200 replies to this topic

#1 Parabellum

Parabellum

I am not a cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:43 AM

As you may have read on my website, I've decided to finish DYNACOMP. After giving it a lot of thought, and after having the opportunity to get away from Ghost Recon, I've come to the conclusion that I need to finish the mod. I will scale the mod way back to how I first envisioned it - a simple mod focused on missions and immersion, rather than graphic content. I don't plan on using the dynamic system that we came up with - it involves too much production. I do plan on giving the community the great missions our guys came up with, as well as giving you the best weapons and characters I've ever done, as well as weapons from some of the other guys.

I don't promise the world, I only promise that you'll get to see a bit of what we saw, and you'll get to play some of what I believe are the best missions ever done.
"America is becoming more juvenile as a nation. The guys who won World War II and that whole generation have disappeared, and now we have a bunch of teenage twits."
-- Clint Eastwood

#2 TheBlakeness (HotPants)

TheBlakeness (HotPants)

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:03 AM

Coolies!!
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin

Airplanes suffer from so many technical faults that it is only a matter of time before any reasonable man realizes that they are useless! -- Scientific American (1910)

#3 San

San

Ghost - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:08 AM

I knew that you're not a quitter (sp? -> someone that doesn't quit easily!).

If there's no dynamic campaign maybe change the name DYNACOMP too, cause when I hear the name I always think of the dynamic campaign.

After this you'll be leaving GR for real, or are you waiting for GR2 ?

GL again :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." - Cicero

#4 Parabellum

Parabellum

I am not a cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:15 AM

I knew that you're not a quitter (sp? -> someone that doesn't quit easily!).

If there's no dynamic campaign maybe change the name DYNACOMP too, cause when I hear the name I always think of the dynamic campaign.

After this you'll be leaving GR for real, or are you waiting for GR2 ?

GL again  :)

View Post

I have no intentions of formally returning to the GR community - the game doesn't interest me anymore. I intend solely to honor the work of the team and finish the mod. Concerning GR2, I think I've been pretty clear on how I feel about that. RSE would just about have to send me a free copy of the game or something like that. Otherwise, I'm really not interested. I don't want a console port.
"America is becoming more juvenile as a nation. The guys who won World War II and that whole generation have disappeared, and now we have a bunch of teenage twits."
-- Clint Eastwood

#5 GRT

GRT

Ghost - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:48 PM

Good to hear bout mod PARA. You should wait for the demo of GR2, i mean they have 4 months to change some stuff...at least i hope so. But whatever way you choose i hope to see you around some time after GR2 pc release. :)
Posted Image
=Advanced Combat Unit= l =ACU=GRT_Echoes
Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Rocky

Rocky

• Admin
  • 22,715 posts
  • XFire:rocky00grnet

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:58 PM

That's great news Para, awesome thanks.

And without changing the direction of the thread - I just wanted to reply to your comment anout GR2; by all accounts thus far, GR2 PC will not be an XBox "port".

Posted Image
GhostRecon.net | Rainbow Six | PSP Guides | Support GR.net | My Blog | My Game Videos
Posted Image

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein

"Framerate is just a number" WatchDogs Creative Director

#7 Suicide Commando

Suicide Commando

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 12:07 AM

Outstanding, thank you so much Para. We all appreciate your decision.
Qui desiderat pacem præparet bellum. -Flavius Vegetius Renatus-

#8 KRP 56

KRP 56

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 12:22 AM

More great missions. Thats enough for me. :thumbsup:

#9 Crimson

Crimson

Ghost - 2nd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 02:18 AM

Great news. :D

I forgot, is DS and IT required to use DYNACOMP?

#10 WP33

WP33

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 05:30 AM

Thanks, Para. We all knew you couldn't walk away from this project...
Posted Image

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.

- George Orwell

#11 Abyss

Abyss

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 05:34 AM

As you may have read on my website, I've decided to finish DYNACOMP.  After giving it a lot of thought, and after having the opportunity to get away from Ghost Recon, I've come to the conclusion that I need to finish the mod.  I will scale the mod way back to how I first envisioned it - a simple mod focused on missions and immersion, rather than graphic content.  I don't plan on using the dynamic system that we came up with - it involves too much production.  I do plan on giving the community the great missions our guys came up with, as well as giving you the best weapons and characters I've ever done, as well as weapons from some of the other guys.

I don't promise the world, I only promise that you'll get to see a bit of what we saw, and you'll get to play some of what I believe are the best missions ever done.

View Post

This is what being a great modder is all about. Knowing you have something amazing, and wanting to make sure it gets out one way or another.

Props to you, Para.

#12 Parabellum

Parabellum

I am not a cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 06:07 AM

View Post

DS and IT will be required to use the mod. You will also need a hefty PC. Some of my weapon models are over 4k polys, and I have no intentions of making less-detailed models. I will, perhaps, include a low-poly installation for folks with weaker PCs, but the mod itself will be high-poly.
-- Clint Eastwood

#13 Suicide Commando

Suicide Commando

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 06:28 AM

Can you give a rough eta Para?
Qui desiderat pacem præparet bellum. -Flavius Vegetius Renatus-

#14 Parabellum

Parabellum

I am not a cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 06:34 AM

Can you give a rough eta Para?

View Post

No, I can't give an ETA. When it's done is all I can say.
-- Clint Eastwood

#15 Crimson

Crimson

Ghost - 2nd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 06:44 AM

View Post

DS and IT will be required to use the mod.

View Post

This is a sad day for me then. I lost those CDs. I was keeping the installation on my computer just so I could download and play the DYNACOMP mod. I recently purchased a new hard drive and, once you said DYNACOMP was scratched, basically, I formatted my old hard drive with DS and IT installed. Looks like my GR days are numbered for good. :(

Shame too, I wondered how my 6800GT would take such a detailed mod.

Edited by Crimson, 20 November 2004 - 06:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users