What's your Opinions on MP ?

My first impression after one night is......this is sweet. :thumbsup:

Speaking only about the Multiplayer right now. This is only my opinion, and I would like to see what the rest of this fine community has to say. Plus we get to let GRIN know what a great job they did. What you like & constructive criticisms, bashings should go somewhere else (if there are any)

Improvements/Pluses:

I will add more to this list, the more I experience the game.

1. Maps are beautiful. Nice variety. Lagoon is pretty damn sweet. Need to play the rest of them more, but that one really sticks out...Crash Site...pretty sick as well :D

2. Primary weapons are nice.

3. Sounds is well done.

4. Loading times are much better. Much better.

5. Player models/textures look really good.

6. Loads of hiding spots

7. Tall grass, more open areas, seems to slow the game down a bit. That's a good thing.

8. Gamestlye brings back the Recon in Ghost Recon.

9. Thumbs up on delivering a playable product on release!! :thumbsup: (including the first patch). Delays were worth it.

10. My clanmates are psyched!! Can't wait to match in this game!!!!

What I would like to see changed/fixed/added: Nothing too big, but some little enhancements. I don't know anything about development, but if this stuff is possible please consider it in a patch/expansion. More of a wishlist than anything.

1. 1 or 2 more hand frags for assault. Demo has 2 GL's Assault needs a better ability to counter that.

2. Another kit addition for the Rifleman or Recon, can't remember (the Third class....one with the scope) - Sensors? :hmm: to show an enemy on the multi-map only, not with the red diamond?

3. Maybe smoke for the sniper, MP5 side-arm for M99 kit.

4. Ability to aim a bit lower when prone on an edge. No ability to look below you at all.

5. The map that is like Castle...... When you run over the Cement it sounds like running on the grass. Hard to distinguish where your enemy may be. Need sounds of footsteps on cement.

6. No sound from teammates/opponents GL firing or reloading.

7. No after round chat.

8. Ready button so you can cycle through the kits before getting in the game.

9. A bit more optimization. Vastly improved, but still seems a bit sluggish. I notice it most when using the M99 zoomed in. Didn't have this problem in GRAW1.

10. A clinking sound when a Frag is bounced off of objects - cement/metal

11. Replays!!! Like repalys from GR1 or Battlerecorder from BF2 & 2142. Battlerecorder: Never really knew what it was until the other night. I was tooling around in my menus in BF2142 and noticed Battlerecorder. It had a list of games I recently played. I was able to download replays to BF2142 to be viewed. Full games that I recently played! I was able to switch to any player that was in the server at that time and watch them from 3rd person view, not sure if you can see 1st person. Someone more familiar, please elaborate. What a great feature. GRAW 2 needs something similar. It would really ward off cheaters, and allow matches to be saved for later viewing. Please..maybe in a patch or expansion. Consider it GRIN.

12. incendiary grenades?

13. Squad Hierarchy?

14. Ability to open doors

15. Mini map in the top right corner..... Can it be zoomed out more? Or give the ability to manually zoom it in and out.

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is stunning, absolutely brilliant!!!

Only 1 negative thing in the entire game imo: the kits, imo they need to go, the sooner they're gone, the better :wall:

For the record, this is MY opinion :)

I wonder why you can't select the guns you want in MP just like in the SP (or as in GRAW 1 MP)

An idea for mapmakers, I've heard a lot of people say: "Need some city maps too";

If someone can port over a couple of GRAW 1 maps (downtown, avenues), that issue would be 'kinda' solved (old maps w/ new guns = ownage) :)

Edited by C9.Constantine

2. Another kit addition for the Rifleman or Recon, can't remember (the Third class....one with the scope) - Sensors? :hmm: to show an enemy on the multi-map only, not with the red diamond?

How about a server side option to just make kits go away and just let players pick whatever they want (wthin weight restriictions) just like GRAW1. this really should be brought back as a server side controlled option.

Taking this feature away is going to become a soar spot for people. Mark my words.

4. Ability to aim a bit lower when prone on an edge. No ability to look below you at all.

Re-quoted for emphasis. Yes.

5. The map that is like Castle...... When you run over the Cement it sounds like running on the grass. Hard to distinguish where your enemy may be. Need sounds of footsteps on cement.

yep. noticed ths one too. I'm guessing this is a simple sound file mistake/bug good pickup.

6. No sound from teammates/opponents GL firing or reloading.

yup. I see you took good notes. I noticed these things too but forgot.

9. A bit more optimization. Vastly improved, but still seems a bit sluggish. I notice it most when using the M99 zoomed in. Didn't have this problem in GRAW1.

This may be a result of server CPU saturation (or not). I noticed certain moments that lead to frame drops. then we got the second instance of a another game off the server, and all the frame rate wierdness went away. Just a thought.

11. Replays!!! Like repalys from GR1 or Battlerecorder from BF2 & 2142. Battlerecorder: Never really knew what it was until the other night. ............ Consider it GRIN.

Full game recorders are premier features. I have been asking for one of these in the GRAW series since way back when. It requires a lot of "hooks' already exist in teh code and it requires that these hooks be in the design from the get go. My gues is that to retrofit a true, object oriented battlecorder into the deisel engine after the fact would be way beyond the scope of tehir mandate and design (and resources commited to this project)

It can be the ultimate anti cheaters system for review of suspected cheats .... not to mention great for training and for good ol fashioned fun...

13. Squad Hierarchy?

I'm dissapointed they removed the simple feature to bbunch into squads in [GR] coop. Is this what you meant?

14. Ability to open doors

GRAW3 maybe>? I hope they sella bunch of these so that someone asks them for a repeat.....

15. Mini map in the top right corner..... Can it be zoomed out more? Or give the ability to manually zoom it in and out.

Yep. I could have sworn they had this in one of the demos. did they not? I commented while playing last night that I thought we had that previously and then lost it in from demo to play.... Am i hallucinating?

And FINALLY......

I would like to see the campaign coop order system fixed which allows other humans to see what the squad leader orders him to do (move here, cover that sector etc)

Additionally, i would like to a see a system that generates a voice moment when the SL gives other members an order. somethng like ...

"Alpha ... cover west"

or

"Bravo ... move over there"

Where the guy receving the order is the only one ot hear it. It alerts him that an order has been given to him and even temaspeak is not required.

Edited by Sleepdoc

Game play is pretty good. The retail version runs smoother than the Demo so thats a good step in the right direction.

Couple of things i would like to see fixed though are;

1. having to reslect your kit after every round. (it should stay on the kit you originally picked instead of going back to default)

2. sound issues. This may be just me but i find the sound to cut out while running sometimes. and its only on certain maps it seems.

3. needs some jungle and city maps.

4. linux support <-- sry i have to beat that dead horse.

5. better dedicated server support (smaller dedi server files)

6. Replays like BF2 are a must.

Im sure more things will come up as time goes on but so far so good.

Yep. I could have sworn they had this in one of the demos. did they not? I commented while playing last night that I thought we had that previously and then lost it in from demo to play.... Am i hallucinating?

Try pressing "j" to cycle between 3 zooms. The first one is the most zoomed out, and is the same resolution as the large map found under "m".

I suggest mapping the "m" function to your thumb mouse button (button 4) as you can run as view the map at the same time.

MP Wise - this game is just flat out silly good....

has the making to be great... more maps will be needed for longevity.. and of course clan matching will make MP last even longer... this one will be around along time if there is the right support, ladders, and new content...

did i say I love this game yet?

1. a Little text message saying

"you are close to a spawn point please move away or prepair to commit suicide in 5-10 seconds"

2. build your own kit selection (ugh the M145? has horrible iron sights a scope and a forgrip are all that i need and a sidearm other then the 9mm)

3. being able to restrict kits or equipment (if the idea above is used)

4. some claymores or other defensive equipment (flashbangs, mines, claymores, c4 traps, etc...) aside from smoke grenades and fragmentation grenades (can also make them destroyable by gunfire)

Edited by bangurdead

* Take away the "kits". Let us choose and pick like in singleplayer/coop :wall:

* 2-3 handgrenades. 1 single is just a waste of space :wall:

* Handgrenades to EVERY weapon! (actually just look at the first *)

* Aimpoint-sight-possibiltity to m14 weapon. See above..

* The server-side needs polish.

* Prone-issues... pls... elite-soldiers that cant shoot while prone unless on a totally flat area..? :wall:

Other than this, its a great game. Keep patching and we will be happy gamers :rolleyes:

* Take away the "kits". Let us choose and pick like in singleplayer/coop :wall:

Slight refinement to your idea if I may..... Keep kits if the server wants them. Kits have their place too.

BUT....

Give us kit control server side. let us define the kits server side.

Give us total control, GRAW1 style, as a server side option too

* Prone-issues... pls... elite-soldiers that cant shoot while prone unless on a totally flat area..? :wall:

Yep. GriN explained this once. But it was a technical explanation only. It didnt explain why they left it this way. I still think it is silly to leave it this way. the human body, nomatter how big the clip is, can make minor positional adjustments while prone to get that aimpoint pointed more downward.

The net effect of this "feature" is that it makes users scared to use prone. You never know if the move designed to save your life will actually result in your death becuase you can't get the shot off at them once you go prone and they can. It has all but ruined prone for me. it is a big deal.

Other than this, its a great game. Keep patching and we will be happy gamers :rolleyes:

Already happy. will be happier :D

Edited by Sleepdoc

Respawn on leader was nice, now you have to respawn at base everytime in Coop.

GRIN, What were you thinking?

Oh yea. dropping that feature was also kinda backwards moving. of course, it isnt just that you can't respawn on leader. it is also that you can't even define individual squads in 12 player coop, so you cant define the leader.

where did that good stuff go?

again GRiN, why take away good stuff from GRAW1 rather than just make it a server side option? you already had it working.....

Edited by Sleepdoc

I can understand why the kits are there for RvA but the Rifleman class in other gamemodes is toast against someone wth frags or a GL. Yes its gets a scope but seeing how easy it is to aim and shoot the GL it's no match. I would rather see getting rid of kits or atleast make it a server option.

This is really my only complaint about MP as I am loving it so far.

One answer: DRAW Distance

low for 150 to 200meters, medium 200-250 meters and high 250-300meters. to be selected by the server admin only

I've harped on this about all I will anymore.

added: What I'm saying is, you guys set a draw distance that after X number of meters, you can't see any enemy or friendly players. you can only see the muzzleflash. can you make a control in the server setup to set the draw distance please?

thank you,

Papa6

Edited by Papa6

low for 150 to 200meters, medium 200-250 meters and high 250-300meters. to be selected by the server admin only

How about a fog/haze line for those that use it on post effects low instead? Post effects high looks correct.

To long of a draw distance and it will be just a sniper war.

How about a fog/haze line for those that use it on post effects low instead? Post effects high looks correct.

To long of a draw distance and it will be just a sniper war.

well i don't know about sniper wars would be happening so much but it would stop the unfriendliness to us snipers.

PLEASE GRIN, get rid of those kits and give us back the ability to choose weapons ourselves.

Respawn on leader was nice, now you have to respawn at base everytime in Coop.

GRIN, What were you thinking?

Coop mission scripters can move the spawn zone during the missions when areas have been cleared for example to avoid spawn in hostile areas where you get shoot all the time. It was not done on any of the official missions, but can easily be modded or implemented on new maps made by modders.

You can't spawn on team leader in Coop as there is no team leader. That's why that way can't be implemented in Coop at all.

I like multiplayer, I played the hell out of that damn demo level. I'm not very good against the campers and the snipers but the fact that after I knew where they were, I could zero in on them and felt a sense of game balance by using tactics.. well, that felt pretty awesome.

MP needs squads and a revised kit system. I'm all about limiting kit so you don't have everyone playing "grenadier snipers" or something but I'd like to decide which of my weapons has a scope, a silencer, etc. A point based system for each kit would work out great, I think. and weapons outside your "MOS" would cost more points or simply be unavailable but you'd have more choices and combinations hitting the field.