if they are detected. In the 10th or 11th mission in the campaign on elite settings, you are challenged to tear through 5 levels full of mobs in two minutes flat. Players that can accomplish that, and I will soon, could care less about being detected. So it is either shooting the detection devices, or moving at speeds that it does not matter.

#20 BETA OPTICS

BETA OPTICS

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

I agree with jedi and with many others. I do like your suggestions but mostly as a directional ones as all of those as they are written might be a bit too much, but maybe some tweaks to them or some feature off it would be pretty balanced  so good job indeed. :)

#21 Lightspeed

Lightspeed

Ghost - 1st Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

Sorry but I have to weigh in here. Can we get some warnings placed on twits like masterkain. These forums are for expressing opinions, if you don't like it or don't agree with op and have nothing of value to add then leave the thread.

#22 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,663 posts
  • XFire:rocky00grnet

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

He was warned.

Posted Image
GhostRecon.net | Rainbow Six | PSP Guides | Support GR.net | My Blog | My Game Videos
Posted Image

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein

"Framerate is just a number" WatchDogs Creative Director

#23 Lightspeed

Lightspeed

Ghost - 1st Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Good I feel all warm n fuzzy now :)

#24 DarkJediMasterX

DarkJediMasterX

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

The admins of this website are awesome!
Join the Dark Hole Games (DHG) Video Game Community Today! http://darkholegames.net/

#25 Singleton28

Singleton28

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

Site is certainly well maintained. It is much appreciated! On the topic at hand, In my experience I believe the uav and the sensors are pretty good balancers for the Engineer class early on. It is aggravating to be detected most of the time in some matches, but that will keep you on your toes too. The engineer class is the weakest class in my opinion because the guns are pea shooters and the shottys have minimal range. I do believe the drones should be disabled in Siege mode however, especially the ucav! That thing has become a server killer! Just my opinions...

#26 audiolab

audiolab

Scout - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

sensors are for people who suck period :rofl:

#27 Xx_Skorpion_xX

Xx_Skorpion_xX

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

-Level your guy (forget what class uses it) and use a Jammer. They're effective agaienst Sensors, UAV's and disrupts the enemies HUD.
-Shoot the UAV out of the sky (easy 300xp...).

Edited by Xx_Skorpion_xX, 16 June 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#28 MavsManiac28

MavsManiac28

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

UAV's are not too powerful. They are easy to shoot down and a teamate with a Jammer makes them irrelevant.

#29 DarkJediMasterX

DarkJediMasterX

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

I am just ignoring the detection now lol. I still have a hard time shooting down the UAV's and don't have the jammer yet. All my classes are level 25 so I have some ways to go.

#30 xMED1CATEDx

xMED1CATEDx

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

A) if the UAV is on the move, that means the Engineer is parked somewhere,not firing at anybody, not throwing sensors at the front line where they are most valuable, and not doing much to help with objectives... basically a living spawn point... if you can find them, its an easy stun and data hack most of the time.

B)It's a moving UAV and hard to shoot...use the Noob tube with the EMP rounds, easy as pie to knock down, EMP grenades work as well, just little bit harder to hit.

C) Jammer makes the UAV useless as stated before, and having 2 lvl 50 engineers under my belt (1 UCAV and 1 Sentry Gun) I can say that you can take some satisfaction that it annoys the hell out of the Engineer when you knock it down or Jam it...after all, that's a big factor in his match XP and process of leveling up, And yes the worst is piloting it and getting data hacked.

D) Sentry Guns Chew up UAV's

E) If the UAV is stationary, he basically parked it and is on the move, in that case just shoot it down, its stationary after all.

F) regarding the UCAV its a one trick pony, 6 frag rounds and it takes 3 to kill, the blast it makes is very distinctive and there is a slight pause before each launch so yes, you have to scatter, comes with 2 emp rounds but after that it's nothing, doesn't detect or mark... your only fear should be if the ENG. with the UCAV is in a team up with a Rifleman with ammo boxes equipped (which in my opinion a lot of Riflemen dont drop a whole lot of).

Quick matches with randoms atm are still very selfish and havent evolved to a solid teamwork playstyle, how many times have you been wounded and in cover next to a teammate and not been healed? the incentive is there, that's 500 quick xp for him. situations may arrive where he is under fire and can't let his guard down to do it, but we all know of a moment when no one was around and someone just passed you by and ignored the heal.

Understand that Intel is king in this game, a data hack against your team can make it down right hard to cap an objective and costs your team dearly, same with the UAV and the Sensor.

Not posting because of my time spent as an engineer and touting the strength of the class, just posting my observations.

my experiences with quick matches with randoms are pretty easy to dissect, no intel equals a match lost most of the time...but not always. a team with too many scouts parked up on the overpass spawn trying to snipe the street almost always loses.

Currently liking my lvl 31 scout, very utilitarian, snipe on mill and harbor, bring an SMG to underground and sandstorm, pack smoke grenades (I use a Thermal scope) and an emp launcher...watck the kill information, no sentry kills or UCAV showing up, switch to the noob tube, i don't use it cuz it's easy to spam, I use it when a rifleman knows what class im playing and I'm stuck pinned down and he starts to move on me with no fear because he can drop me before I can drop him... thats when the noob tube evens things out a little bit, not always, but sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users