OGR Mod (Original Ghost Recon)

Alright, here's the alpha mod for the [GR] gametype, which is based on the TDM gametype. What we have attempted to bring to GRAW2 is the feel of the original GR. There are numerous changes and the play is intense to say the least. Certain things that couldn't be accomplished were the inclusion of the "limp", binoculars, or sensors. Sensors weren't a big issue as most of the old school GR crowd hated them and didn't use them. Anyhow, again, here is the mod in it's present form. More maps will be added later, and some minor fixes as they are addressed. Any and all comments are welcome.

The link is:[GR] Mod v1.5

You will need to place the zip files as follows:

1. [GR].link (place on your desktop)

2. [GR].bundle (place into your GRAW2/mods folder)

3. graw2_ogr.bat (place into your GRAW2 folder)

4. graw2_ogr_context.xml (place into your GRAW2 folder)

5. Ghost.ico (place into your GRAW2 folder)

Also, you will need to download and install the following map to your "custom_levels" folder of Graw 2. ***NOTE*** If you have any other bundles of the castle_day or grand_valley, such as the coops and such - they will work instead. Otherwise you will receive a CTD as they will conflict with these bundles. My version of these maps depend upon the other files included in their bundles to work. I felt this was a better solution than having their bundles and this mod CTD if existing within the GRAW2 program at the same time.

castle_day bundle link is: Castle_day.bundle

grandvalley.bundle link is: Grand Valley.bundle

Once you have done all of this, simply double click the [GR] icon on your desktop. You will only be able to play the [GR] mod while this is running. Use your normal GRAW2 icon to play without the mod. (***NOTE*** There has been a problem for a couple of our Vista users because of Vista's UAC......if you have UAC running on Vista and can't get this to run, pm me and I'll let you know the work around. Although, you could simply turn of the UAC also.)

All classes will have a combination of multiple frags & smoke grenades (except the Demolition & Sniper class). The Demo class will only get Smoke grenades, while the sniper will simply receive one of each.

There are 15 maps so far that have the C4 plantable on just about everything, and those maps are:

Arroyo

Calavera

Castle

Crashsite

Dam

Fort

Grand Valley

Guadalajara

Juarez

Lagoon

Nowhere

Quarry

Sierra

The Cut

Timber

The changes made in this mod are as follows:

1. Diamonds & Names removed from ingame screen.

2. C4 is plantable on just about everything. (Demolition & Support only)

3. The red "Hit" indicator within the weapon reticle has been removed.

4. All classes (except Demolition & Sniper) get a combination of frags & smoke grenades.

5. 4 random initial team spawn points.

6. Enemy markers appear on minimap.

7. Personal stats are reset each round.

8. Ghost & Rebel teams have unique uniforms.

9. Ghillie suits now availabe as a second Sniper kit.

10. RPG & M32 added to Demolition class.

11. Various minor weapon/damage tweaks to bring inline to the feel of GR.

Let me know if these implements are not working. Also, the Ghillie suit has it's limitations........for full scope to be operational you must be in the prone position. If standing or crouched, your vision is affected while using the rifle, although the pistol in zoom mode works - BUT has a very small field of vision. Actually, it's a pretty good trade off for being able to use the Ghillie suit. You will notice there are 2 sniper classes: one with the Ghillie, one without....so you do have a choice of which uniform you want to wear.

This mod will be at it's best running it like GR - NO RESPAWNS. I hope you try this out, and most of all that you enjoy it.

PS: The game type will be listed as "[GR]", and the map naming convention is as follows: (gametype)_(map name)_v1. For example, the [GR] arroyo map version of this is: ogr_arroyo_v1.

Also, to give credit where credit is due: Thanks to Biro & Sgnly.P@po for their maps and permission to use, to GRIN Wolfsong for his help in increasing the GL arming distance, Brettzies for his modded uniforms, and Tinker in pointing me where to look to make the C4 plantable.

Edited by Rocky

Hey mate, you look as though you are doing a lot with graw 2 which is great ive been back to playing myself but trying to get more to move away from stock maps is not working i mean our server has many on but no matter how many time i put up a meassage in game no one dl s them so we have to stick with the stock, very frustarting as some are very good, i know this has been metioned before but is there no way at all that you modders can implement some sort of auto dl feature within game it would make your job in making the mods and mine in advertising them much easier.

I will try to try this out over the weekend with a few @ TuG if poss mate

JJUK, unfortunately the Autodownload is not going to happen unless GRIN or someone who can dissassemble the Diesel engine attempts this. I've been through just about every xml and this is not something that an edit of an xml is going to accomplish. Believe me JJUK, there's quite a few of us who are frustrated over this issue also. That and the "no direct IP" connection........

Ok, the mod has been updated to include several fixes and the addition of the map Grand Valley. You will need to re-download this mod for these to take effect. Also, an additional zip file is included for anyone wishing to run a dedicated server; it has a readme included with instruction of what to do with the files for a dedicated server running this mod.

Also, we have a dedicated server running this mod for anyone wishing to check it out. We are generally on every night.

Edited by BSR_Vhladd

Nice one mate i did try with one other this sunday, the demo charges dont half create a bang :) on the 2 maps we tried all was fine, i thinks everyone will just go for the grenade launcher lol.

Will jump on your server this week.

......the demo charges dont half create a bang :) on the 2 maps we tried all was fine, i thinks everyone will just go for the grenade launcher lol.

LOL, I've heard the demo charges referred to as Vhladd's atomic bombs.... :) The GL is good, but the arming distance is a definite change from standard GRAW2......no more of the noob toob at 2 paces. Don't forget, it's both the Demo class and the Support class that get the C4, and even as fun as it is to use - it is really difficult to score a kill with.

......the demo charges dont half create a bang :) on the 2 maps we tried all was fine, i thinks everyone will just go for the grenade launcher lol.

LOL, I've heard the demo charges referred to as Vhladd's atomic bombs.... :) The GL is good, but the arming distance is a definite change from standard GRAW2......no more of the noob toob at 2 paces. Don't forget, it's both the Demo class and the Support class that get the C4, and even as fun as it is to use - it is really difficult to score a kill with.

lol just been on your server and altough our pings were high it was fun you can shoot the nades into the air and whacth em fall the other side of the map its like a carpet bomb :)

Ok, my apologies to everyone here who has downloaded this mod before I updated it tonight. I had gotten ahead of myself and tried to get fancy with the camo's and it didn't work. Matter of fact, it had some of the Ghost team looking like they were wearing plastic camos. :blush:

Anyhow, I have updated the link to the new alpha version of this mod in my original post and you will need to redownload it.

Also, I am interested in hearing about how the Ghillie suits are working for you all. When we tested it, we didn't run into any problems. Tonight though, we experienced a good portion of lag on our server and it had the effect of seperating the Ghillie suit from the body of the player. Actually, we had a couple of peeps that kept trying to outrun their Ghillie..... :hehe: Anyhow, I'm fairly certain the lag had everything to do with that, we'll know more as better bandwidth gets utilized in running this mod.

Again, my apologies -

From what I understand of "mods", this mod already will handle the "HH" gametype for you. Simply start the mod, and when creating a server just choose the "HH" maps and everything should work except the C4 charges. Give it a shot and get back to me. I think it will be an easy fix to make the C4 plantable in the "HH" gametype.

As to adding the "HH" gametype to the maps that don't have it yet, I'll look into that and see what it will take.

Edited by BSR_Vhladd

As to adding the "HH" gametype to the maps that don't have it yet, I'll look into that and see what it will take.

It should only take 1 HH zone and two spawn areas, and the added tags in the mission and world_info.xml. And edited overview map is also good that shows the HH zone.

Alright, here's the alpha mod for the [GR] gametype, which is based on the TDM gametype. What we have attempted to bring to GRAW2 is the feel of the original GR. There are numerous changes and the play is intense to say the least. Certain things that couldn't be accomplished were the inclusion of the "limp", binoculars, or sensors. Sensors weren't a big issue as most of the old school GR crowd hated them and didn't use them. Anyhow, again, here is the mod in it's present form. More maps will be added later, and some minor fixes as they are addressed. Any and all comments are welcome.

The link is:[GR] Mod

You will need to place the zip files as follows:

1. [GR].link (place on your desktop)

2. [GR].bundle (place into your GRAW2/mods folder)

3. graw2_ogr.bat (place into your GRAW2 folder)

4. graw2_ogr_context.xml (place into your GRAW2 folder)

5. Ghost.ico (place into your GRAW2 folder)

Also, you will need to download and install the following map to your "custom_levels" folder of Graw 2. ***NOTE*** If you have any other bundles of the castle_day or grand_valley, such as the coops and such - they will work instead. Otherwise you will receive a CTD as they will conflict with these bundles. My version of these maps depend upon the other files included in their bundles to work. I felt this was a better solution than having their bundles and this mod CTD if existing within the GRAW2 program at the same time.

castle_day bundle link is: Castle_day.bundle

grandvalley.bundle link is: Grand Valley.bundle

Once you have done all of this, simply double click the [GR] icon on your desktop. You will only be able to play the [GR] mod while this is running. Use your normal GRAW2 icon to play without the mod. (***NOTE*** There has been a problem for a couple of our Vista users because of Vista's UAC......if you have UAC running on Vista and can't get this to run, pm me and I'll let you know the work around. Although, you could simply turn of the UAC also.)

All classes will have a combination of multiple frags & smoke grenades (except the Demolition & Sniper class). The Demo class will only get Smoke grenades, while the sniper will simply receive one of each.

There are 15 maps so far that have the C4 plantable on just about everything, and those maps are:

Arroyo

Calavera

Castle

Crashsite

Dam

Fort

Grand Valley

Guadalajara

Juarez

Lagoon

Nowhere

Quarry

Sierra

The Cut

Timber

The changes made in this mod are as follows:

1. Diamonds & Names removed from ingame screen.

2. C4 is plantable on just about everything. (Demolition & Support only)

3. The red "Hit" indicator within the weapon reticle has been removed.

4. All classes (except Demolition & Sniper) get a combination of frags & smoke grenades.

5. 4 random initial team spawn points.

6. Enemy markers appear on minimap.

7. Personal stats are reset each round.

8. Ghost & Rebel teams have unique uniforms.

9. Ghillie suits now availabe as a second Sniper kit.

10. RPG & M32 added to Demolition class.

11. Various minor weapon/damage tweaks to bring inline to the feel of GR.

Let me know if these implements are not working. Also, the Ghillie suit has it's limitations........for full scope to be operational you must be in the prone position. If standing or crouched, your vision is affected while using the rifle, although the pistol in zoom mode works - BUT has a very small field of vision. Actually, it's a pretty good trade off for being able to use the Ghillie suit. You will notice there are 2 sniper classes: one with the Ghillie, one without....so you do have a choice of which uniform you want to wear.

This mod will be at it's best running it like GR - NO RESPAWNS. I hope you try this out, and most of all that you enjoy it.

PS: The game type will be listed as "[GR]", and the map naming convention is as follows: (gametype)_(map name)_v1. For example, the [GR] arroyo map version of this is: ogr_arroyo_v1.

Also, to give credit where credit is due: Thanks to Biro & Sgnly.P@po for their maps and permission to use, to GRIN Wolfsong for his help in increasing the GL arming distance, Brettzies for his modded uniforms, and Tinker in pointing me where to look to make the C4 plantable.

Is it possible to use this mod along side with Brettzies Weapons Pack Mod too?

[GR] Mod version 1.4 is now available. A fix was neccessary as I was notified that some peeps were receiving a crash error regarding the "mp_us_sniper2_1" entry. I'm not sure how many have been affected by this bug, but it is fixed now. You will need to redownload and overwrite the existing [GR] bundle in you Mods folder. All other files are fine and do not need to be rewritten over.

Also, included in this zip is the updated Dedicated server files. In both zips are readme's to help with the install.

The link to the updated mod is: [GR] Mod version 1.4

Is it possible to use this mod along side with Brettzies Weapons Pack Mod too?

I don't believe it is possible to run 2 mods at the same time, so I would guess and say no.

Thanks for the answer. I was afraid of that. I'll give it a spin anyway! Using your mod, that is. Not both at the same time.

Does the ORG mod for GRAW2 add RESPAWN option for GRAW2

since it didnt have the option to respawn in coop lan mode

Were with the 1.35 patch in GRAW1 it added respawn and more coop player support in ORG mode ?

CharlieBrownAu, included in the zip file you will also find another zip file for the Dedicated Server. Within is the ogr_dedicated_game_info.xml, there you can make any server side changes you wish - just be sure to use the ogr_dedicated.bat to start the server with afterwards. I'm not sure, but are you asking a question about Coop concerning this mod?