Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • XFire:husardpl

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

Of course, :thumbsup:

And please just send the replay in :thumbsup:

So... i have a little supprise for you guys ;) Do you remember Mission 4 with suicide terrorists ?? Then just watch - i'm bad, say that :devil:

This is not a replay, I've played live, you can see that on team sign - it's blue, on replay will be as other HUD.

With the replay will be no problem Rocky, i've just send it to you ;)

And there is a one thing more, me and my mate have some objections to mission 2... i will write about it later.

headeraisgl.jpg

#122 Lord_Flipp

Lord_Flipp

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

removed

Edited by Lord_Flipp, 08 May 2011 - 02:58 PM.

#123 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,695 posts
  • XFire:rocky00grnet

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

THE RESULTS ARE IN

Posted Image

The three yellow teams all finished FIRST, so congrats to the JOINT WINNERS

FIRST PLACE (JOINT)
TEK1
TEK2
TEAM NAKED DWARVES

We only have one set of prizes of one winning team though, so I've used a random number generator website to pick a number between 1 and 3, to select the prize winner at random from the 3 teams in joint first. The team to win the prize therefore is..... TEAM NAKED DWARVES. Ubisoft will send you out a copy each of Splinter Cell Conviction!

EDIT > Drone has kindly donated his copy of the game to one of the other winning teams as he already has SC:Conviction. I did a random pick and the game goes to one player from TEK 2! Let me know which team members would like it guys.

CO-OP PRIZE

Ubisoft wanted to also give a prize to the team the showed true Ghost Recon teamwork and co-op skills, and while most of the teams all did just that, we have selected 30 Plus to win that prize of a Ghost Recon keychain each.

RANDOM PRIZE

Finally, Ubisoft wanted to award a random team a prize, so that everybody who saw the tournament right through to the end stood a chance of winning something i.e. a AC Brotherhood T-shirt each. Again I used a random number generator to select between all the remaining teams, and the team that was picked is NH.

In closing, I'd like to say a big thank you to all the teams that played this tournament right through to the end, you are all great guys and I really appreciate you all playing the tournament in the spirit with which it was intended - as a fun competition celebrating our favourte co-op game of all time, GHOST RECON.

LONG LIVE GHOST RECON!!!

Prize winners please PM or e-mail me your full postal address.

Finally, a big thank you to Tinker and ZeroAlpha for putting together the competition missions. It can be a real task to come up with missions that can score players, and not throw up situations that cause debates. It is also difficult to make mission scoring work well so that not every one ends up with the same top score. This missions were fun and I saw a lot of comments saying how much fun they were. So BIG THANKS to Tinker and ZeroAlpha.

Finally, finally, thank you to Ubisoft for supporting this tournament with prizes and publicity, sometimes well out of office hours! So thanks to Ubi Kleaneasy and Ubi Kimi in particular.

Some comments recieved for the competing teams...

"...fabulous tournament..."

"...bloody good mission"

" short one, but good."

"So - we sliped to sniper spot, killed Ordonez and Papashvili and get the hell out of there before anyone noticed that we even been there"

"Great mission Tinker. We said "dammit Tinker" more then once!"

"Wow, nice but hard mission"

" mission 5 - was a real eye catcher"

"Fantastic Mission "

Posted Image
GhostRecon.net | Rainbow Six | PSP Guides | Support GR.net | My Blog | My Game Videos
Posted Image

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein

"Framerate is just a number" WatchDogs Creative Director

#124 9MS Alterman

9MS Alterman

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

thx alot for putting up such a nice tournie, the pleasure was all mine, really enjoyed it, and i think my teammate Drone did as well.

thx again for all peeps involved, especially Drone, Tinker, Zero & Rocky

cheers

Alt

Edited by 9MS Alterman, 08 May 2011 - 09:48 PM.

#125 wombat50

wombat50

Ghost - 2nd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

Thanks to everyone who made the tournament possible.
Team Nighthawks had a great time participating.:thumbsup:

Posted Image

Give me a cheeseburger and no one gets hurt.

#126 Tinker

Tinker

• Staff
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

Congrats to the winners! Thnx to all for participating. There where a few small hiccups along the way, but mostly seemed to be fine.

Fully intend to rescript and make coop version of this tournie that will require more team members. :D

Hats off to all, most missions where pretty short and sweet, but that is ghost recon, in a nut shell.

Nice of UBI to supply some prizes for you all, not often you see them participating in such activities, especially such an old game.

Thnx to Rocky for organising this, great idea!

:)
Posted Image

#127 peterpunk

peterpunk

Recruit - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

Thanx for a good tourney, as always it puts you out of the gaming routine. It shows ,even a 2 men ghost match can make your day.
Good work , thanx a lot to all involved to make this happen.
*TEK*PP aka PETER

#128 [30+]Darknight

[30+]Darknight

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

Thank you to everyone that put the time and effort into making this competition happen! All scriptors, all the modders, all the organizers, webmasters, UbiSoft... everyone.

Special thanks to Rocky for all of your work keeping everything organized and keeping us all informed of the latest updates.

Ghost Recon was the first online PC game I played competitively (with 30 Plus) and it holds a special place with me. I've played many games since then, but none have really captured the true strategic angle that OGR had. I always loved 5v5 ladders and the great stealth tournaments that have taken place over the years with OGR.This tourney was such a nice, nostalgic romp and it has brought me back to PC gaming.

I look forward to seeing how GR:FS stacks up and I hope Ubi releases a script program with it (like IGOR) so we can play in a co-op tourney with that game in the future.

[30+]Darknight
"Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person.... deep down, I'm not."- Batman#612 'Hush' Series.

#129 =SEW=Hellraiser

=SEW=Hellraiser

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • XFire:sewhellraiser

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:25 AM

Thx all for this time,it was fun coop,
thanks you guys who made this possible and we are ready for fight again if new coop come :o=

Regards from

Team =SEW=

#130 kleaneasy

kleaneasy

Scout - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:37 PM

Thanks to everyone who took part, we hope you all had fun.

A huge thanks to all of the team here at GhostRecon.net for all their hard work in making this happen :)

#131 *TEK*BM

*TEK*BM

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:17 PM

Thanks to Tinker and the Zero Alpha for the good tournament
We had lots of fun
Greeting to all teams
* TEK * BM and * TEK * AL

Edited by *TEK*BM, 09 May 2011 - 01:17 PM.

#132 mordred

mordred

Scout - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:53 AM

Thx for the tourney.
We specially loved Mi5 and Mi6 ! :P :o=
Posted Image
Posted Image

#133 husar

husar

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • XFire:husardpl

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:27 AM

Thought, that would have more things taken into consideration when counting - as accuracy, time - and that came out just about points.
Next time - maybe - we do not be so easily fooled :P - greetings to all teams participating.

headeraisgl.jpg

#134 ApexMods

ApexMods

• Consultant
  • 1,970 posts
  • XFire:ApexMods

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

I know I am very late to the party, as RL obligations had me completely miss this event, but I still want to congratulate not only the winners but everyone who took part in this tournament in any way, whether as players, organizers, mission creators etc.

I don't exactly know why and how, but seeing this compassion for Ghost Recon, 10 years after the game's release, fills me with pride. I am proud of the game, although I had no part in developing it, and I am proud of this community, although I had no part in shaping it.

And yet I am proud. Proud that Ghost Recon refuses to surrender to time, and proud that its fans refuse to surrender the game to history.

Long live Ghost Recon!

#135 *TEK*BM

*TEK*BM

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:00 AM

Hi Guys
Thanks again, the game arrived today
Greeting * TEK * BM
and special thanks for the game to Drone