#1 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,712 posts
  • XFire:rocky00grnet

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:38 AM

Act I - Recon in Force

Posted Image

Cool map, I liked how you can scope clear across the quarry to take out enemies with long shots, and the turkey shoot from the first vantage point at the top of the stairway to the first camp.

I can't say I needed the mule at all, even on the highest difficulty, but the team did cover my back a couple of times. Fun mission. :grin1:

I think that's the first time I noticed the Ghost logo on the underside of the heli.

Posted Image
GhostRecon.net | Rainbow Six | PSP Guides | Support GR.net | My Blog | My Game Videos
Posted Image

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein

"Framerate is just a number" WatchDogs Creative Director

#2 Hammer

Hammer

Ghost - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:43 AM

:rofl: I just keep sending the mule out in front. Its a good RPG magnet :yes:
Posted Image
Men of Harlech onto glory, This shall ever be your story
Keep this fighting words before ye, Welshmen will not yield

#3 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,712 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:50 AM

For difficulty, I'd rate this mission quite easy, even on Hardcore. The enemy are lightly numbered and are for the most part static, not roaving.

What this map cries out for is a more determined defence of the armour, and some civies working the quarry, with jeeps occasionally traversing the quarry. Civilians on this map would be awesome, that's still a modding threshold that hasn't been crossed yet though :(

Posted Image
GhostRecon.net | Rainbow Six | PSP Guides | Support GR.net | My Blog | My Game Videos
Posted Image

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein

#4 bullslink

bullslink

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

Alright, I was on the second mission, Recon in Force, and I had my mule dropped for me. I decided to go ahead and attack the Guard position that was 90 m away, and wanted to bring along the mule with me.

It got stuck on the road.

I tried and tried, everything I could think of to get it moving, but it just wouldn't budge. It was just stuck at an angle to the hill on the side of the road to the nearest camp. Also, I found out I couldn't place the mule's move order directly on the road....

How am I supposed to use it? I thought it was meant to provide cover and supplies, but if the damn thing is so stupid that it gets stuck every 2 m, that is really annoying.

Also, what is the demo guy for? How am I supposed to make him use his grenades to attack certain positions?

#5 BoGRIN

BoGRIN

Scout - 1st Class

• GRIN
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:04 PM

The MULE is best used if you place several move orders in a row. Don't make long ones as it is not the best navigator or terrain negotiaor even in real life.

Use it for cover and re arming.

Also make sure to have it within your order range that is 75 meters or about 230 feet of you.

Bo

#6 GRIN_Wolfsong

GRIN_Wolfsong

Modder Gone Pro

• GRIN
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:36 PM

What this map cries out for is a more determined defence of the armour...

Tried "Coop Quarry" yet? ;)
- Technical Artist @ Avalanche Studios
Games: BC: Rearmed 2, Lead & Gold: GotWW, Split/Second, Bionic Commando, Terminator Salvation, Wanted: WoF,
BC: Rearmed, TC's GR:AW 2, NwN: The Wyvern Crown of Cormyr & Infinite Dungeons
Mods: GRAW2 Extended v1.5.3 BETA, GR: Swedish Force - For King & Country v1.4.5

#7 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,712 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

Nope! Co-op is lined up for when I complete the campaign :) I do keep hearing how tricky it is though :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 tangokillah

tangokillah

Recruit - 1st Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:49 PM

So I beat the second mission, got extracted with music in the background yada yada yada, but didn't get a continue button to push, only the Return to Menu button. Why cant I continue even though I beat it???

Edited by tangokillah, 21 July 2007 - 10:49 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,712 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

There does seem to be a bug about continuing the campaign though, until GRIN solve it your best bet is to delete all the saves for the mission from your save folder and try again, or download the GRAW 2 complete from the downbloads section.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 RavenNZ

RavenNZ

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:26 PM

I have come across this same bug. I've completed the whole game on normal, replaying it on hardcore complete act 1 search and destroy move to next mission ok, but once i finish the second mission the bug happens and i no longer advance (only have return to menu). I am also using a different profile from the one i completed the game with first, but that shouldn't make a difference. frustrating. grrrrrrrrrr
any other ideas or any new on a new patch?
src="http://img165.images...aveniu3.th.jpg" border="0" alt="Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us" /></a>[/img]

#11 dirtbag

dirtbag

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

I would have to agree even on hardcore this one was pretty easy. I basically parked the mule when it refused to go past the obstacle in the road on the way to the guard area. My team wiped most of the guys at to top of hill out, as well as those who poked their head out of the main gate during the 1st part of the mission. I just sat back and watched.

For GRIN, on the Coop one of the tanks was upside down and still shooting happily, underneath the towers. I have not gone back through it but if it is there again I will get a screenshot. I thought the damm thing was a wreck, and it kept killing me. :)

You gotta fix the draw distance for coop, it is my only complaint. The enemy AI does a good job but I can not see them until I reach a certain range, while they can see me from outside my visual. Drives me nuts sometimes, but on the upside I low crawl a lot more. :)

#12 squad_e

squad_e

Ghost - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • XFire:squad_e

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:08 PM

o.k what the heck.

I completed this mission like twice in a row.

Got A in it and "man of steel".

But why won't it unlock the next mission?.

oh yeah the mule is a good "support" feature. :rofl:

Please help.

EDIT:

Woops, i didn't read your post rocky, why do i have to download the complete save game?.

I want to complete it myself.

Edited by squad_e, 02 August 2007 - 07:11 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,712 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:14 PM

Woops, i didn't read your post rocky, why do i have to download the complete save game?.

I want to complete it myself.

You don't have to, but if deleting your quick saves as in the FAQ does not help, then that might be your only option. Either that or wait x amount of days for the patch which may or may not solve this issue, where x = unkown number of days greater than 7 but mostly likely less than 30.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 squad_e

squad_e

Ghost - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • XFire:squad_e

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:26 PM

meh, i hate math's.

But, you leave me no choice of downloading the saves...

Thanks anyway.

Edit:

Where do i extract the save's?

thanks again.

Edited by squad_e, 02 August 2007 - 07:28 PM.

Posted Image

#15 EricJ

EricJ

Ghost - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:58 AM

The mission is good, but as said, it's fairly easy. Personally, I just have Hume along and it works out great with him an and M14 and scope. It's like Allen... Matter of fact I just took it on Normal difficulty with me and Hume. It's good to just waste twenty or thirty minutes for this mission since it's easy.

Using the Mule? The thing is, you gotta pay attention to your movement circle. If you drag your circle, and it dissapears, then it cannot go. Or if you click on an area, and it gives you like an error tone, then yeah of course it's not going to work. You got to keep in the dummy mode, i.e. it's retarded and any complex tasks should best be avoided. And it's really a mission drag, as if you manage your team and weapon usage (or just "borrow" from the Mexicans) then you shouldn't have to use it unless you want to use something special.

Edited by EricJ, 04 August 2007 - 04:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users