Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in /cluster/004/vclusters/745w7e/sites/745w7e.vc.c4.catncloud.com/http/forums/admin/sources/classes/useragents/userAgentFunctions.php on line 841 Manual add sounds - GR:AW 2 - Map Modding - Ghost Recon.net Forums

Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Photo

Manual add sounds

29 replies to this topic

#1 [SPH]Galor

[SPH]Galor

Recruit - 1st Class

• Beta Tester
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

Hi all !!!

I would insert a new sound in one of my maps (sound of rain), but I can not find the profile :hmm:

I have read some post and I see that are adding sounds to the weapons ... would it be possible for someone who can, do a little manual to learn how to introduce a new sound on a map?

Thank you very much :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#2 Tinker

Tinker

• Staff
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

Here`s 1 I made earlier... :shifty:

Place levels and sound folder into local/english folder, feel free to jump into game quick and check it out.

e_rain_street1

What to do next:

Simply rename your rain sound to e_rain_street1.wav and place into the sound/environment/e_rain_street1 folder and yes to overwrite.

Done!

:D

Download!

If you need to use your own name, then place your sound into the same folder and delete the other.

Rename both the xml files to match. Open both XML`s and paste your name over the old names.

Go to settings.xml in the sound folder and the first entry in the wavebank list plus the first entry in the soundbank list will also need the name pasting over too.

Also if you only want to hear your sound in a certain location, check the world.xml file. At the bottom it will list the sound I added in the editor, to only hear it in that location you need to remove this: positioning="2d" from the _sound xml. Right now it does not matter where the location is because we have it set to 2d, play anywere.

Main problem I see is editing the original settings.xml. You need to do this to make it work, but will it work as a custom_level without giving the altered files eject? Not sure.

Good luck
Posted Image

#3 [SPH]Galor

[SPH]Galor

Recruit - 1st Class

• Beta Tester
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

Hi Tinker :thumbsup:

I copied the folders Sound and Levels within DATA \ LOCAL \ English (I had to create this folder, not existed. Mine is Spanish).
Once I have those folders inside ....¿ supposedly appear as a sound editor to add in? or how can I prove it?
In the editor, if I put that name in the sounds are not heard anything.

On the other hand, what I want is add to my map an ambient sound of rain, so the sound would have to be integrated into the map, so players did not have to be copied folders. It drops the file .bundle, as always, and play.

Is this possible? :hmm:
Posted Image

#4 Tinker

Tinker

• Staff
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:04 AM

Just add the sound folder to your mod. Then in the editor create a location on your map anywhere you like named: e_rain_street1

That will now give you rain sound all over your map.

Let me know how you go, can impliment it for you if needed.

Have tried it several of my own missions here, works great, just need to see the rain now too?

*Edit*

Sry, is not a location...

In the editor, go to sounds and right click anywhere to add 1.

type: e_rain_street1 into the "cue" not the name. The name is only used if you are to call it in the mission script.

:thumbsup:
Posted Image

#5 [SPH]Galor

[SPH]Galor

Recruit - 1st Class

• Beta Tester
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:40 PM

Tinker!!!!

I followed the steps, and placed the files where indicated .... but when I open the editor, and select the Sounds menu ..... I do not see the options CUE and Name!
It is as if they had shrunk ..... I tried everything, but I can not return to look good ..... :wacko: :wacko:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Tinker

Tinker

• Staff
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:56 PM

http://www.ghostreco...ker/h-sound.jpg

Posted Image

#7 [SPH]Galor

[SPH]Galor

Recruit - 1st Class

• Beta Tester
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:54 PM

My God ...... not remember that at this point! :wall: :wall:
You should punish me Tinker....

I will try again ... your directions step by step ... slowly .... :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#8 Radiator

Radiator

Recruit - 1st Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

Galor' date='Apr 10 2009, 05:23 PM' post='537948']
On the other hand, what I want is add to my map an ambient sound of rain, so the sound would have to be integrated into the map, so players did not have to be copied folders. It drops the file .bundle, as always, and play.

Is this possible? :hmm:

Just add the sound folder to your mod. Then in the editor create a location on your map anywhere you like named: e_rain_street1

Nice Tinker :thumbsup:

I have a Phone box, that I have ringing, but It's looping. Can I make it ring once??

The other thing is, if I bundle the map with the sound folder, it crashes. ( can"t fine sound)
Can you explain more about what you mean by "Just add the sound folder to your mod."
Thanks Rad.. ;)

#9 Tinker

Tinker

• Staff
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

To use the example provided, you need to open your map in the editor and add a sound effect, then add e_rain_street1 into the cue box. Nothing more.

For a phone box to play once, you would need to have the sound effect placed around the phone box in the editor, then script the sound cue in the mission script by proximity or so, using the name you entered in the editor, not the cue. Make sure to remove positioning="2d" as this will make players anywhere on the map hear it.

To leave it playing at a random period, remove the loop, or set it to false, then you just add this code inside the soundbank tags in the sound.xml of the sound you are using:

<sequence>
<wait min="5" max="30"/>
</sequence>

This will now play anywhere between 5 and 30 seconds continueous...

Posted Image

#10 Radiator

Radiator

Recruit - 1st Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:59 PM

Thanks Tinker,
But what I meant is when I bundle the file do I bundle LOCAL \ English with the map bundle.

(1)
MYMAP.bundle
LOCAL \ English \sound \ environment\Etc..

So my bundle has (data\levels\custom_levels\MYMAP) inside it. And a second folder that you have to add to your LOCAL \ English folder.

or can I bundle the 2 together.

(2)
MYMAP.bundle

So my bundle has inside it
(data\levels\custom_levels\MYMAP. and
LOCAL \ English \sound \ environment\Etc..)
inside it

the problem I see with (1) is, if I add more maps. I have to edit the settings.xml and environment every time I add a new map.
thats OK with me but not with the average graw2 player ( it will confuse them)

can I or is there a line I can add to the LOCAL \ English folder, so it will look for the sound in my data file.
(data\levels\sound ) inside my bundle file. So all the new maps made, there is one file and no editing just drag and drop.

the map is ready for a first beta test, I am sending it to Dav for a quick run through (to see if all is OK with the game play), then I ll send it to you so can see what I mean.

Dav, you thought it was good before. This will blow your mind :o Dav and Tinker
Rad..

#11 davros

davros

The Wiki Guy

• Consultant
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:30 AM

Sweet. Few thinks I like better than being ...ummm...blown :0

Also, re the sounds, my understanding is that they do infact need to go into the English folder...so option 1).

I think you'll need to have it as a separate file that people load into their local/English...or in my case, local/dav folder.

The major issue here is that the anti-cheat will detect this and only allow people to play games with others who also have this file in their local\English folder...That could cause issues...but I guess none more than the weapons mods like Brettzies etc.

Perhaps best that we try it and see.

Look forward to playing it through.

Dav

PS. Ha dissues with crashing last night so had to close Skype and other apps to minimise impact to games night. Should be on again tonight though...but REALLY need to spend time on my Castle mission.

Posted Image

------ Click me to learn how to make coop missions ------

#12 Tinker

Tinker

• Staff
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:17 PM

We would really need an answer from a Grin member for this. I have only breifly gone over this stuff and not tested anything with others.

In my opinion, I don`t see how creating your own sounds.xml can effect the anti-cheat, as long as you do not edit anything from the original game. We all have a mission.xml, world.xml, etc... in each of our levels with no issue, so I would of thought we could have our own sounds.xml too. But this may be wrong, leaving you will the option of creating a mod instead of a custom level, or using option 1 as Davros has suggested.

the problem I see with (1) is, if I add more maps. I have to edit the settings.xml and environment every time I add a new map.
thats OK with me but not with the average graw2 player ( it will confuse them)

can I or is there a line I can add to the LOCAL \ English folder, so it will look for the sound in my data file.
(data\levels\sound ) inside my bundle file. So all the new maps made, there is one file and no editing just drag and drop.

Yeah that is what I had come to mind, but have no idea. Yet again, a shame we cannot run more than 1 mod at a time. :(

Maybe we get a answer from someone who knows.

I figured most of this out using THIS topic, worth a read or 2.
Posted Image

#13 [SPH]Galor

[SPH]Galor

Recruit - 1st Class

• Beta Tester
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:16 AM

Hi all!!!

Again I have free time, so I return to this issue..... :wacko:

Has anyone managed to insert into a map (not cooperate map), a custom sound?
Could you Rad?
Posted Image

#14 -=FBG=-Seb

-=FBG=-Seb

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:37 AM

I tried lol but it didn't work.

I added the sound, maked the bank file, and i can read it with the bank manager.

But when i call it in game, nothing appends.

I founded a xml file in the quick.bundle called settings.xml in /data/sounds.

In this file, it seems to be that sounds are called here :

<wavebanks>
<wavebank path="data\sound\voices\die\die_wave.xml"/>
[....]
<soundbank path="data\sound\weapons\scar762\scar762_sound_3rd.xml" _editor_bg_color="150 255 150"/>
</soundbanks>

So i tryed to add my sound here and put the file in /data/sounds/
But it didn't worked.

Maybe it will work with your sound i don't know...
-=FBG=-Seb

Posted Image

#15 [SPH]Galor

[SPH]Galor

Recruit - 1st Class

• Beta Tester
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:16 AM

I got to ring the rain on the editor.

What is not is now the most common way to get the map .Bundle
I have always created a bundle with this structure: DATA \ Levels \ Custom_levels \ Nombre_del_mapa
But now would be: LOCAL \ ENGLISH \ LEVEL \ CUSTOM_LEVELS \ Nombre_del_mapa

And of course ... does not work.
Any idea? :hmm: :hmm:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users