GRAW2: Co-op Collection Update

Geridak

Hey all. I thought I’d jump on here and give you the first update on the GRAW 2: Co-op Collection. We wanted to release something to you guys as a thank you for all the support from our very active community, so check out the link below for some movies created by our team showing the GR classics Caves and Swamp Airfield (one of my favorites) and the brand new map Business Park, which is bound to become a classic.

For those of you who don’t know already the pack will contain 5 brand new Co-op Missions, 9 new maps (7 GR classics and 2 brand new ones), and 9 new achievements. IGN has some good details here:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/827/827831p1.html

Check out the Clever Retort Achievement. I bet we’ll see more than a few of those in the next Devs VS Fans night. Yes, we’ll be planning another Devs VS Fans game night here very soon; I want a little revenge from our last one : ) We’ve got a bunch of people here ready to rock and I’m thinking we’re going to be pretty dominant on Swamp Airfield and Business Park. Practice up…we are : )

Anyway, I’ll pass on more info as soon as I get it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am jealeous for sure.. we need those maps for the PC version.. unfortunitly as jealeous as I am I won't be buying an Xbox to play them on.. so I can only hope that UBI see's the need to port these to the PC.

Im with ya on the fact that we need a PC update like this, but I already have a 360 and GRAW2 for it, so I guess I mind as well get it because I dont see us PCers getting anything close to this.

Caves looks incredible. I didn't think they could make it look that good. Dam impressive work. Hope Battlefield, Castle, Railroad Bridge and Plantation look as good.

Expect: GRAW2 Co-op Collection Fan Flythroughs 2 soon I reckon.

Caves looks incredible. I didn't think they could make it look that good. Dam impressive work. Hope Battlefield, Castle, Railroad Bridge and Plantation look as good.

Question for Geridak: How long did it take to make these maps? There looks to be a lot of work in them.

Yeah, there is a bit of work that goes into making them. For a new map, from scratch, it will generally take a month or more to design out and prototype a play space. After that it could take multiple artists 4 months or more to come up with the final version.

Now if we have pre-designed layouts, like old GR maps, that poses a different type of challenge as we have to look at play balance and zone placement with the new systems and gametypes. As you guys all know, things have changed a bit from GR1; character movement speeds, camera placement, weapons, etc. So all of these changes have to be accounted for to make sure the map provides the intended gameplay.

Updates:

Ok, so after Rocky having issues watching the second one and wanting to trim down the file size yet provide better video, I now have the videos as wmv's (which also plays nicely on the 360 and fullscreen for PC) and at a bit larger size. You guys are the first to get it:

Though it's up on youtube I figured a better quality version shows a lot more of the detail and time that went into these maps.

Enjoy,

-pat

So will these be coming to the PC version too? As a family man I had to buy a Wii and i'm not about to move sideways to a 360, so come on, answer the question! PC or not?

I'm in the same boat as you mate, and Ubi are considering it, so cross your fingers,

hello everyone played ghost recon since it first came out and love it ....what i would like to see is [GR] faithfully reproduced both for PS3, xbox 360, and the pc...same great game updated graphics and no star wars stormtroopers!!! bring back the military feel to this game mud and guts not sci fi uber soldiers. :hmm:

p.s just watched the movies !!thats what im talking about please release this as the full game in all its updated glory!!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by KTC1976