Cheaters vs. Non-cheaters

513 replies to this topic

#16 rahnman

rahnman

Scout - 1st Class

• Beta Tester
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

Your nemesis probably had a gaming mouse. With these you can adjust the sensitivity of the mouse so that a slight movement will move the screen drastically. You can easily do a full 360 with very little movement. There is nothing illegal about having good equipment.

If you suspect that someone is cheating then there are other things that you can do. One of the best things is to watch them on "deathcam". If they are glitching or have a speed hack/aimbot then you will probably be able to tell. Wall hacks are pretty difficult to spot even on deathcam. To get on deathcam you will usually have to leave the server and then log back in. When you get in pick the team the "offender" is on (push the "tab" button to see which team that is) and then DO NOT PICK A WEAPON. You will have to wait about 90 seconds (usually) until time runs out for you to get in game. At that point you will see the "deathcam" icon appear in the lower RHS of your screen. Click on it and you will be able to watch the game through the eyes of the other players. Use you left/right mouse button to scroll between the various players until you find the one you want to watch and then see what he is doing. It could be that he is not cheating at all but this is your best chance to find out. Deathcam is also one of the best ways to learn how to play the game. By watching other players you can see what they do and the spots that they go to. You can get acquainted with a map very quickly by doing this.

Also, you could just switch teams and follow him around. When you die click the "team selection" button on the lower RHS and quickly pick your weapon before the respawn time runs out. You should then be on the other team.

Hope that helps,
Rahn

#17 tom1935

tom1935

Scout - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:15 AM

Good information, thanks. As far as the mouse goes, I had already maximize the setting and it did exactly as you stated. Only problem was, it was so fast. I had very little control on trying to settle on the enemy. I know how hard it is for you'all to know my skill. I have watch some sites that pops in the rules periodically at the top of the screen and it seems those matches look pretty good, the most anyone kills is around 20, not the 50 or greater. In those matches, I do better, but still not near as good, YET!

Thanks, I will try and observe thru the technique you mentioned. I did switch to the other team that had a fast player, followed him and when I got close just to watch, he disappeared, so I wasn't able to see more. This is all interesting stuff, I hope no one thinks I'm disgusted, I'm not, just trying to figure things out.

I did purchase a high def. tv 32" for use on these games. I was talking to a young man that seemed to have a lot of knowledge about this and he stated that the real good players use a small monitor (15"?) and was able to pick people off easier. I got this big monitor so I could see better, as I stated before, didn't seem to help.

#18 Zeealex

Zeealex

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:53 AM

also, from what i know there is a file (i think it is SB_global.xml you have to extract quick.bundle to see this file and make the game run unbundled) which allows the player to set move speed, was your opponent moving faster than normal? it could be the case of only single player allows this, Rahnman, will you know?

Edited by Zeealex, 15 March 2011 - 09:56 AM.

armaniac_sig_by_zeealex-d7ysvbn.jpg
"If you feel truly passionate about something, you will gladly spend a lifetime pursuing it"
FEMAL3 status: Alpha 2. Excam Status: Being Refined

#19 rahnman

rahnman

Scout - 1st Class

• Beta Tester
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

Yeah, you can change your speed of movement by changing files and overriding the bundle files through the local file. I sometimes use this when testing out new coop missions for John. It makes it real easy to skirt by AI and get to any trouble spots on the map. Doing this will not get past the games' anti-cheat, however. All the good TDM servers have the anti-cheat turned to keep this type of cheating from occurring. There are ways to get past the anti-cheat (obviously), but this method is not one of them. Honestly, I don't really know how hackers get past the anti-cheat. I've never tried to learn, it's more fun to whip up on hackers than it is to hack with them! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Rahn

#20 tom1935

tom1935

Scout - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:29 AM

Hey Rahnman,
I followed your information and did the cam thing, was able to select any player on my team and see exactly what he or she was doing. My observations are that there was a lot of skill involved based on what I could see.
1. You quickly point your gun in the direction you want to look, I mostly kinda scan the area cutting down on my ability to seen anyone. Problem is that following this guy around, I could see the persons he was shooting really clear, I don't seem to have that clearness when I'm playing. Also, he is able to shoot those long distance, I seem to have problems with that (were not using a sniper gun). Mostly, he never stays in one place, always moving. He did have a lot more kills than anyone else and looked like all skill.
2. He did have an advantage that I don't have, he was able to use granades and smoke bombs, how do I get those?
3. The gun he was using looks like the same as what I use, best I could tell, could only see a small portion of the gun. I actually entered the game and followed him around, hoping when he was shot that I could take a look at the gun, BUT, while taking a look at the gun, I get shot, dangit
4. I am hoping I can find the person that embeds himself in the van (I think), that will be very interested.
5. He seemed to be able to climb mountains really well, which gives him an advantage. I do know that the program lets you climb some mountains but you have to find those spots, he has has done that. Guess I could follow him some more and he will show me??
6. He was obviously very quick in shooting his target. My error here, is I tend to let my gun sights drift away from where I am looking, tonight my sight was pointin at the mountain and a guy came around and got me, I should have been pointing at the edge as I move.....

Enough, thanks for your tips, I may start looking for a gaming mouse, have any suggestions? I have a Microsoft Mobile wireless 3000 and a Microsoft Mobile wireless 5000, they seem to be pretty good.

#21 Zeealex

Zeealex

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:13 AM

okay, take an educated guess, i'm a Gigafreak wich means i am addicted to Gigabyte products, the Gigabyte Ghost.
Posted Image
this conveiniently named mouse has a record breaking 6000DPi sensitivity, nice and reliable, clean, ambidexterous. this could be what that 180degrees turning dude was using a flick of the wrist and you are there :D
just dont use it with cloth mats, it is easier on laminated mats or hard surfaces

Edited by Zeealex, 16 March 2011 - 03:59 PM.

"If you feel truly passionate about something, you will gladly spend a lifetime pursuing it"

#22 rahnman

rahnman

Scout - 1st Class

• Beta Tester
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

Well, I have a Lachesis Razor. It goes all the way up the 4,000 dpi (a standard mouse is set at about 400). I bought without really knowing what I needed so I wound up getting way more than I needed. I typically keep it set at about 1500 dpi. (I think dpi is the correct term, but maybe not). Any more than that and the fast movement on the screen makes me sick. It is NOT a wireless mouse, which I think is best.

The gun kit that almost everyone uses is "Assault 1" which has the iron sight MRC, the G36 compact secondary, a grenade and a smoke grenade. It's the best gun for TDM style play. It is perfectly accurate at long distance and the iron sights allow you to see a large part of the environment even when scoped in. Clips have 50 rounds which allows you to "pray and spray" effectively. The only drawback is that it can be difficult to hit people at a distance. Even so, with a little bit of practice you can get really good at it.

Cheers,
Rahn

#23 tom1935

tom1935

Scout - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

Zeealice, wow, that mouse looks wicked. A lot of the stuff in my newly built computer are gigabyte...I'll check it out.

Rahn, I will look into the gun selection, right now I do have a problem with the power of the gun I use (I can't think of the gun model) causing the gun to pull off target and I spray all over the place. Probably need to fire in short bursts, and do that with any gun.

Now, a question. Why is it when I use the cam system and feel like I'm looking out of the eyes of the person I'm wataching, and can see lots of enemy everywhere he runs? If I could see that clearly, I could nail a lot more of the enemy. So why is that I can see some but not nearly like he does. Is there a setting I am missing?

#24 Zeealex

Zeealex

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

nice to know you like it :D
do you have anti aliasing on or off?

right now I do have a problem with the power of the gun I use (I can't think of the gun model) causing the gun to pull off target and I spray all over the place. Probably need to fire in short bursts, and do that with any gun.

sounds like the SCAR or the SAW and yes, short controlled bursts are best for any type of stiuation.

#25 rahnman

rahnman

Scout - 1st Class

• Beta Tester
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

Most guns have recoil associated with them. Another great thing about the iron sight MRC is that it has very little recoil, allowing you to score multiple hits rather quickly. The gun is a little underpowered compared to other weapons. It usually takes 3 shots (sometimes 4) to kill. But is it not extremely underpowered as I have found that most other guns can take 3 shots also. The Scar-H, M14 and MSG90 take 2 and the M99 takes 1. So the MRC is the gun to start with. Oh, ANY weapon will kill in one shot if you hit them in the head.

As far as being able to see lots of enemy on deathcam, I have noticed that phenomenon as well. I think it has more to do with the fact that you are not scoping in at all and the whole screen is visible all the time. Also, you are more relaxed and able to take in more. When you are actually playing it is easy to develop tunnel vision.

Rahn

#26 tom1935

tom1935

Scout - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:11 AM

I'm not sure what anti aliasing does, but I usually have it on. I have review both mice mentioned and I agree with Rahn that too much speed makes me dizzy too.

Question Rahn: Is my understanding correct that you can write macro's on the mouse you mentioned that has 12 keys, and assign a macro to any one of the keys? Can you write a macro that memics keyboard sequences, such as; "run, stop turn 180 degrees, put a gun in your hand, aim and shoot then stop shooting" ? Not that I will need this very often, I just recall that happening to me...

So far, you guys are making me have to work!!!! and only getting a programable mouse can improve my play and practice.

Have a good day and thanks, keep the good stuff coming....

and oh... I probably have tunnel vision, trying to look out over the overall view and not focus on one spot unless I know someone is there. I mostly do focus too much...

Edited by tom1935, 17 March 2011 - 01:12 AM.

#27 Zeealex

Zeealex

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

Anti aliasing makes the edges smooth but because Ubi Cocked everything up, it just blurs the background :P

oh as for the tunnel vision thing, you probably just need to sit back a little. then you can get a clearer view, i mean how big is your screen again? can you see why gamers have a smaller screen now?
oh and the mouse reveiw XD yeah, i wont sell it to you more than i have to, if you arent going to use it's full potential, then there isnt any point having it. but Gigabyte do make other gaming mouses if you want to take a look at a later date or something :thumbsup:

#28 tom1935

tom1935

Scout - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

I kinda figured anti aliasing was what you said, I'll turn it off...

my screen is 32" 1080P and I will start sitting farthur back, gotta get my glasses on tho...

I will do my research on mice, this is something I am just learning from you ahr Rahn, thanks for your info, I will select something that will do more of what I want and will use.

Thanks

#29 rahnman

rahnman

Scout - 1st Class

• Beta Tester
  • 429 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

I don't know anything about macro's. But I do know that you can assign the different buttons on your mouse to do different things. I use the buttons on the side for grenade and smoke grenade. It is very helpful to not have to use the "f" key and mouse wheel to select these items. You just hit the button and you have what you need. It definitely gives an advantage.

Rahn

#30 tom1935

tom1935

Scout - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:48 PM

Thanks Rahn,
I will look into the macro thing, seems I saw something like that while browzing around looking at mice. You probably know that the mouse has some memory, I don't know how much memory is needed for macro's. I'll let you know what I find out.

You do know what a macro is? If not, here is my take on it. A macro is a small program that is programmed by remembering keyboard strokes and putting that in memory and being able to recall by having it assigned to a quick key. Hit the quick key and those strokes are repeated as often as you like. I hope this is what I have seen.

So far, as you have probably guessed, that I have found no cheats yet, just better equipment such as the game mouse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users