#1 nuttyknatty

nuttyknatty

Recruit - 1st Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:34 AM

Hi all

Have not been on this site for along long time (played GR for many years!) but have just bought a shiny new laptop and my secong hand copy og GR:AW works on it!

So firstly, apologies if this has been asked many many times before (I've searched about but couldn't find an answer), but can someone point me in the direction of an idiot's guide to how to play GR:AW online?

Although I may be a little too old for computer games - but when in comes to technical issues, feel free to treat me like a 12 year old!

Many thanks

(Oh, and hello to anyone who remembers me!)
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 WytchDokta

WytchDokta

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:12 AM

Top online tips:

- Run around in circles shooting into the air while saying 'LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL' over comms.

- When a new player joins your team, kill them as they first spawn into the game.

- Deliberately pull a Leerooy Jenkins at the start to ruin your teams plans.

This is based of personal experience playing online and what I've seen other players do.

Darkness took me....

- Gandalf

#3 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,692 posts
  • XFire:rocky00grnet

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

How nutty welcome back!

I think the Dokta totally missed your point (aside from trying to be funny and failing), are you asking how to go about joining online games, rather than tactics on how to win?

Posted Image
GhostRecon.net | Rainbow Six | PSP Guides | Support GR.net | My Blog | My Game Videos
Posted Image

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein

"Framerate is just a number" WatchDogs Creative Director

#4 Spik@

Spik@

Scout - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

Although I may be a little too old for computer games

You're never too old for computer games! It keeps the mind alert and the fingers limber! :D

"I complained about not having any shoes.....untill I met a man who had no feet"

#5 WytchDokta

WytchDokta

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

The Dokta never misdiagnoses patients. :P

So, 'play' as in not pwning noobs in round based action, but instead 'play' as in the whole how-to matchmaking thing?

Darkness took me....

- Gandalf

#6 Tinker

Tinker

• Staff
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

There has been a few posts in the past about not being able to create an account with gamepsy. Even had the issue myself recently.

Hi Nutty, have you a gamespy account set up? As to the above comments, may want to be a bit more specific in what issues you are having.
Posted Image

#7 nuttyknatty

nuttyknatty

Recruit - 1st Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

There has been a few posts in the past about not being able to create an account with gamepsy. Even had the issue myself recently.

Hi Nutty, have you a gamespy account set up? As to the above comments, may want to be a bit more specific in what issues you are having.

I do have a Gamespy Account (I think!), and I'm on Xfire.

To be honest I've only just booted up GR:AW and clicked on the Mutliplayer tab in the vain hope that it would be as simple as just clicking on a game room and I'm playing with the rest of the world!

Obviously that was not the case and I have to admit I've not invested a large amount of time looking into what I need to do - I was banking on there being a lovely simple tutorial on the how to side of things. I can remember what a pain it was getting online with GR back in the day (download this patch, download that patch, etc, etc.) but the reward was worth it.

So just to clarify what I was looking for:

Something along the lines of this - Step 1; Load GR:AW
Step 2; Download this patch
Step 3; Install this program
Step 4; Press this tab
Step 5; Get killed by someone at least 30 years younger than over and over again....
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users