New 10 Minute GRAW footage

BigOlBrain

As usual, just the console version gets viewed. getting tired of that though. I will save my thoughts when a PC demo releases. I hate the OTS view.

Well I understand why you would be unhappy about that but the only reason it was shown at all was because it was a show just for the 360.

well.. yeah for console this is looking good. tho if this is the same for pc its looking real smart, olny thing im accally worring about at the moment however is how well the AI is in knowing where you are.

in ghost recon 2 tanks seemed to know exactly where u were. if the game is going to be relastic and let us take the enermy by suprize, then I want to see them suprized not hold a gun to our heads as soon as we get anywhere near there position.

Another thing is the triangles, now by what ive seen your capcom or w/e its called again, picks up movement and displays it as a target. with your cross hair covring the target the computer must be identifying if the traget is friendly or not. now with this it seems really good, and in multiplayer it could come prity useful to idetifying tragets for your squad and helping them out. but i wouldnt want this to turn in to i can see where you are sort of thing.

but in the whole of what im seeing its looking better and in a way theres a feel of the oringinal within it. i like the destrutive terrain and the smoke from the barrel of your gun and the smoke from the senery gives it the more relistic edge.

once again the video shows that the city is nice and the game has lots of good points. it does feel heavily scripted though. The player is crammed with stuff on screen and also in game scripted scenes, info etc.

When i want to know about the developers attitude towards the gamer i look at small details and i'm afraid this game, at least on the console, is pitched at a pre-teen mentality. For example, it may be a small difference but when a stack of crates have a metal band and that gets shot they all burst into the air and shower all over the place. In reality one or two crates would just fall to the floor and the band would sag down. It's the physics equiveland of a story book that has huge colorful, simple words in order to get and keep the young readers attention.

Same goes for the smoke trails and the fact that every singe round that hits a wall or the ground has to give off a shower of sparks. Most rounds would just kick up some grit.

As i said these are small but very telling details. I undestand that games have to be loud and colorful etc. I just think that the average age of a gamer being 29, the devs could give them a little more credit.

The good news for the pc version is that on the whole the bare bones of GRAW is a great looking game so it wouldn't take much to remove the juvinile bells and whistles and make GRAW a mature game. That is, if they are willing to treat us PC GR gamers like adults.

The gamers have grown up, so should the industry.

Edited by Poita

Hmmmm.

Well I will refrane from the usual PC owner comments *cough*, did I just say diamonds and outlines? :) I was suprised that the rather clearly obvious drone flying over head wouldnt at least make the enemy AI (one or two) flank or fall back to a point, after maybe getting a look at it above them.

The Physics with boxes looks a tad weak.

I like the maps and graphics as it stll retains that gritty painted look of GR1.

Maps are good and large.

Was it me or is there some frame rate issues? Hey ho its still being worked on.

If the things that we have talked about in PC forum are dealt with and AI tweaked then Im not so negative at this stage, and yes , this is the Xbox360 footage I know.

Well I play both PC and xbox and to be honest I like GR better on xbox...so HA!

Really, other than FEAR there have not been many good FPS on pc for some time. HL2-overrated (great engine though), Doom 3-Overrated, Far Cry-good....but all and all not not much has been all that impressive. Well I take that back, I did like Call of Duty even if it wasn't a realistic type game like GR.

I love pc games but more and more I see things moving over to console. I really hate to say that too because PC has been my #1 for a long time. But look at games like Ghost Recon & Rainbow 6...when was the last time PC got new ones? I think the xbox has had what...2 of each? And then look at Bethesda and their Elder Scrolls games....they are catering to the 360 as well. FEAR is also being made for the 360 and you can bet it will look avery bit as good as the PC version if the devs take the time to do a good port. Last year the xbox got an extra Unreal game. It also got a port of Thief: DS and the pc's limitations were set the the xbox's capabilities..that sucks. I played that on PC btw.

And I really agree with what some were saying up there about making console games..."happy" if you will. Most the GR palyers on xbox are older and don't want rainbows, ray guns and light sabers in their Ghost Recon games. Why the devs don't understand that...I don't know.

Don't think I'm bashing PC or anything, I'm not in any way at all. I am however worried about the future of PC games. Look around...more and more devs are going for the $ and most the $ is with the consoles.

Anyway, to each his own I guess. :thumbsup:

Edited by Colin

Agreed Colin and Calius. It's only the paintjob that irritates me. Give GRAW xbox a re spray with a more sober hud and no diamonds, outlines, smoke trails etc and it will be a perfectly servicable sucessor to GR1 PC. Team DM in that city will be a blast.

As far as PC owners not being into consoles are concerned. I only go for a fast processor and huge ram and expensive graphics cards to play games on. All the other stuff i do on my pc could be handled by a mid to low end pc. All i'd need is a fast connection.

I'd love to be a console guy. Have a cheapo pc for the mundane stuff and a next gen console for games. Play games on the comfort of my couch on a big ayassed HD TV yeah baby sounds great, i'm serious.

but . . .

There are somethings that deter me from being a conlole owner.

1. The number one reason is the mentality of the dev when they make games for consoles. they lack subtlty. I know many pc game such as COD do also but consoles almost exclusivly do. Thats why the smoke trails and massive spark shower every time a bullet hits the ground in GRAW xbox puts me off.

2. It's just a fact ok. A thumb on a little joystick just can not compete with a mouse for controling a weapon view. The main reason is that the mouse has an axis in the wrist. We use the arm to set the general location of the mouse pointer then fine tune it with the pivoting of the wrist. It makes for very fast and accurate aiming. A thumb ona joybad disk or mini stick just cant do the job.

3. I pay for the game on the pc. I then pay for my internet connection. Why should i then pay for a service to enable me to play the game. Most xbox owners have an isp but when they buy the xbox they have to pay again to use it online. I'm not sure but i think it's a two tier system but eitehr way i dont like the lock the console companies have on the whole thing. The pc world is a free society.

Agreed Colin and Calius. It's only the paintjob that irritates me. Give GRAW xbox a re spray with a more sober hud and no diamonds, outlines, smoke trails etc and it will be a perfectly servicable sucessor to GR1 PC. Team DM in that city will be a blast.

As far as PC owners not being into consoles are concerned. I only go for a fast processor and huge ram and expensive graphics cards to play games on. All the other stuff i do on my pc could be handled by a mid to low end pc. All i'd need is a fast connection.

I'd love to be a console guy. Have a cheapo pc for the mundane stuff and a next gen console for games. Play games on the comfort of my couch on a big ayassed HD TV yeah baby sounds great, i'm serious.

but . . .

There are somethings that deter me from being a conlole owner.

1. The number one reason is the mentality of the dev when they make games for consoles. they lack subtlty. I know many pc game such as COD do also but consoles almost exclusivly do. Thats why the smoke trails and massive spark shower every time a bullet hits the ground in GRAW xbox puts me off.

2.  It's just a fact ok. A thumb on a little joystick just can not compete with a mouse for controling a weapon view. The main reason is that the mouse has an axis in the wrist. We use the arm to set the general location of the mouse pointer then fine tune it with the pivoting of the wrist. It makes for very fast and accurate aiming. A thumb ona joybad disk or mini stick just cant do the job.

3.  I pay for the game on the pc. I then pay for my internet connection. Why should i then pay for a service to enable me to play the game. Most xbox owners have an isp but when they buy the xbox they have to pay again to use it online. I'm not sure but i think it's a two tier system but eitehr way i dont like the lock the console companies have on the whole thing. The pc world is a free society.

I agree 100% with what you just posted. And you bring up another point, HD-TV. Another step the console market has made to come ever closer to the PC. I have a 42" HDTV that I can't wait to use in 1080i...even if 42" isn't all that big, it's more than twice the size of my monitor.

And yeah I agree with what you said about the devs mentality towards consoles. It's like they try to create a Hollywood blockbuster with every game they make.

About the mouse....I agree. I wish MS would come up with a mouse type thing for the 360. I really like the controller myself but a mouse would be sooo nice.

I personally don't have that big of an issue with pay to play thing. Hell I have been paying to play World of Warcraft for the last 9 months. But I can see why some people would.

Why this constant differentiation of game for pc and 360? Dev should make the game same for both systems; no elitism is needed.

No thanks. Why would you not want to use the extra capabilities a PC has and add more content so a developer could entice a gamer who owns both systems to buy both versions? :unsure:

Why this constant differentiation of game for pc and 360? Dev should make the game same for both systems; no elitism is needed.

No thanks. Why would you not want to use the extra capabilities a PC has and add more content so a developer could entice a gamer who owns both systems to buy both versions? :unsure:

More content? Like what? I don't understand what extra capabilities the pc has over the 360 other than mouse support.

this is a thread for comments. I'm a PC'er fine and dandy...but my question is..why up to this point, has UBI NOT shown us a updated video of GRAW for the PC? The console and PC versions are closely tied together in terms of game content.

As for my being a PC'er, I am 37, an older gamer by gaming standards. I'm used to PC gaming and not impressed with consoles. Consoles (hence XBOX360) are becoming PC's in a way of development evolution. Just know there are alot of hardcore PC fans who feel they've been "buggered" or being as such by UBI's lack of updated news or anything for that matter. We Pc'ers see only console videos and nothing for the PC...that's why we're hot under the collar.

as for the video; I liked the maps. but was unhappy with the triangle on the enemy behind the crates. That is an obvious kiddie- helper cheat and sure hope that doesn't come in the Pc version or alot of us Pc'ers will leave UBI's franchise

as for the video; I liked the maps. but was unhappy with the triangle on the enemy behind the crates. That is an obvious kiddie- helper cheat and sure hope that doesn't come in the Pc version or alot of us Pc'ers will leave UBI's franchise

Well I hope it can be turned off. Anyway, I don't care so much about the single player...well I take that back, I do but not as much as the multiplayer. If I see those stupid things in the multiplayer I'm going to freak out.

Sorry, no extra power for PC (well except bigger hard drive); 360 has 3core powerpc cpu and unified shader ATI gpu, so it can match any high-end pc. And no, pc owners will not buy arcade console game, no way, they will laugh at it.

edit: I do care for single player on 360, I don`t have xlive!

Edited by Lysander

As usual, just the console version gets viewed. getting tired of that though. I will save my thoughts when a PC demo releases. I hate the OTS view.

This post is Console Vid what did you expect to see a PC Vid.

OTS is Togable.

You have options in the game 100`s.

The game is being made for you and the guy that loves OTS.

--> HONESTLy<----

That look's  reeelly crapy  :rofl:  I dont buy it, better get those guys to work BUD , and if u read this u know who are they  0:)  U guys got like "6" more months to fix this Shame  :whistle:    reticles , etc ,etc , ....etc.

but nice  design in da 360 .  P.C. ? --> :oops:  :offtopic:

If you are going to slag somthing off please be more specific.

I am sure any Dev reading your stament would go and change the game straight away.

If you expect to be taken seriously by Dev Teams you need to be more costructive with your criticism.

Colin

this is a thread for comments. I'm a PC'er fine and dandy...but my question is..why up to this point, has UBI NOT shown us a updated video of GRAW for the PC? The console and PC versions are closely tied together in terms of game content.

This question has been answered in other threads.

Please stay on topic. This forum is Console not PC.

The two games are very different.

Ok, someone please tell me that the video was for xbox and not the 360. If so it still looks terrible. One major improvement in SS was the graphics are much nicer than [GR]. These graphics look like [GR].

This reminds me a bit of Lockdown, and that's not a compliment. In SS I can site up and hit my target with a three round burst from the suppressed SCAR at 100 meters and drop my target. This guy was unloading half a clip into the target and not getting results. Too much like LD.

I know that the devs don't want to hear this but.......Every game has a buzz factor or a must have factor. I'm not here to put down someone else's work, but this game just doesn't have the "I have to get this game!" feel. In fact, just as a game and not part of the GR, I'd say that it's just ok. I know that you guys want tangible things to change, but the whole thing was just too arcadey for me. The flying boxes, the lack of accurate shooting, the whole look and feel to this game is something that just doesn't turn me on. Summit strike had the look and feel of a tactical shooter. It wasn't perfect, but it was more in line with what I like in games. This just goes the other way. I can't be any more honest than that.