FULL GAME FEEDBACK ONLY

If you have the full paid for game.

Please post any feed back here.

FULL GAME FEED BACK ONLY

Colin

As an additional reminder, keep your feedback constructive.  If the feedback does not stay constructive, there is a good chance that it will be removed from the forums.

No one is saying you can't post negative feedback, but be aware of how you are stating your opinions.

Opening thread now, but keep this thread for Retail Game Feedback discussion only!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can tell you its ALOT easier on your pc then the demo ....even detected high settings for my 6800 agp 128 mb card. still has prone bug but runs alot smoother with little or no mouse lag depending on your vid settings.

btw buddy let me install his PURCHASed copy on my pc for testing ....till he made me uninstall an hour later =\

I think those with lower end vid cards will be happy with the difference. I just have to wonder why they made the demo so crappy on vid settings when full version is so smooth.... still jaggies though.

Can tell you its ALOT easier on your pc then the demo ....even detected high settings for my 6800 agp 128 mb card. still has prone bug but runs alot smoother with little or no mouse lag depending on your vid settings.

I think those with lower end vid cards will be happy with the difference. I just have to wonder why they made the demo so crappy on vid settings when full version is so smooth.... still jaggies though.

This sounds very promising. I'm running with a GeForce 6600GT 128MB AGP card, AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.16 GHz, and 1.50 GB of RAM. While I could certainly use the upgrade I can still run most games at acceptable resolutions with most everything jacked. Been limited to running the GRAW demo with HDR off and textures set to low to get a playable framerate. With HDR on and textures set to medium my framerate just dies. The interesting thing is, I don't see much of a difference in image quality between low, medium, and high texture settings with the demo. The best improvement with image quality comes when I jack up the AF which I can do with texture quality set to low. Here are the settings I currently use for the demo which give me silky smooth gameplay and decent image quality for what it is. From what you've said here Xeno it sounds like I can expect things to get much better with the actual retail release of the game. Thanks for the info. I look forward to giving it a go later this week and reporting back. Edited by Low Profile

I'd be interested to hear from others about this if it's an all around thing or just a fluke for you :)

That is very good news!!! :D

:rolleyes: Although I think I'm still going to do a big upgrade to be able to run GR:AW at relatively high settings...

If my buddy will let I will reinstall and get a side by side sceen of my vid settings at auto detect with both demo and full ....but he keeps thinkin I might get a copy of his mpkey. although mine will be here in a couple days hopefully. Irregardless of the settings it just runs more smooth. its very noticable ...you'll see what i mean.

Any1 with the retail version, can you increase easily the multiplayer coop limit (maybe editing some xml files)?

I will try and check that out for you, and also the performence might be a little worse in the retail but it is also alot more colorful and graphical so that might be why.

I don't think that will be possible at this point. I believe we will need the editor to change it.

Edited by Squiggy_187

I will try and check that out for you, and also the performence might be a little worse in the retail but it is also alot more colorful and graphical so that might be why.

performance is worse? in a previous post i thought you said it was smoother. which is it?

I don't think that will be possible at this point. I believe we will need the editor to change it.

mmm... if I'm not wrong, the devs said that we are able to increase the limit just by editing an xml file ... :angry::angry:

they said people would be able to mod it. I don't remember ever reading how they said you could.

mmm... if I'm not wrong, the devs said that we are able to increase the limit just by editing an xml file ... :angry::angry:

they said people would be able to mod it. I don't remember ever reading how they said you could.

ah okkey, nevermind then :P:g_withgrin:

performance is worse? in a previous post i thought you said it was smoother. which is it?

At first it seemed to be smoother until I was out in the open more. It does seem a little worse like the graphics are kinda choppy or something hard to explain. Like I said it is alot more colorful then the demo map but to me it does'nt run as smooth. I have changed the XML render file and made everything high texture, but did the same thing in the demo too, and the demo just seemed to be smoother.

Edited by Squiggy_187

At first it seemed to be smoother until I was out in the open more. It does seem a little worse like the graphics are kinda choppy or something hard to explain. Like I said it is alot more colorful then the demo map but to me it does'nt run as smooth. I have changed the XML render file and made everything high texture, but did the same thing in the demo too, and the demo just seemed to be smoother.

I would say the retail game has a few more textures than the demo and when you set them all to "high" and don´t have 2GB/512MB vram, it could explain the chobbyness. Best way to test it out is to keep an eye on the HDD light and see if its being accessed when you experience any cobbyness ingame.

Quick thoughts based on breif gameplay over my lunch hour...

I really like the way they integrated the tutorial (mission one) into the flow of the game. Well done GRIN!

My only negative comments are that the bits of trash and cans strewn on the ground are a good idea but a waste or resources... it would be more realistic to add a civilian or two into the mix and drop the trash. IMHO.

So far so good!!! I think i feel a fever coming on and may have to take the afternnon off, now if I could just figure out how to delegate all my duties to someone else I could actually make that happen.

I would say the retail game has a few more textures than the demo and when you set them all to "high" and don´t have 2GB/512MB vram, it could explain the chobbyness. Best way to test it out is to keep an eye on the HDD light and see if its being accessed when you experience any cobbyness ingame.

It's not that it's really choppy but just kinda smimmy. I don't know really how to explain it. It did the same thing to me on medium textures to. The graphics just kinda bother my eyes a little bit like they were made of fluid or something. Like I said it is hard to explain.

Quick thoughts based on breif gameplay over my lunch hour...

I really like the way they integrated the tutorial (mission one) into the flow of the game. Well done GRIN!

My only negative comments are that the bits of trash and cans strewn on the ground are a good idea but a waste or resources... it would be more realistic to add a civilian or two into the mix and drop the trash. IMHO.

So far so good!!! I think i feel a fever coming on and may have to take the afternnon off, now if I could just figure out how to delegate all my duties to someone else I could actually make that happen.

On preformance: It's great for me, I have a 9700GT at the moment but am going to a X1900XT 512 so I can run high textures. (been fooling with my video card for last several weeks... bought an X1800XT from Newegg but returned it becuase it was defective, got the 7900 instead but when the 512 meg issue was discovered I decided to dump it as well. I bit the bullet laid out the cash so should be recieving my X1900XT Thursday. Yes... i'm aware of the impending price drop but want the card now so am paying a premium.)

It's not that it's really choppy but just kinda smimmy. I don't know really how to explain it. It did the same thing to me on medium textures to. The graphics just kinda bother my eyes a little bit like they were made of fluid or something. Like I said it is hard to explain.

Thats a little strange. It is hard to analyze what you mean without seeing it first hand, but feel free to PM me your system specs (I´d say mods would appreaciate to keep this thread clean from tech support like discussions) and what settings you run the game at.

Regarding the graphics bothering your eyes, this might be (lack of) the AA issue, and/or AF related. Just PM, preferable with a screenshot (that you can take with fraps) and description what part exactly bothers your eyes.

Thats a little strange. It is hard to analyze what you mean without seeing it first hand, but feel free to PM me your system specs (I´d say mods would appreaciate to keep this thread clean from tech support like discussions) and what settings you run the game at.

Regarding the graphics bothering your eyes, this might be (lack of) the AA issue, and/or AF related. Just PM, preferable with a screenshot (that you can take with fraps) and description what part exactly bothers your eyes.

It looks great and my eyes are used to it now but I do think it might have something to do with AA maybe.

P4 3.2Ghz E HT

2 Gigs 3200 ram

6800 Ultra OC

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/Squi...87/c5bad7d0.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/Squi...87/c045149c.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/Squi...87/9a022879.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/Squi...87/04bc8b00.jpg

Edited by Squiggy_187