#16 gDADDY

gDADDY

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:30 AM

"this is not the GR series"

...respectfully, did you read the box bro, fooled me, the whole "ghost recon advance warfighter" thing....

ghost recon is dead aparently...

thanks for not flakeing SOCOM....

ghost recon is just a socom copy anyway, with worse AI.

#17 Sup

Sup

Ghost - 1st Class

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:38 AM

"this is not the GR series"

...respectfully, did you read the box bro, fooled me, the whole "ghost recon advance warfighter" thing....

ghost recon is dead aparently...

thanks for not flakeing SOCOM....

ghost recon is just a socom copy anyway, with worse AI.

View Post

I apologize for desertranger12 foolishness. Both GR2 and GRAW are Ghost Recon games, of course.

GRAW Xbox is pretty worthless, but GRAW 360, like I already said, is like GR2, just greatly improved. Look for some reviews. :thumbsup:

Stop the divisions people...band together and say what you want from GAMES, not platforms.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#18 ollie3856

ollie3856

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:34 AM

i noticed that the older GR series is more like rainbow6 , but i thought that after 2011 and summit strike why do they go back to the old format...

i hated island thunder and GR1, they sucked imo, and i loved the latter 2 versions...one expects tweeking a sequal not a complete startover...

i wont bother to buy another clancy game without renting it first, its obvious they are a bunch of unpredictable flakes....

in automotive terms:
thats like pre-ordering the new GTI and getting a damn spiffed up rabbit...

jerks!

View Post

strange you seem to think GRAW went back to the 'RB6 style' and that you preferred GR2 over [GR]...if anything, GR2 was the most similar to the rainbow six (xbox) series, [GR] was a slower paced, more tactical game. GRAW on the 360 at least is a nice throwback to the old, slower paced tactical days of [GR], cant speak much for the xbox version though, I would have waited to get the 360 vers.

I personally think it's all about how you approach the game, if you run and gun...you'll do it wherever you can, if you like a slower paced game, you'll use that style. I only really play no respawn siege and take a sniper pretty much every round :)

#19 Camaroguy579

Camaroguy579

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:56 AM

Shoulda put that 50 bucks towards a 360. I LOVE the 360 version, i havent talked to one person who doesnt like it. AMAZING
Posted Image

#20 gDADDY

gDADDY

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:39 PM

i get it now 360 version is the daddy and xbox is a steaming pile of donkey ######....

thanks guys for clearing it up for me....

[i still think they are jerks for doing this]

guess i MUST read chatter and reviews before buying ANY game....even an established series.

#21 picicata

picicata

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 03:56 PM

The thing is gDaddy is that you are feeling the frustration that many Xbox gamers felt when Ghost Recon 2 came out as it completely changed the Ghost Recon format. Many fans of the original games of the series, Operation Ghost Recon and its expension packs, felt severly let down by Ghost Recon 2 and Summit strike. So to answer your question as to whether a series has ever completely changed the answer is yes... the ghost recon series completely changed between the first and second game and it sounds like they have now gone back to the original for inspiration for GR3. I really enjoyed GR1 and GR2 and all its expansion packs as it has some of the best online play ever. I haven't bought GRAW for the Xbox as I have just bought a 360 in order that I could play it on that instead.

Personally I would never buy a game without first looking into it at least a little bit

#22 Ektor

Ektor

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

GRAW XBox uses Ubi's Yeti engine and not the RSE engine as GRAW X360 does for MP. The SP portion of GRAW X360 uses the Yeti engine also.

View Post

just a small rectification:
Yeti engine is only used for the next gen versions, not on old gen like Xbox. It's a full next gen engine (so should be used for a mono processor platform).

#23 Iron Skillet

Iron Skillet

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

WHAT DID I SAY! :lol: i knew this game was goin' to be ######. i knew it. some people on here acted like i was an ass just tryin' to rant and doom the game. look at the screenshots! they're down right awful. i havent played it, but i was going to rent it today. so far it doesnt really seem worth the trouble.

#24 OPSIXDELTA

OPSIXDELTA

Scout - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:23 PM

i get it now 360 version is the daddy and xbox is a steaming pile of donkey ######....

thanks guys for clearing it up for me....

[i still think they are jerks for doing this]

guess i MUST read chatter and reviews before buying ANY game....even an established series.

View Post

why are they jerks for doing this ? i read many many times before the xbox 1 version of graw came out that they were taking the game in a "different" direction. They openly said this. You have a right to be dissappointed but saying they are jerks for changing the game when they openly said that the xbox 1 version was going to go in a different direction isnt cool. As a matter of fact they said all versions were going to be significantly different experiences. Xbox , 360 and pc. i think you should have done more research

#25 Camaroguy579

Camaroguy579

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:23 PM

Obviously Ubi's money went into the 360 version, as well it should have. Why put so much money into a game that is a previous generation game? 360 is where its at now guys, hope you can get one soon, cuz it just keeps gettin better.......
Posted Image

#26 OkieCowboy

OkieCowboy

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:50 AM

NO desertranger is right...

GR2 and GR2SS are not a GR by any part of its game play.... But I will give GR2SS a small bit of credit for making some mission objectives in what ever order we want to complete it. Just a small bit though. Look at The Sum Of All Fears on PC, to my opinion it was pretty good also, and I consider it part of the GR series.

And as for the R6 series, I stoped buying new R6 and stayed with Raven Shield on PC cause it just went all the way down to hell and never came back with a bang. I almost stoped with GR, but GRAW PC is making me question it.

We want [GR] back in the day when it was 'A' PC game... It was a game for all of us slow tactical fans to play!!
Ive been at it with R6 and GR since I was 13 and loved until recently... :o= Two to UBI, thanks alot guys for ruining a couple good games!!

#27 pz3

pz3

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:04 AM

Shoulda put that 50 bucks towards a 360. I LOVE the 360 version, i havent talked to one person who doesnt like it. AMAZING

Amazing no... it is good thoe!

tacticalmods.jpg

#28 Nepo

Nepo

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:34 PM

How are the graphics compared to GR2SS?

View Post

From screenshots, I'd say awful. They tried for the look of the 360 verison on the Xbox, and that meant cutting corners everywhere.

Silly people.....
I personally thought the xbox version was perfectly fine.  the graphics were really good.
So what if the multiplayer games suck and u cant go third person.....its still a fun game and i like if so FU

i loved the series, and rushed out and picked up GRAW and was blown away by the COMPLETE and TOTAL game swap,

This game is rainbow 6 NOT the ghost recon series....

no more 3rd person no more prone no more gun camera no more lone wolf!!!!!

i wish i could get my $ back on principle alone!!!!

...next to silly AI sometimes the series was my favorite game of all times....

Who the hell does this to comsumers,
what other series has done this!

...its even choppy on the xbox....!!!!

LAME!

UR silly...
the xbox version is perfectly fine, the graphics are still pretty descent... so what if the multiplayer games suck and u cant go third person its still a fun game.  so FU

#29 sgt.hoot

sgt.hoot

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:57 PM

i noticed that the older GR series is more like rainbow6 , but i thought that after 2011 and summit strike why do they go back to the old format...

i hated island thunder and GR1, they sucked imo, and i loved the latter 2 versions...one expects tweeking a sequal not a complete startover...

i wont bother to buy another clancy game without renting it first, its obvious they are a bunch of unpredictable flakes....

in automotive terms:
thats like pre-ordering the new GTI and getting a damn spiffed up rabbit...

jerks!

yes and why do u say this....if u were to listen to us pc gamers ud pickup IT and GR1 for pc so many mods give bout 300 bucks in extra stuff all free!!!!!
"Let me live my life and have pie" - Lleswynn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users