US Army ACU

WP33

I did a skin last night with the new Army camo. I can do up a character to show, (assuming I can get the forum to take a screenshot I make) if anyone is interested in seeing it, and want to give me some feedback. I have plans of doing boonie versions and no-headgear versions, and already have reskinned one of the orginal Russian enemies in it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took D-Z's advice and started another skin with the wrinkles a little more subdued. It's going to be the regular rifleman in the ACU. I'm at about 99% with it, just need to clean up some areas on the vest (yes I reskinned the vest too :D). Lookin' real good in-game. I may have a pic for you guys soon if I can get it to go. (BTW, why are all my pic attachments telling me they're too big to post? I'm keeping them at 30KB or so).

i like that head. has something of a gangsta-style.

Actually, this model was not my first idea of what I wanted to apply this camo to. I did reskin this model in normal woodland camo for use in a SEAL mod I'm toying with right now, and I can tell you, it looks tight in woodland :thumbsup: . I'll start another thread soon with details on my SEAL mod, but I have to talk to some guys first about the possible use of some of their models.

Edited by WP33

Well, I had suspended any work on it until I had gotten some critiques. Didn't really want to waste too much time on it unless there was some interest in it. Sure, I could do it for myself, but I really think the impressions of one's peers is important.

Hey, by the way, does any one have access to something similar to the wrinkle tool Mike Schell did for the clothing, with the web-gear and/or helmets, gloves, etc.? Re-texturing a vest can be a ######.

Edited by WP33

Might be the lighting, or the source pic I used for the camo might be badly lit, but doesn't that look like a lot more tan in the pic you linked to, Goth? I'm also noticing the model in that picture has a woodland camo vest. Isn't that kind of defeating the point of developing new camo? :rofl: