Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Photo

Do you still hold faith in GR2PC?

34 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think GR2-PC will actually come out. (94 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think GR2-PC will actually come out.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Sup

Sup

Ghost - 1st Class

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:24 AM

There's been a lot of talk about this around, so I thought I'd just go ahead and use my supporter power to create a poll for the first time.
What do you think, anyway?

Stop the divisions people...band together and say what you want from GAMES, not platforms.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 GRT

GRT

Ghost - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:36 AM

Yes & Dont know- Yes i think its coming out. Dont know that it will be worth while for the fact i have no clue what it will have.
Posted Image
=Advanced Combat Unit= l =ACU=GRT_Echoes
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 NYR_32

NYR_32

• GR.net Supporter
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:39 AM

I have a strong feeling there will be a GR product coming out this year for the PC. ATM what it will be (GR2 or soemthing else) I don't know, but just like I was eagerly waiting a PC sequel a year ago I'm still just as eager now. :)

bluestitch.jpg

#4 Suli

Suli

Scout - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:04 AM

yup, i had lost any faith until i saw what they did with xbox. many of us crit the xbox version. but i say look closer at it, real close. you can just "feel" where it can truly go with Red Storm behind it. unless there was some massive issues, i think all will be well. what ever name GR2 is given.

p.s. and i mean close, just listen to the engine click away, note those all important little things, and keep in you mind that most of our sound card our power the xbox ( obvious exaduration about the sound card thing ).
Posted Image
www.gamestudents.com

#5 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,718 posts
  • XFire:rocky00grnet

Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:05 AM

Sup I edited the "and be a worthwhile tactical-shooter?" part out of your Poll Question as it was two questions for one poll, if you want it back in let me know but I think it is clearer this way.

Posted Image
GhostRecon.net | Rainbow Six | PSP Guides | Support GR.net | My Blog | My Game Videos
Posted Image

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein

"Framerate is just a number" WatchDogs Creative Director

#6 el nino foxhound

el nino foxhound

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 10:53 AM

Voted no.

As I said earlier after the news about the UBI 2005/2006 releases came out I think they will not release the GR2 on which they were working (if we may believe them :D, do we still believe UBI?)
I think the PC version was so bad they decided to drop it since it would only cause the PC community to freak out. Leaving GR maybe forever.
Now if they make a PC version all over and call it GR 3 and put in the things this community wants GR 3 will be a succes.
What would you do if you were a company? Release a 2 version close to the console versions knowing it would knock down the PC users? Or decide to silently drop it, start working on a PC version (completely new) make it how many would want it and only after making it for PC making it a port.

Dont ask/tell me a company will never stop developing something like this cause of the money involved. They already made the money with the console versions. So dropping the PC version will make sure those peeps will stay for GR 3 (so getting their money in the end :D) and they can stop putting money in a game which is doomed to fail since it is completely off the PC gamers wishes.

This is all just my thought, it has absolutely no founding other than combining all info we have seen about GR 2 (PC???? and console), only I think I am correct about this. So, I really dont feel the need to defend my opinion if some people tell me my facts are not correct.

:thumbsup:

Ghostaholic

Armed Assault
Posted Image

#7 Stalker_Zero

Stalker_Zero

Ghost - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 11:17 AM

I agree with el nino foxhound..........

however..

It would be nice and very honorable of ubi or rse or whatever they are now. It would be very nice and honorable if they were to FESS UPPPPP about the situation. And to say "look we have decided to start work on an entirely new sequel which will debute on the pc. The work will be entirely new such that we have decided to call it GR3."

At this point in time they have absolutely no reason not to mention SOMETHING about whats going on. They don't have to show us details of a finished or unfinished product. JUST LET US KNOW ABOUT YOUR DAMN INTENTIONS ALREADY!!
We have lives that we would like to get back to. Having this thing about gr2 pc in the back of our minds is annoying and taxing. It would be nice if we can focus more of our leisure time towards other games in the meantime or plan mod developments accordingly. But we can't.

Cause we're still holding onto hope here. State your intentions toward the pc ubi/rse. We will either be happy or throw tantrums but at least after some time has passed be able to move on.

What do ya think? I am not being unreasonable here. <_<

Edited by Stalker_Zero, 26 March 2005 - 04:54 AM.

l Trouble Maker Invading GR.net l
Posted Image BRING BACK THE CLASSIC!!

#8 KRP 56

KRP 56

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 12:46 PM

As much as I think the XBOX missions on GR2 were lame and linear I still think even a port of that game would make money in the PC market as it still has the MP aspect and the other SP game types. I'm not holding my breath for GR2 PC as UBI/RSE has pretty much screwed over the PC crowd with their stupid secret PR about GR2. If it's over for GR2 they should let the community know so we can move on. No need to have $50 waiting for GR2 if it's not going to happen. :nono:

#9 Sart

Sart

Master Admin

• GR.net Supporter
  • 2,069 posts
  • XFire:sartillies

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:53 PM

Yes for me.
"Take off every "Zig"! For great justice!"
HEY YOU. Do you like ACTION? Do you like EXTREME AWESOMENESS? Check out - TRUE TALES FROM ARMA!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TrueTalesARMA?feature=CAwQwRs%3D
Posted Image

#10 Stalker

Stalker

Wednesday 13

• GR.net Supporter
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:40 PM

Yes for me too...
Posted Image

#11 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Ghost - 1st Class

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,072 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:00 PM

I actually voted don't know. I want to say that yes, a GR2 for PC is coming out, but lack of any sort of word does make it look like nothing is coming.

#12 firefly2442

firefly2442

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts
  • XFire:firefly2442

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:13 PM

I hold faith that they will release something, whether or not it's any good still remains to be seen. With other tactical shooters coming out, I'm not too worried. If one company doesn't get it done, another will.

#13 Cutter

Cutter

Pointman - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 674 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:29 PM

Voted yes. I think we will all be deliberating until May 18 when E3 starts. I am not counting on anything official from UBI or RSE till then. So here is to 54 more days of waiting :cheers:

:tumbleweed:
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.

Demand Global Warming Leadership Now!

#14 babydave

babydave

Scout - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 04:53 PM

I think yes, although they didnt annouce it on their release schedule they did announce it last time already, and a ubi rep has already clarified this, so as gr.net have "seen" it in developement (and where is that report?!) and the fact that RSE devs have said its in development i think it will come out, but i do have my doubts because of the fact they will not give us any info at all which is even weirder as their release schedule has the game down for being out within 3 or 4 months :nono:
Babydave
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 [WOLF]Lizard

[WOLF]Lizard

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:58 PM

GR2 no ...
GR Something else ... Yes ...
"Let's get all liquered up and shoot at anything that moves" Weird Al Yankovic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users