Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Photo

3rd Person - Just on Console or PC too? Is it a deal breaker?

48 replies to this topic

#16 AlHudson

AlHudson

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

While I have liked a few 3rd person games,I would have liked them better as first person. UBI's going to do it their way no matter what. To hell with the true GR fans.

Considering that third person GRAW (consoles) is better than first person GRAW (PC)

I think that Future Soldier is good in third person.

Edited by AlHudson, 26 February 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#17 Tinker

Tinker

• Staff
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:20 AM

Mass effect and a a few other fun games are good in 3rd person. This game is supposed to be a fun game too. Tactical FPS games are a different thing. Such a shame to see ghost recon leave the real tactical shooter behind. Sure it will be fun though.
Posted Image

#18 MeanMF

MeanMF

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Consultant
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

GR2 and both console GRAWs have had 1st person options, and have allowed the server host to force all players in the room into 1st person mode. It's the only way a lot of people played the game, and IMO it was a far better multiplayer experience. But this time around they're not giving us that option - it's 3rd person or nothing.

#19 Crossix

Crossix

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

While I have liked a few 3rd person games,I would have liked them better as first person. UBI's going to do it their way no matter what. To hell with the true GR fans.

Considering that third person GRAW (consoles) is better than first person GRAW (PC)

I think that Future Soldier is good in third person.

no for me mate, Third Person is not definitely for me. i tried GRAW2 on console and PC and guess which one still playing? GRAW2 PC FPS.
Posted Image

#20 AlHudson

AlHudson

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

Anyways for good or for bad Ubi already made a decision.

Still are awesome third person games and seems that among young third person is really popular now

#21 buddhiraja73

buddhiraja73

Scout - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

Still are awesome third person games and seems that among young third person is really popular now

Has UBI made a definite decision regarding the PC view ?

I have personally never enjoyed any 3rd person perspective shooter.

#22 =warcloud=

=warcloud=

Pointman - 1st Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

If 3rd person on the PC, is it a big deal do you think?.

Future soldier is a cover based third person shooter, looks fun, i like the arma series in third person mode. Third person perspective was implemented in Ghost Recon 2 on the consoles, except for the first game it's allways been this way on consoles, infact i think it suits the consoles better this way. PC would of been great for first person with the option to change to first person. I guess i personaly don't mind anymore as long as the game is fun. I would of prefered a Ghost Recon remake on the windows platform, it looks like everyone wants a different perspective for Ghost Recon, hahaha!. I'll allways have a soft spot for Ubisoft's Ghost Recon, no matter what they give us, it's a day one purchase for me, can't wait if i'm honest. there isn't a lot to choose from nowadays, ArmA 3 has been pused back till late 2012, can't wait though, just going to enjoy Ghost Recon Future Soldier for what it is and not for what it isn't.
Posted Image

#23 kingotnw

kingotnw

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

I sort of switched over to the console versions because the PC versions have been so strange for such a long period of time. I am very old school, like many here. I loved the original R6 games before RS was bought out. I think there is something to be offered in the newer incarnations of the games, but for me those benefits are geared for a console player. I liked GRAW1 & 2 on the PS3, as well as the PC. Very different experiences mind you, but I liked them all. I am looking forward to this game, and will end up buying the PS3 version on release day, and probably the PC version a bit later on after I scan forums and see if there is a reason to purchase it.

Haven't been here in ages... This may be the first time I have posted in several years! :P

Edited by kingotnw, 05 April 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#24 WDraco

WDraco

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Its simple for me, GR and RAVEN series are tactical games,(where u arenít supposed to see over objects or around corners) made for players who enjoy playing as a clan, FPS games are supposed to give that.
3ļ Person Views are used for games that are not tactical and need a remote controller, i buy games for my console but not FPS games, and the same thing apply to my PC i donít buy 3ļ Person View games for my PC.
So as i see it, if u make a game that is similar to a console game, u only sell it for consoles, and again you leave the PC gamers, that made this series a must have, sailing away.

What You as a company must also understand is that, people that played games especially FPS games, in the past 15 years are the ones that today have the money to buy your games, as a parent or for himself.
So u should think about the old farts that made What you are today and give us what we want.

GRAW3 TACTICAL GAME FPS

i canít believe that u guys that had, for years great FPS games, and sold them to us the old gamers had forgotten the way to make games. Go back to GR, GRAW, GRAW2, RAVEN SHIELD and make the same game with new Graphics, thatís all it takes we will buy them all.

REMEMBER THIS GREAT GAMES DONT NEED AN OVERALL THEY GEST NEED A TWICK

#25 RecasPT

RecasPT

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

Its simple for me, GR and RAVEN series are tactical games,(where u arenít supposed to see over objects or around corners) made for players who enjoy playing as a clan, FPS games are supposed to give that.
3ļ Person Views are used for games that are not tactical and need a remote controller, i buy games for my console but not FPS games, and the same thing apply to my PC i donít buy 3ļ Person View games for my PC.
So as i see it, if u make a game that is similar to a console game, u only sell it for consoles, and again you leave the PC gamers, that made this series a must have, sailing away.

What You as a company must also understand is that, people that played games especially FPS games, in the past 15 years are the ones that today have the money to buy your games, as a parent or for himself.
So u should think about the old farts that made What you are today and give us what we want.

GRAW3 TACTICAL GAME FPS

i canít believe that u guys that had, for years great FPS games, and sold them to us the old gamers had forgotten the way to make games. Go back to GR, GRAW, GRAW2, RAVEN SHIELD and make the same game with new Graphics, thatís all it takes we will buy them all.

REMEMBER THIS GREAT GAMES DONT NEED AN OVERALL THEY GEST NEED A TWICK

The perfect Game

Raven Shieldīs playability, maps, THE SOUND WELL PROGRAMED AND PLACED, etc
Add the slide of GRAW 1 (also had very well programed sound, yes I am a sound hoe :P)
Do it all with a new graphics engine, like Crysis for example
NO bunnies hopping around....
And presto a best seller, a block buster, a master piece....

Edited by JohnTC02, 12 April 2012 - 11:47 PM.
Post edited, your reply was inside the quoted text.

#26 RecasPT

RecasPT

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Has UBI made a definite decision regarding the PC view ?

I have personally never enjoyed any 3rd person perspective shooter.

Yes how can you sneak on someone if he can see you over a wall or a corner, has no logic at all, it s like the kill cams also....
In my opinion, 3rd person view and kill cams completely ruin a online tactical shooter :(
I do not buy these games (3rd Person) for online playing with a clan
I would still play Raven Shield and Graw 1 if they still had proper servers and more people playing on them...

Edited by RecasPT, 12 April 2012 - 11:58 PM.

#27 WDraco

WDraco

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

in fact its incredible that after so many years Raven SHIELD and GRAW are still played online by clans despite the lack of graphics and new gadgets, and no support, that only means one thing those games were great and still are

9 and 6 years after being on the market people still playing, fantastic great job on those games.

#28 RecasPT

RecasPT

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

Raven Shield in my opinion still has the best online maps ever design up till today...
Those maps where just brutal fun to play
And you could talk in between matches....I miss that
And you had a in game tool where you could draw your tactic on the map.... that was just awesome
Just do Raven Shield again please with some eye candy :D

Edited by RecasPT, 13 April 2012 - 01:23 AM.

#29 101459

Scout - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

Yes how can you sneak on someone if he can see you over a wall or a corner, has no logic at all, it s like the kill cams also....
In my opinion, 3rd person view and kill cams completely ruin a online tactical shooter...

There can still every bit as strong an element of stealth in third-person perspective games that intend it as part of their design; the only thing that changes are the lines of site that the different camera perspective, angle and mechanics allows -- which are the same for everyone and only changes the approach to stealth not obviates it.

:whistle:

#30 Blame

Blame

Pointman - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

I enjoy 3rd person on Graw2 (PC), seems much better to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users