Sound Issues?

I know there's been sound issues on certain makes/models of soundcards, and I understand the frustration since sound is such an important element in this game.

But if you've read previous threads you know that we are looking into it and are working on a fix.

But those of you that have problems should try and set the sound to General Software as a temporary workaround.

• 1 month later...

At the moment, 'generic software' is my only option as it doesn't recognize my soundcard (Audigy 2 ZS). It showed up in the MP Demo but not the SP Demo or Retail.

Edited by Bota:16

I know there's been sound issues on certain makes/models of soundcards, and I understand the frustration since sound is such an important element in this game.

But if you've read previous threads you know that we are looking into it and are working on a fix.

But those of you that have problems should try and set the sound to General Software as a temporary workaround.

Thank You for the feed back look forward to the fix.

Played for the first time (G2) last night and sounds were not strong, ie gun sounds were very faint even my own.

I will further test this eve .

XP Home sp2

p4 3.0e @ 3.60

x1950pro 256

X-fi platinum at high, eax on and bar to 100% (although music to 0%) Latest creative drivers.

D2D

Edited by Halli_*BDA*

I have an Audigy 2 ZS, but I can also only choose 'Generic Software'. Does this slow the game down, since the processor handles the sounds now - and this is an processor intensive game? I ask this because I suspect my framerate is too low.

I have a

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 2.01 GHz

2048 MB DDR 400 MHz

7200 RPM HDD's

Asus 8800 GTS 320 Mb

Creative Audigy 2 ZS

Sorry to keep harping on the sound issue, but there does not sem to be a lot of feedback. If you have a newer MOBO, and possibly 2 video cards in SLI, the only solution I've been able to find is to move your sound card to the PCI slot furthest from your video card(s).

I'll try it out and report back, but hopefully it works for some of you other guys with sound issues.

^ Well, it didn't work. However, once I set my sound to generic hardware, it seems that all of my problems have disappeared (crackling, whistling, missing narcom audio, game freezing, missing sounds, etc.).

If I let the game detect my X-Fi, no matter how low I set the sound quality, I experienced all of these issues.

I should note that GRAW 2 (demos & retail) ran fine on my old computer. I only started having this issue with my new build.

I recently upgraded from an Audigy 2 ZS to an X-Fi Fatal1ty and neither are recognized by the game.

I have tried uninstalling the game and drivers and reinstalling them. I have tried to reinstall DirectX 9c. No love... I have left the setting to generic hardware as this does sound a touch better than generic software. But I still get some sound issues on some maps (Aroyo for one).

I know others that have had no problems with the X-Fi cards, so this is a bit strange. Is this issue specific to certain cards or other hardware?

I look forward to a patch since the sound is so critical in this game.

MSI K8V Neo4 Platinum

AMD64 X2 4400

512MB x4 PC3200 Corsair Value Select

ATI x1950 Pro 512MB

Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty

Edited by [ZA]cptCuervo

Intro movies.

Does anyone else not get any sound or extremely low(as in barely hear anything) during the intro movies? Is there a fix for this? A setting somewhere? When I play the bink files by themselves the sound is fine, but when the game loads I get pretty much nothing.

EDIT: this seemed to be fixed with the auto patch. :thumbsup:

Edited by Brettzies

cptCuervo' date='Jul 27 2007, 05:16 PM' post='481832']

I recently upgraded from an Audigy 2 ZS to an X-Fi Fatal1ty and neither are recognized by the game.

I resolved my own issue by removing/reinstalling the sound/device drivers. I guess that they did not install properly on the first attempt.

No problems with the X-Fi card at this time.

Thank you very much for this. It is unfortunate to resort to lowering sound to medium or less voices, but as long as the crackle goes away...

FWIW, here are my system specs:

Components:

DFI P965-S stock 266 or OC 413, BIOS 613 beta

E6400 stock 2.13Ghz or OC 3.3Ghz

2x1GB G.Skill DDR2-800 CL4

8800GTX stock 575/900 or OC 621/1000

X-Fi XtremeGamer (Fatality wo/ box) or X-Fi Elite Pro (plugged in last pci slot)

2x74GB ADFD Raptors in 2 stripes (Matrix Arrays)

2x250GB Hitachi 7K250's in a mirror

Pioneer DVR 212DBK SATA

PC P&C 610 Silencer

Stacker 810 w/ lots of cooling

OS/Drivers:

Vista x86 w/ all critical updates

Intel Chipset 8.2.0.1014

Intel Matrix Storage 6.2.1.1002

Nvidia 158.24 WHQL, 162.22 WHQL, 163.11 Beta

Creative SBXF_PCDVT_LB_2_15_0002

Settings:

Creative EAX/CMSS 3D on or off, all 3 modes (enter, game, aud crea)

GRAW2 EAX on or off, X-Fi on=crackle

Vista disable sound enhancements, allow exclusive use, etc (can't remember name...)

A friend of mine has virtually the same system w/ the only difference being an EVGA 680i mobo. He has X-Fi/extreme w/ no issues. Anymore assistance would be great. AFAIK, this game uses OpenAL, so need need for Alchemy, correct?

*** UPDATED ***

I've finally got me X-Fi XtremeGamer, uninstalled all previous soundcard driver attempts (for audigy2 and realtek onboard as well as any ALchemy additions) then installed latest Vista64 drivers for my X-Fi, and straight away without changing anything, I started GRAW2, went to audio and it had already detected my card, and switched on Extreme level of audio with EAX etc., played the game, and blinking amazing difference in the sound straight away, got killed by a sniper, but WOW, what a way to go, the sound of the kill was ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Now I need to make time so I can get through the game LOL, I've tested GRAW and Raindow6 Vegas as well and this card worked perfectly on all with full surround. Oh and all other sound features rock on this card, a MUST HAVE.

Sys Spec : (full spec at http://www.wbcs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/about.html)

CPU : AMD64x2 4800 (939)

MB : Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe

Memory : 4GB OCZ Dual Channel DDR 3200

GFX Card : Asus X1950XTX 512 PCI-E

HD : 500GB (250x2 RAID'd)

Sound : Creative Xtreme Gamer (Retail)

All latest drivers where applicable.

Edited by wbcs-neo

I hear all sorts of good stuff now that I have never heard before. Thanks GRIN.

What level quality can you select? AFAIK, Aud2 supports 64 voice, so that'd be high. Extreme ~ 128...can you select that?

EDIT: Patch did nothing for my sound...still crap.

Edited by Jodiuh

I wish they would fix the sound. To me is seem like the sound are being held in memory. My issue for example if the ghost team says "Moving Captain" through out the map and constantly I will hear "Moving Captain". It also loops the gun fire and getting hit with rounds. Which throws me all off. :wall:

XFX 590i

Evga 8800GTX

PC6400 1gb x 2

BFG PhysX

X-Fi Fatal1ty w/ I/O Drive.

Edited by Sinster

OS? Does it happen w/ any other Advanced HD/EAX 4.0/5.0 games like BF2142/FEAR? I feel your pain bro, I couldn't do the XP install this weekend, it'll have to wait for Friday. If that doesn't help it, I've got no problems trying another motherboard just to make sure. My current board's more of a value than enthusiast. Although the P965's solid, it's an Infinity w/ 4 phase power and pretty sure it's only 4 layer board. Combined w/ my utilization of 4 drives in various RAID configs, I wouldn't be surprised if the PCI traffic just can't hang. Then again, it doesn't happen in any other game! :D

Edited by Jodiuh

Running Vista x86

GR:AW, BF2, BF2142, UT2K4, and whatever I play isn't affected. The only time I have an issue with another game is when I run BF2142 and have ventrilo running also. I get "the squeal" once in a great while and it's a split second thing.

In GR:AW2 I've tried everything except for "general hardware" because I purchase a X-Fi and my 8800GTX to be able to play with all the eye candy and ear candy :) I don't understand why GR:AW works fine and GR:AW2 doesn't.

Edited by Sinster

Crackle is gone. I'm a bad tech tho, hehe. Fresh install of Vista Ultimate x86 and new board, P5B Deluxe. I know the upper end Asus boards tend to be a bit overkill, 8phase pwr, etc and I'm fairly certain that was the solution. I'll have an Abit IP35 Pro to test this weekend and will report back.

Anyway, just wanted to say that the sound has definitely improved. There's far more going on than before, I'd go as far as to say 2x the bullet fire. It's kinda stressful now. :D

So if you're on an older nforce board (3, 4, 5) or a mid-value intel chipset, perhaps check out one of the higher end Giga, Asus options.

Cheers,

Jod

Edited by Jodiuh