40 replies to this topic

#16 simulacra

simulacra

Scout - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:05 PM

And then we ahve the not so unimportant factor of tactical(ism?) in the pc version :)
Posted Image

#17 bugkill

bugkill

Recruit - 1st Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:49 AM

the PC version is more tactical, while the 360 version is more action and cinematic oriented (thus the 3rd person perspective). it all boils down to what your taste is and how you want to play the game. the 360 absolutely kills the PC when it comes to substance for MP. the MP is where the PC version fails and i was hoping that GRIN would address this for GRAW 2 with more chr and weapon models, but it does not look like it at the moment.

#18 john2gr

john2gr

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:03 AM

Actually the MP is really great,especially the Recon vs Assault mode. But then again some people should realize that this is not CS or any other MP game and there is not point to keep camping :P
System Spec:

Intel Core2Duo 6600 (@ 3.51Ghz)
2GB DDR2 800Mhz
EVGA 680i SLI
XFX 8800GTX 768MB
Soundblaster Audigy2ZS
Windows XP 32bit
Drivers: ForceWare 158.19

#19 bugkill

bugkill

Recruit - 1st Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:41 AM

Actually the MP is really great,especially the Recon vs Assault mode. But then again some people should realize that this is not CS or any other MP game and there is not point to keep camping :P

i'm talking about the lack of customization in MP. we need more choices of camo and uniforms/gear. the 360 version hit it right on the head with all the different tactical helmets, caps, boonie hats, etc. the PC version looks tame in this department and i don't want to run around with a team that is all wearing the same exact gear like in SP. they got away with it in GRAW 1 and i will flatly refuse to pay for the game again without more substance. i still got GRAW 1 and judging by the demos i'm not impressed enough to buy again. the demo is cool and the gameplay has been enhanced, but they did not add the things that i wanted in the new game, so i'm going to pass on buying it during the initial release.plus, with COD4 coming out, may never get it.

Edited by bugkill, 09 July 2007 - 01:42 AM.

#20 dporter

dporter

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:50 AM

In the PS3 and X360 videos you really have to look very very hard to see any difference, for the most part anyway. In this GRAW2 movie you could see the characters were much the same, but you'd have to be blind to not see the PC textures were better than the X360 ones.

Yeah, sorry. I should have explained before I went on my rant that I thought there was an obvious difference. I agree that it does look a lot better. I guess to use the old cliche, I want to have my cake and eat it to. I do hope that the frosting is pretty and all but there better be some damn good custard filling in the coop part of the game as well. Dang, now I'm hungry.
Posted Image

#21 Nailbomb72

Nailbomb72

Recruit - 1st Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:08 AM

I played & enjoyed the 360 version and now the SP PC Demo. PC all the way, it's the shot in the arm that the GR series needs (from the taste I've had so far). It makes the 360 version look very comic book and also seems to have much more replay value. I played the 360 version through once and not inspired to do so again (not knocking it, just not really immersive enough) whereas I've played the PC demo a few times and am hanging to play it again when I get home and possibly again after that :o=

It's great to see how differently the same mission is presented on the 360 & the PC, as with the original GR:AW it's like 2 different games - more so this time around because of the Recon element being put into PC GR:AW2, you're not being forced along, you can plan your moves etc...

Posted Image

"Talk to me Sir!"

#22 jonelo

jonelo

Recruit - 1st Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:37 AM

Well in Stage6 is this new GRAW 2 video in HD , in the second mision

Streaming 123 mb

CLICK in the icon , in right corner down for the Fullscreen mode -1280 x 720 -

Direct download 123 mb

Nice graphics ;)

Edited by jonelo, 09 July 2007 - 05:54 AM.

#23 Judge_Recluse

Judge_Recluse

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:14 AM

Streaming 123 mb

Direct download 123 mb

Nice graphics ;)

I hope thats a MP map... very nice.
Posted Image
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music. Marcus Brigstocke

#24 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,696 posts
  • XFire:rocky00grnet

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:17 PM

Streaming 123 mb

Direct download 123 mb

Nice graphics ;)

That's the streaming link twice... trying to find d/l link... here it is, guessed it :)

download link > http://video.stage6.com/1397705/.divx

Posted Image
GhostRecon.net | Rainbow Six | PSP Guides | Support GR.net | My Blog | My Game Videos
Posted Image

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein

"Framerate is just a number" WatchDogs Creative Director

#25 GrimeyAK

GrimeyAK

Scout - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

I remember this map from the GRAW 2 xbox 360 campaign. This version seems a lot bigger and more intricate that what I remember on the xbox. Cool :devil:
Posted Image

#26 sgt.hoot

sgt.hoot

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

no its just a rehash of the quarry level in gr2 when mitchell finds all the korean f*gs executed in the tunnels
"Let me live my life and have pie" - Lleswynn

#27 LFO

LFO

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:09 PM

well i guess there are a lot of people who will love the fps extraction... including me! :hehe:

#28 jonelo

jonelo

Recruit - 1st Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:54 AM

http://stage6.divx.c...-agua-y-sombras

Little video in Stage6 . Water and shadows in one multiplayer map

#29 sgt.hoot

sgt.hoot

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:54 AM

lol its lagoon from graw2 360 it is a very fun map woot! too bad graw2 comes out 3 days after my bday :(
"Let me live my life and have pie" - Lleswynn

#30 dporter

dporter

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

The 360 video is a Gamespot HD 720 p video, WM3 13 Mbs - very good bitrate - . After have a cut and montaje , recoding in MPEG 2 at 25 Mb/s with the PC video and recoding in Divx at 12 Mbs for upload in Stage6

Streaming 180 mb

Direct download 180 mb

How come the direct download link pulls up my media player? Seems like that is streaming to me. I want to be able to save it somewhere and play it at home. Help?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users