Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in /cluster/004/vclusters/745w7e/sites/745w7e.vc.c4.catncloud.com/http/forums/admin/sources/classes/useragents/userAgentFunctions.php on line 841 Patching Problem "Could Not Determine Installation Language" - GR:AW 2 (PC) - Tech Support - Ghost Recon.net Forums

Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Photo

Patching Problem "Could Not Determine Installation Language"

8 replies to this topic

#1 Cool4strenz

Cool4strenz

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

I just got a new fresh version of GRAW 2, but when I play Multiplayer it told me to patch. So I downloaded it and patched, but it had an error message saying: "COuld Not Determine Installation Language, Please Reinstall". Now I Try To Play Multiplayer But It Says The Version Is Different. The Patch was 1.00-1.05. I haven't tried the separate 1.00-1.01 etc, Patches Yet. I tried reinstalling too but nothing changed. Single player works flawlessly.

#2 Zeealex

Zeealex

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:45 AM

EDIT:

right i do believe after a rejig of my memory, this game is sounding legit, first the patch wouldn't recognize the game all together.

if the game isn't installed into C://program files>Ubisoft>Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

then you might want to reinstall into that directory above.

sigsuperskinny_zpsa6d89ab5.jpg
"If you feel truly passionate about something, you will gladly spend a lifetime pursuing it"
Tools of Destruction: -RV4/Arma3 -Poseidon Tools -Unreal 3 -AutoCAD -3dsMax -Mudbox -Maya -Photoshop

#3 Zeealex

Zeealex

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:22 AM

If you are having trouble patching and it says:
"patch cannot determine the language of the game, please reinstall"
or
"GRAW 2 is not installed on your machine."

here is what you have to do.

If the Game is not installed into C://Program files/Ubisoft/Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
and is instead D://Ubisoft/Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
then straight away there is your issue.
The patch is set to look for the first directory i typed thus it can read the Registry Values and determine the localization of the game. thats how the language is recognized. a simple reinstall to the first directory should be sufficient for the Patch to work, if it isn't, then registry entries have not been added, i know what to put where but that would be feeding illegal players on how to get their game to work and because Ubi were such idiots, they made patch 1.05 a [Thing that should not be spoken of here IAW Forum Rule 3.7] required patch.

If the patch says the second message, again, the registry entries haven't been added and the patch can't find the game in which case a legal player with the disk can reinstall.
and again i wont help illegal players with registry entries. and they will most likely be edited out by Administrators anyway.

anyway, enough said.

Zeealex out.

"If you feel truly passionate about something, you will gladly spend a lifetime pursuing it"
Tools of Destruction: -RV4/Arma3 -Poseidon Tools -Unreal 3 -AutoCAD -3dsMax -Mudbox -Maya -Photoshop

#4 psy

psy

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

Try to install the game again, do NOT change the installation folder. Then you can install the patch. It already happened to me

#5 Cool4strenz

Cool4strenz

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:07 AM

I tried reinstalling to that location. I'm still getting the patch error : "Could Not Determine Installation Language, Please Reinstall"

#6 Zeealex

Zeealex

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:23 AM

well if it is a legitimate copy then the disk is probably bust, in which case a new one is in order.
i'll need un momento to figure a few things out with my system before i go any further

#7 Cool4strenz

Cool4strenz

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

I also tried saving the patcher to the enitial installation folder, it says not a valid win32 app or something like that. And If I Use "Run" instead of "Save" it has the language error.

Regarding my Act II Not Unlocked Question, it was fixed thank you. I have act II now!

#8 MoeFoe

MoeFoe

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

I am running Windows 7-64bit and the path is: C://Program files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

Is there a way to direct the patch to the correct folder?

#9 Zeealex

Zeealex

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

through the registry editor yes, but i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post the bits to edit or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users