228 replies to this topic

#16 NoQuarter

NoQuarter

Ghost - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:25 PM

Just bring back the recon bit backPleeeeeeease.

Roger that!

Some binoculars would help with that.
And how 'bout a manual, for Ollie.

#17 Kingkat

Kingkat

Scout - 2nd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:48 PM

GOOD POINT!!!!!!!!!! Bring the "recon" part back!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, that would be a welcome change. I am glad that another installment of this game is coming up, and soon. I really hope that the GRiN team (because I know they have listened to US), can convince the UBISOFT brass, that a more sincere return to the original is in their BEST interests for this franchise.

I agree that the "console" players enjoy a faster paced game. And for THEM, that is good. BUT the PC crowd seems to enjoy a slower, tactical element in this game. It began with that OTHER game. .. (a TAC-SIM......don't seem to remember the name.......... :hmm: ........wasn't it a Judy Garland song......Rainbows something...? :wacko: )

anyway, a real return to a thinking mans shooter would be greatly appreciated, and PURCHASED!

Good info.............can't wait....................Kingkat

#18 Dannik

Dannik

• Admin
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:58 PM

Do you have an exact link to where you found this information?

Link

#19 }PW{ Postal

}PW{ Postal

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:07 PM

Here is a link in english...

http://www.gamesaref...php?newsid=7102

#20 KRP 56

KRP 56

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:24 PM

Just bring back the recon bit Pleeeeeeease.

You mean you didn't like sneaking/crawling along and slightly peaking around a corner only to have a mexican 500 yards away spot you, yell gringo and start shooting at you? :wall: :P

#21 Bota:16

Bota:16

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • XFire:athenian

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:28 PM

UBI said XBOX360 and PS3 for now, so until they comment on it coming to PC then I would have to imagine GRIN can't say anything about whether or not they are making a PC verison.

#22 RAbbi_74

RAbbi_74

Ghost - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:59 PM

Time for y'all to start taking the 'Ghost Recon:Next' forum seriously. IF there is gonna be a next installment, then odds are better than even that whoever's doing it will look in on US to see where they can leverage whatever flexibility Ubisoft gives them to make it more generally acceptable to US (sorry, GRIN, love the game but it just hasn't been received so well YET... keep at it guys! :D )
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 NYR_32

NYR_32

• GR.net Supporter
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:12 AM

Intresting they are calling it GRAW 2, I'd guess this is really just GR 3.5. Whoever the developers turn out to be will determine wheter I purchase it on PC, or not. Judging by the past trends the expansions are based on the current tech so I'd guess RSE - 360, GRIN - PC. We'll see what happens, but this may be the first GR offering I'll skip (on PC) and just wait for 4.

bluestitch.jpg

#24 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Ghost - 1st Class

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,072 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:12 AM

I don't see GR returning to it's "recon" roots. Take a look at the R6 series and it's leaving of Clark and the rest of Rainbow out of it. The only reason Chavez is still with the team is he took over Clark's role as Six. GR will still be a hero character game that it is now from the looks of things.

#25 Lightspeed

Lightspeed

Ghost - 1st Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:39 AM

I can't see GRIN getting this gig again, in fact I can't see PC getting another instalment for a while. They'll be targeting x360 for sure.

#26 BOTA:X

BOTA:X

Scout - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:03 AM

Took them years to get GRAW together and they're going to have v. 2 out by March? Can you say same engine? That or the PC market is getting shafted yet again...
Posted Image

#27 jay316

jay316

Pointman - 1st Class

• Team [GRNET]
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:52 AM

i dont expect too see a game like gr1 come from ubi again, since some of ubi's recent titles i think there are better series being developed elsewhere, unfortunate since i really loved red storms PC work in gr1/r6 series.

#28 Nutlink

Nutlink

Ghost - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:53 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see an expansion to the PC GRAW and a full fledged sequel to the 360. Who know's though, we'll see what happens.
Posted Image

#29 pz3

pz3

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:26 AM

GRAW 2?

What about GR2? we never got that yet.

tacticalmods.jpg

#30 Papa6

Papa6

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:08 AM

Here is an article via neowin.net gaming area that covers this as well. THIS time, I'm NOT paying money for GRAW2 unless it is finished and runs better than GRAW.

I'm a smarter man this time around

@GRIN: I'll give you my copy of Ghost Recon 1. play it. see what we want. what's in GR1 is what we have harped about for the last 5 months.

I'll GIVE you my copy of GR1 so you see what the GR series is supposed to be. no HDR this time. give us Anti aliasing is what we want, no jaggies.

Edited by Papa6, 25 October 2006 - 05:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users