New info on the GRAW update [Screens also]

Patch 1.16 Is OUT!

Download HERE

[Taken from GhostRecon-UK]

New info on the GRAW update

We have two new screenshots of the GRAW PC map editor and two more of Deathmatch mode over on the Ghost Recon site. If you want to learn more about what's coming up in the forthcoming update for GRAW PC, click through for a Q&A with the producer and loads of information about the update.

Link to Screenshots

Detailed list of updates/fixes/additions.

GRAW_MP_051.jpg

GRAW_MP_041.jpg

GRAW_MP_031.jpg

GRAW_ME_031.jpg

GRAW_ME_041.jpg

Edited by SillyHalfMexican

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added a link to the actual article it self, so you can get to the updates much quicker through here. :P

My favorite addition, small but significant is:

• Amount of grenades have been tuned in multiplayer.

I hate the grenade spam in the game. It's so annoying to me.

Glad to see that they are adding some AI functionality as well, I might go through SP again and see how well it's been updated.

AA feature, cool, but on todays hardware, it would bring it to an even bigger crawl. So it's cool for future upgrades.

• A sticky leaning feature (enabled by default) has been added in the Game options.

Sounds interesting, I'm assuming that when you hold lean, it will stay there?

Should be good.

• Better impact sensation.

Some new sounds have been added for when you're hit or when hitting others. When hit, your reticule will be nudged off center. Character models have also been updated, so there's a generally larger area considered to be a "headshot". Weapons damage has also been updated, increasing the chance a single shot to the head will generate an instant kill.

Like this too, I can't ever tell if it's hitting them, or if lag is taking place. And especially when I hit them in the head, it takes a few shots. So I don't know if that's just lag or if that's the way the game just is.

Should be a pretty nice update to hold us over until we get TDM. :)

Edited by SillyHalfMexican

I guess maps will be plenty. But if we can get some 3dsmax plugins, then maybe we can design buildings with insides somehow.

Screenshots..good thing that way if we see womeone doing a bad thing, we can record it. :)

Edited by Papa6

What I'm hoping for more than just insides of buildings is that someone will figure out how to make operational doors in the editor. That's the number one functionality that I'm concerned with in the map editor. While I recognize why they didn't have them in the main game, as far as I'm concerned, they are a necessity for any custom maps that involve enterable buildings.

What I'm hoping for more than just insides of buildings is that someone will figure out how to make operational doors in the editor. That's the number one functionality that I'm concerned with in the map editor. While I recognize why they didn't have them in the main game, as far as I'm concerned, they are a necessity for any custom maps that involve enterable buildings.

You're right. but think of this, there are enterable buildings, ie, echo zone wharehouse map. so we can make buildings with internal stairs as is the case in delta zone of the same map.

Doors. can Grin give us confirmation as to whether or not there are abilities for door animations in GRAW? but wait a second, come to think of it TED, there are door animations. think of when cars and vans are hit..the doors swing open. so what if these animations can be used for building doors? :blink:

not the same animations mind you but, there are door animations. are they linear? or what? that is the $1,000 question. I think there ARE door animations in GRAW based on what I've mentioned above about the car doors. I would be interested to know the syntax or way to incorporate them into my maps.

Edited by Papa6

i'm excited about the patch. a night map is cool, but i hope there aren't too many of them. Why spend all the time on nice textures and stuff if everything is just going to be green... But it's cool once in a while.

I'm very excited about the new maps and gameplay mode and extremely excited about teh dedicated servers!

i'm not sure how aa will be integrated if before it was impossible with the lighting. but it will be interesting to see.

Holy PATCH!!!

Nice job GRIN, You covered A lot!

Modders verify with me... no zones in Domination will not crash it + take out the use of tactical points... is that pretty much the same as Team deathmatch if played with no spawns or allow the ability of?

Edited by ROCOAFZ

Thankyou..............thankyou................thankyou!!!!!!!!!! :)

These patches will make this game just play even better than it does now.

I think I saw "smoke grenades"...?....that will be awesome.

and all I really wanted was 'hot keys' for the weapons...... :g_withgrin:

now....if I could have a 6.8mm cartridge for the Modular Rifle....... :whistle:

Kingkat............... ;)

I'm thinking that being able to disable the zone in domination=Team LMS!

You missed my post on the 1st page (last one)

Holy PATCH!!!

Modders verify with me... no zones in Domination will not crash it + take out the use of tactical points... is that pretty much the same as Team deathmatch if played with no spawns or allow the ability of?

My thoughts also for the modders.

Yes!! finally official news about the patch is released!!! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that they have added the "connecting to" in the multiplayer joining bars so at least i know what is going on...other fixes and new MP map as well is great cant wait to download it!!! ahh they forgot to said how big the files is... :rofl:

and weapons kit, i just love the sound of it...

:g_withgrin:

Edited by Danish1705

This patch sounds very good indeed :grin1:

What a pity I'm completely swamped with work right now (and for the foreseeable future) :huh:

Same here...I got the game less than 2 weeks after release and I've only had a chance to play the first few missions of the campaign...I was hoping to be able to play a bunch this summer but work seems to be stealing all my time... :(

I'm not sure i wanna enthusiastically praise them for a great patch. I mean if i bought a stereo system and many features didnt work or worked badly and i had to send it back and wait months for updates till it finally worked ok i woldnt send them a messege thanking them for doing a great job. Sounds cold maybe but mostly they are just providing (late) what the purchasers of the game already paid for a while back.

No matter GRAWS good points there are still too many things that are stopping me from buying it yet. As long as i hear that it takes multiple shots to the head to kill an opponant I will stay well clear.

The patch sounds like a good start though and that there is some commitment to bringing up GRAW to be the release candidate it should have been from the start.

I've got money to spend on the game and the hardware i'm gonna need to run it, i'm willing to spend it, i'm wanting to spend it, i'm waiting to spend it . . . . just need the GRAW i've been expecting before i'll go ahead and spend it.

p.s. points to anyone who gets my movie reference.

Holy PATCH!!!

This definitely sounds like TDM to me.

As far as turning off tactical points, that sounds like we don't have to buy weapon upgrades as the game progresses, which, if that's the case, is a very close second to DM in terms of making me happy. :)