RSE Letter to the Community

46 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,663 posts
  • XFire:rocky00grnet

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:08 PM

Today I received a very cool letter from Red Storm Entertainment. It is my understanding that each of the dedicated Ghost Recon fans sites have recieved the package.

It's a thank you to the community and Ghost Recon fans for their support and feedback over the years. Five of the Lead Designers on Summit Strike included their own personal thanks to the fans, it makes very good reading.

This is a really cool gesture from the makers of Ghost Recon. I can't think of any other community that has recieved personal thanks from the development team of a major title in this manner.

I mentioned above that it was a "package", because also included was a huge Summit Strike poster dedicated to GhostRecon.net and signed by the whole development team!

The letter and a photograph of the poster are below, enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
GhostRecon.net | Rainbow Six | PSP Guides | Support GR.net | My Blog | My Game Videos
Posted Image

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein

"Framerate is just a number" WatchDogs Creative Director

#2 CrowmanUK

CrowmanUK

Pointman - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:12 PM

Thats a really nice gesture mate, get it framed and give it pride of place on the wall, its great to see they all come down here and appreciate the good and bad things said about the games and that they take on board the comments too. :D

#3 the.ronin

the.ronin

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:24 PM

thats pretty tight.

i wonder if that heather chandler chick is cute?

#4 Dannik

Dannik

• Admin
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:39 PM

i wonder if that heather chandler chick is cute?

View Post

Posted Image

Be careful though. Her husband (another RSE staffer) is a member here. :ph34r:

#5 4ceReconSniper

4ceReconSniper

Scout - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:25 PM

Its also cool that developers have the time and effort to send GR.net their thanks. Other game companies doesnt do that when the game sells well they just sell. I hope they wont change.

#6 Poita

Poita

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 11:57 PM

That's a very nice letter anda great poster and all. I'm sure it's a very gratifying experience for the operatators of GR.net too but . . . .
seeing as the huge majority of the browsers of Gr.net are the pc fans the whole gesture feels like a very strange none sequeter.
I know the RSE people seem pretty cool and my guess is that they really are and that they had no say in the desicion to ignore the pc crowd when it came to GR2 but it just seems very odd to me after waiting years and panting over every tiny bit of news of PC GR2, then being told we aint getting it, to get the team saying "thank's for your interest and input, here's a big poster of the game you never got to experience."
If anything i'd rather not be reminded as I and i'm sure many many PC GR fans still feel terribly bitter about the whole GR2 thing. I'm still gonna buy GR3 though, cause i'm not the type to cut my nose off to spite my face.
I just don't wanna have the GR2 thing waved around.

#7 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,663 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 12:23 AM

It is clear in the letter that they are referring to the community and the whole series of games, not just the one that's on the poster. :thumbsup:

Posted Image
GhostRecon.net | Rainbow Six | PSP Guides | Support GR.net | My Blog | My Game Videos
Posted Image

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein

#8 JTF-2

JTF-2

Pointman - 1st Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 12:43 AM

Thank You Redstrom, but really, thanks to all the devs who put all their hard work into a game. You try to make is as best you can with the limitations you have. You can't please everybody and many of us here understand that, so thank you. That was a very thoughtful gesture and is much appreciated.
Posted Image
---
GRiN: putting the "recon" back in Ghost Recon

#9 Poita

Poita

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 12:44 AM

I guess so,
i don't mean to act like a bitter old spurned lover or anything. sniff sniff it just still hurts soooo baddddddd :(

Ah well, WK's report has cheered me up some.

#10 Serellan

Serellan

Fan Turned Professional

• Other Developers
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 02:41 AM

I guess so,
i don't mean to act like a bitter old spurned lover or anything. sniff sniff it just still hurts soooo baddddddd  :(

Ah well, WK's report has cheered me up some.

View Post

I didn't get a chance to contribute to the letter, but I would like to say personally that we appreciate the feedback from the community. People from the fansites and forums, including GR.net, GR Retreat, the Official forums, GRtwo.com, and the Xbox forums, among others, provide a lot of information that we take into account when we work on the franchise that we all love. I was a fan before I started working on games, my first one being GR:IT Xbox, and I still am. Special thanks to the people that spend the time running the sites and forums that give the fans a place to voice their opinions.
Christian "Serellan" Allen

www.serellan.com

Posted Image

#11 Dan

Dan

Ghost - 1st Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 03:35 AM

that RSE, they're so evil.
Balls Johnson
Posted Image

#12 Chief

Chief

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 03:41 AM

Thats a nice gesture on the part of RSE.I am a huge GR fan and i'll continue to support GR.

#13 Cobblers

Cobblers

Ghost - 2nd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 1,924 posts
  • XFire:Cobblers

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:59 AM

Wow!! :o

Well that's a testiment to all the good work that Rocky & co at gr.net have done over the past few years. Certainly without this web site I would never have got into GR1 in the way I did, as the news, downloads and support on this forum have been invaluable to me over the years and the way that this web site is run is second to none imo.

Like I've said before, whenever I play a different game, like CS:S or Doom3, I always think "now where's that games gr.net web site?", I'll add that I never do find one!!

I know Rocky wouldn't do this, but someone sold a decent enough HL2 fan web site + forum for around £100 a little while back, so can you imagine what GR.net would go for?
Posted Image

#14 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,663 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:08 AM

I know Rocky wouldn't do this, but someone sold a decent enough HL2 fan web site + forum for around £100 a little while back, so can you imagine what GR.net would go for?

View Post

Nah. I did get offered for the site once, but it's not about cash, as I explain in my upcoming interview heh.

Thanks for the comments Serellan. :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Deosl

Deosl

Scout - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:30 AM

Wow! Another reason to love RSE even more ! Although I'm more of a Rainbow Six fan but I'm really looking forward to GRAW!

Edited by Deosl, 10 September 2005 - 09:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users