A few more NEW screens

BigOlBrain

Brain, someone posted this link in the dev chat thread...

Man, those are some awesome shots.  Question... is RSE's stuff the only co-op gameplay available?  Are we going to be able to go through the normal campaign w/ friends?

I haven't really been paying attention to that stuff...

Ah, I didn't see it. I read the chat and never went back to that topic, my bad.

No, my understanding is that there are 4 co-op missions that take place after the single player...or something like that.

Edited by BIGOLBRAIN

No, my understanding is that there are 4 co-op missions that take place after the single player...or something like that.

Yeah, but those 4 missions are being done by RSE... and honestly, I'm not even remotely interested in their co-op stuff (and enemy AI).

I was hoping the SP campaign would be playable with friends. I think I remember reading something about a dev saying that SP missions don’t work well for co-op (*yawn*), so they're doing them all from scratch. I can’t remember where I read that though...

Edited by recklessmind

Yeah, but those 4 missions are being done by RSE... and honestly, I'm not even remotely interested in their co-op stuff (and enemy AI).

I was hoping the SP campaign would be playable with friends. I think I remember reading something about a dev saying that SP missions don’t work well for co-op (*yawn*), so they're doing them all from scratch. I can’t remember where I read that though...

Hmmmm.....not sure.

yeah these shots are sexy, so i know you said that sp campaign is playable in coop , but can anyone link to a place where this is said or quoted...(moderators do you know?) cause this is a pretty big thing to me, as i really only play coop, and i was hoping for sp missions to be playable in coop. but lately i have decided that is not the case anymore.

any link would be great

All single-player missions are available for 16-player online co-op.

:huh: Do you have a link to that info?

It was my understanding that SP missions could be played with 4 human players. 16 Player co-op was going to be available to other game modes like defend et al, but not co-op missions...

Am I confusing this with the PC info?

EDIT

Found the link in another thread: http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1259...-Warfighter/p1/

:lol: Things are looking VERY good!!!!

Edited by en4rcment

All single-player missions are available for 16-player online co-op.

:huh: Do you have a link to that info?

It was my understanding that SP missions could be played with 4 human players. 16 Player co-op was going to be available to other game modes like defend et al, but not co-op missions...

Am I confusing this with the PC info?

EDIT

Found the link in another thread: http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1259...-Warfighter/p1/

:lol: Things are looking VERY good!!!!

mmm, still didnt see anything confirming that you could play the sp missions in coop mode over live, and to be honest i doubt you will be able to because they have said many times lately in interviews that "sp missions dont translate well to mp missions, which i will disagree with, because me and my friends personally love playing the sp mission "govt. district" on summit strike in mp, its our favorite,..

however i dont like this quote from the teamxbox preview.

"So, you already know that the single player and multiplayer have been developed by completely different houses. Astute readers will immediately realize that this separation of development means that the each will have its own personality and not suffer from typical multi-to-single or vice-versa issues seen in other titles."

this is crap, personally i think people dont like the seperation of dev houses.

"So, you already know that the single player and multiplayer have been developed by completely different houses. Astute readers will immediately realize that this separation of development means that the each will have its own personality and not suffer from typical multi-to-single or vice-versa issues seen in other titles."

this is crap, personally i think people dont like the seperation of dev houses.

That’s called "spin". And I can’t believe these “journalists†are just freely regurgitating it with a smile. Sickening, really. Are they on Ubi’s payroll?

I’m kidding, of course. Kind of.

The spin is bad enough in politics; I don’t need it in my videogames. I can understand RSE guys saying that, but the media just eating it up parroting it to their readers is disturbing. This is not a good trend, and they should be riding their *** about it, not praising them for it.

mmm, still didnt see anything confirming that you could play the sp missions in coop mode over live, and to be honest i doubt you will be able to because they have said many times lately in interviews that "sp missions dont translate well to mp missions

:huh:

There is this quote directly from the article:

On top of the standard competitive play is cooperative co-op action which allows the full online crowd (yep - 16 player co-op) to complete single player missions. As we mentioned earlier, System Link is alive and kicking, not to mention split screen action for those gaming traditionalists.

Full online crowd ... That has to be the people connecting over the internet via XBOX Live...

eh.. nevermind

On playerone.be there are 3 videos. They look like the mode firefight or battle from the previous titles. Its the one soldier going through the maps killing alot of enemy soldiers .

-better death animations.

-more blood.

-I don't know about the enemies. They flank him once. Blow him up once. There was one time where a soldier was ten yards from him and went spray and pray. He didnot last long.

Check em out tell me what you think.

They wont play for me.  Weird.

I was playing them at school, which has a super fast connection. It still took a while though. Give it time. The link below it opens them in windows media player.

I just checked myself.... I see your delima. The link for some reason does not open in windows media player like it did while i was at school.

The videos show 3 maps...

A very clutered jungle....

Canyons ....

city/junkyardish type....

Edited by ghost627

They wont play for me.  Weird.

I was playing them at school, which has a super fast connection. It still took a while though. Give it time. The link below it opens them in windows media player.

I just checked myself.... I see your delima. The link for some reason does not open in windows media player like it did while i was at school.

The videos show 3 maps...

A very clutered jungle....

Canyons ....

city/junkyardish type....

if you can't get them to work... im open to questions.

mmm, still didnt see anything confirming that you could play the sp missions in coop mode over live, and to be honest i doubt you will be able to because they have said many times lately in interviews that "sp missions dont translate well to mp missions

:huh:

There is this quote directly from the article:

On top of the standard competitive play is cooperative co-op action which allows the full online crowd (yep - 16 player co-op) to complete single player missions. As we mentioned earlier, System Link is alive and kicking, not to mention split screen action for those gaming traditionalists.

Full online crowd ... That has to be the people connecting over the internet via XBOX Live...

true they say that in the article, but i must point out 3 things.....

1. i hope you and teamxbox are right....i truly do, cause then i will be happy

2. i do not think you are right, because teamxbox never says that they seen this in action nor do they quote any dev. who said this, and gaming sites and journalists are NOTORIOUS for being way off base sometimes.

3. all ubi has said openly about mp is that their are 10 mp maps and 4 coop maps. it seems to me if all the sp maps were playable as well then they would say we got 10 mp maps, 4 new coop maps, and all the sp maps playable over live. but they never say that, as a matter of fact ubi has only said the opposite, ....they have said that sp maps dont translate well to mp.

just my thoughts

Edited by OPSIXDELTA