67 replies to this topic

#31 PuttPutt

PuttPutt

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

TAW_Mille_RS and I were playing yesterday on his server the updated v1.2. After destroying adat b be incurred an incredible lag caused by the adat multiplying. :wall: Later playing on TAW_Grumpytoo's server we had no problem and completed the mission with no problems. Today I played alone on my computer today and after destroying all adats and was completing extraction I had the same problem. :wall: Here are a few pics of flying adats. It would be nice to know if anyone else had this problem. Could this be because of using a slow older computer? I think adat b had babies! LOL :unsure:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by PuttPutt, 12 April 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#32 daro48

daro48

Scout - 3rd Class

• Beta Tester
  • 212 posts
  • XFire:dareckistich

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for testing :)

Yup this can make a problems :/
It was happen only after adat b has been destroyed as first target?

In my tests I was destroying adat d as first objective, so i couldn't check this case sorry.

No, the cause of this issues is that trigger hasn't stop and i have no idea why.

I'll check it asap

Thanks,
Daro

Edited by daro48, 12 April 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#33 PuttPutt

PuttPutt

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

Adats were destroyed in order yesterday. A then B. We were on our way to C when this happened. Today I destroyed A then D, C, the B. Then I went to extraction. It appears to be a problem only after destroying Adat B.

Edited by PuttPutt, 12 April 2012 - 11:30 PM.

#34 daro48

daro48

Scout - 3rd Class

• Beta Tester
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hi PuttPutt

I checked the code few times and I didn't found any errors, but I create few things which sould protect the map against this behaviours.
I can bundle this map again with enemies or make a bundle without them just for check how it will work at your machine.

What is better?

Are you interested in test empty map?

#35 PuttPutt

PuttPutt

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Which ever is easier for you. It doesn't matter to me. Although it would probably be better if the AI were present. No AI may not allow for lag.

Edited by PuttPutt, 14 April 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#36 kaapo

kaapo

Scout - 3rd Class

• Beta Tester
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

We will be back testing using dedicated server within 3 days because our cat free up the space behind our team computers :rofl:

@ rileyfletcher_01 : BB is Blackberry (Without flash and used by one hand taking pictures of the cat (sitting by me) without making here nervous (we know how ladies are when they are in front of a lens. The Problem is that this cat is very fast and has very sharp claws)

The bloody Japanese whale slaughtery is coming up again - Sea Shepherd will try to stop them with 3 ships and 1 helicopter!

Operation Relentless -  https://www.seashepherd.org.au/

#37 daro48

daro48

Scout - 3rd Class

• Beta Tester
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

Ok here we go again :)

I checked this version on dedicated server sets on win xp x86 on my virtual pc, and all was fine.
During short tests in "TAW mode" all was fine, after adat B destroy, the map react correctly and I hadn't any adat's babies.
the link for new version:

coop_daro48_forest_v1_2a

I did few changes, first of all I repleaced AI spawned to close a player and add some graphics elements.

The number of AI has not changed.

I hope this time all will work fine,

Cheers,
Daro

#38 PuttPutt

PuttPutt

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Rerunning the map today alone. Adats B, C, & D all had babies not just B. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Edited by PuttPutt, 16 April 2012 - 08:54 PM.

#39 daro48

daro48

Scout - 3rd Class

• Beta Tester
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

That's really weird, but you are talking about v. 1.2?

If this will happen again in this version I'll have to change the reiggers....

This is really weird, because the trigger to spawn the adat's is runned only once in trigger when you are on the top of the hill. Every destroy of adat has no access to this trigger, so if something should works wrong that should be trigger "t_trigger12_h_e", in my tests this trigger is called only once :/

If you will have this error one more time, I will reprogramm this trigger

Many thanks for testing one more time :)

#40 kaapo

kaapo

Scout - 3rd Class

• Beta Tester
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hi Daro,

we are back and played v1.2a on our small dedi server with 2 clients and it was fantastic :thumbsup:

We have not seen any glitches, no script and no graphic problems at all.
Framerate was always perfect above 40, just one time it dropped to 22 on our smallest client but just for one minute.
Again, everything ran smooth, we had just some snipers in the back and could not find them in the trees :wall:
(We did it in order A-D-C-B)

Congratulation, you did a very very good job.

Ohhhh, we had one problem. Our cat grabbed one of our regular team command center office chair but it was Erikas.
No problem for the cat because Erika had to use one of our kitchen chairs to play :D
So it was a little bit harder for her :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

With greetings,
Kaapo_Erika + Kaapo_Klaus

Edited by kaapo, 17 April 2012 - 06:08 PM.

The bloody Japanese whale slaughtery is coming up again - Sea Shepherd will try to stop them with 3 ships and 1 helicopter!

#41 daro48

daro48

Scout - 3rd Class

• Beta Tester
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hi Kaapo_Erika + Kaapo_Klaus :)

Thank you for testing I'm glad that your like the map :)

Which mode did you tested? Could you please test "TAW mode" with ADATs A,B,C,D order?

Best Regards,
Daro

cats can hijack a chairs, as if they were their property xDD

#42 PuttPutt

PuttPutt

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Played today using v1.2a. I played in TAW mode. Had 552 kills. No lag. No adats having babies finally! :thumbsup: That is one incredibly difficult mode. One that I would never play.

TAW_PuttPutt

#43 daro48

daro48

Scout - 3rd Class

• Beta Tester
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

Played today using v1.2a. I played in TAW mode. Had 552 kills. No lag. No adats having babies finally! :thumbsup: That is one incredibly difficult mode. One that I would never play.

TAW_PuttPutt

Ohh cmon! I created this one spacially for you :(
Mille said that ealier verions vere to easy, so I took another few weeks to create script for new game and add 300 more AI :/

I tested them alone and ofcourse i died over 40 times, but this is versions for more than 4 players.

#44 PuttPutt

PuttPutt

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

You created the TAW mode for Mille not me. I like easy maps. I play to have fun not get frustrated. I created a mod for me to beta test with on my own computer. I have God mode with unlimited ammo. (and for those reading this, God mode ONLY works on MY computer not on online servers) I did not die so I tried to take out all the AI in each trigger before continuing. I fired 18,340 bullets!

Match length: 18:45 - 20:05 Well done ghosts - You won!

TAW_PuttPutt

Edited by PuttPutt, 18 April 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#45 kaapo

kaapo

Scout - 3rd Class

• Beta Tester
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hi Daro,
we played again but at the beginning I have made an mistake.
I switched Camper mode to ON and then back to OFF. After that I jumped to the other side and switched TAW mode to ON.
Lamp of TAW mode was ON, the other one was off.
A while later WALKERS mode showed up on the screen.
We did it in order A-B (then I just looked at C but it looked normal) -D-C.
Everything was fine the same way as last time. No problems at all.

I'm wondering that we had the same value of AIs as last time (walker mode as well)!?
I just read all comments and have seen that camper mode is harder and TAW mode the hardest.
Did somebody think that walkers mode is to o easy? I believe not!
The only thing I believe is with 4+ players.More AIs for them can make it hard for them as well and if it#s possible, yes, give them the party :thumbsup: May some smaller groups will try TAW mode as well but you should give the different modes a better name because we did not relaized that on beginning as well.
By the way, without using a sniper it's almost impossible to identify a AI in a tree. I realized that a couple times because I almost never use a sniper. Sometimes I could only see a platform without sniper on top of it. This is just for info and maybe my graphic settings are to low to show everything!?

Ohh, why some of the AIs have red diamonds as markers ( just before the Helicopter comes in)?

For our feeling the map/mission is great and the AIs are placed very well. The patrols can make the life very hard and sometimes the snipers can shoot you through 3 trees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users