#1 Zeealex

Zeealex

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

Scotty's back!

In a recent issue of GameInformer, it was revealed that Scott Mitchell will be giving the new team orders. In addition, Steve Blum, Mitchell's voice actor, was the narrator for a recent trailer.

what are your thoughts on his undoubted return?

Tbh, i want to know what happened to the previous team, where's Diaz, Beasley, Brown (I think he's Bones) Nolan, Ramirez .etc? will any old school ghosts be joining the party like Gordon, Cohen, Rodriguez ( i know Jacobs is retired) etc.? So full of questions that i have to wait til may for answers to! XD

Edited by Zeealex, 04 April 2012 - 09:53 PM.

armaniac_sig_by_zeealex-d7ysvbn.jpg
"If you feel truly passionate about something, you will gladly spend a lifetime pursuing it"
FEMAL3 status: Alpha 2. Excam Status: Being Refined

#2 Parabellum

Parabellum

I am not a cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Ugh. Bringing Mitchell back, in itself, would be enough to make me not purchase GRFS, even if the rest of the game rocked. I'm so tired of that inane story.
"America is becoming more juvenile as a nation. The guys who won World War II and that whole generation have disappeared, and now we have a bunch of teenage twits."
-- Clint Eastwood

#3 Zeealex

Zeealex

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

yeah, i was quite disheartened to hear it myself, but hey, at least we aren't playing as "Senior Ghost" this time, he's Overloard possibly accepted his rank of Major, finally.

Edited by Zeealex, 04 April 2012 - 09:59 PM.

"If you feel truly passionate about something, you will gladly spend a lifetime pursuing it"

#4 RileyFletcher_01

RileyFletcher_01

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

what are your thoughts on his undoubted return?

I think he's a freaking idiot. We need a futuristic Jack Stone instead. Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Zeealex

Zeealex

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

to be fair, he was Okay in GR2 but in GRAW(2) i agree he was a freaking idiot as you put it,

Edited by Zeealex, 04 April 2012 - 11:00 PM.

#6 MeanMF

MeanMF

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Consultant
  • 589 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he was going to have the rank of General in this game? I never really got much out of the character - he seemed pretty generic.

#7 turningpoint84

turningpoint84

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

They have names? sorry i just shoot and kill people and enjoy the hell out of it!

#8 RileyFletcher_01

RileyFletcher_01

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Your player in GRAW1 & 2 is named Scott Mitchel.....

#9 Zeealex

Zeealex

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

and GR2 and Summit Strike, he wasn't as bad in those two.

#10 RileyFletcher_01

RileyFletcher_01

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

Wish they'd bring back the ability to have a full squad instead of this four-man baloney. No commander in his right mind would send four men against about 200 enemies in an open, obvious attack. This is something I'm trying to avoid doing in Texas Militia; if it is a large operation, you get plenty of armor and infantry support. It ain't gonna happen that way in real life, and if you do it in games, you're just encouraging more quicksaving and quickloading every minute.

#11 Parabellum

Parabellum

I am not a cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

Wish they'd bring back the ability to have a full squad instead of this four-man baloney. No commander in his right mind would send four men against about 200 enemies in an open, obvious attack. This is something I'm trying to avoid doing in Texas Militia; if it is a large operation, you get plenty of armor and infantry support. It ain't gonna happen that way in real life, and if you do it in games, you're just encouraging more quicksaving and quickloading every minute.

John Basilone and two fellow Marines, during the battle for Henderson Field on Guadalcanal, held off and annihilated nearly three thousand Japanese troops, after the Japanese reduced Basilone's fifteen-man unit to just himself and two other men. So, four against two hundred? I wouldn't put that in the realm of impossibility for a few highly-trained and highly-motivated American fighting men. American history is, thankfully, spangled with brave men who have taken on insurmountable odds in battle, and won.
"America is becoming more juvenile as a nation. The guys who won World War II and that whole generation have disappeared, and now we have a bunch of teenage twits."
-- Clint Eastwood

#12 RileyFletcher_01

RileyFletcher_01

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Good points there Para, but in FPS shooters, the enemy pretty much 'detect' you no matter where you're hiding and can hit you with 100% guaranteed accuracy at any range. From what I've heard, the Japs probably blew up a few hundred of themselves with their own grenades when they got scared. Posted Image Plus, in FPS games, the enemy rarely attack you, and if you were the last three men against a thousand times your number, your adrenaline would be raging, you would do ANYTHING to survive, you'd take your time and be careful, and you would be able to do more and use the environment to your advantage, none of which you could do in a game.

EDIT
I doubt the commander of those Marines sent them in to battle those guys, more likely they were the last of their wiped out company, am I right?

Edited by rileyfletcher_01, 12 April 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#13 Parabellum

Parabellum

I am not a cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

Correct, Riley. But the point was, that a few highly-motivated men can take on a much larger force. :) You do have a good point though.
-- Clint Eastwood

#14 RileyFletcher_01

RileyFletcher_01

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Agreed. If players REALLY wanted to survive (without respawns), I know they could, but the majority of players, even those who play OGR, still act like noobs (I do a lot Posted Image) and do stupid stuff. If we took our time and thought more, planned more, and slowed down we would do a lot better.

#15 Dr Death

Dr Death

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

Tbh, i want to know what happened to the previous team, where's Diaz...

Amen to that!!! Alicia Diaz was smoking H-O-T in Ghost Recon 2! :yes: I remember playing that game and zooming in w/ my sniper rifle on her butt... :whistle: She was a great sniper too!!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users