22 replies to this topic

#16 quiet777riot

quiet777riot

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:38 PM

I would like to add that there is some WONDERFUL software I found that will work with ANY gamepad. You can program the sticks on your gamepad to work as the mouse, because sometimes in games your sticks move too fast, and it is ahrd to hit targets, or they dont work at all.

The software is called xpadder, and it's a little tricky to start with, but you'll get the hang of it with the help topics.

Here's a link:

http://www.softpedia...s/Xpadder.shtml

Hope this helps out someone.

#17 doubletap

doubletap

Scout - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

I have used pinnacle game profiler for a few years, it has worked perfectly with all my FPS.
Posted Image
core2 E8500 / 8800GTS (G92)512mb / 4gb DDR2 800 / OCZ 600W

#18 remix79

remix79

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • XFire:remix972

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

As other people have found, it can be done. Here, after much trial and error, is my gamepad setup.

I have managed to cram all the main functions needed to play [GR] effectively onto one gamepad. See the linked jped for gamepad assignments. The jpeg uses Playstation controller notation (L1, LSB for left stick button, etc) when needed. I use the Logitech Dual Action gamepad. A few comments...

These profiles are a bit Frankenstein, but after much use they have become comfortable. The main concept is that multiple gamepad assignments are accessible from the MAIN profile (ghost_recon.cfg). When you press L1 from MAIN, it activates the TEMP profile (ie, gamepad button mapping), but only as long as you are holding L1. When (from MAIN) you press the MAP profile button ("Select" button on PS controllers), it will load the MAP profile. To return to MAIN, you press the MAIN button ("Select" again).

It was hard to get used to pressing the Down direction pad to stand up, but I couldn't find an assignment that did not conflict with existing control schemes. The team action commands are the same in both the TEMP and MAP profiles. I tried keeping key assignments the same across the profiles to avoid confusion.

The TEMP profile combines slower mouse look movement (to allow for finer control and aiming) and team commands. In addition, in TEMP the left and right directions on the left stick are assigned to peeking left and right.

Any suggestions to improving this are welcome. Feel free to use it as a basic template for your custom profile.

Long live the King; Ghost Recon 1!

remix79

(Yes, it looks like a 7 year old drew it...)

Posted Image

Edited by remix79, 28 August 2010 - 01:08 AM.

Posted Image

#19 RileyFletcher_01

RileyFletcher_01

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

You're very artistic, remix79. :D

#20 remix79

remix79

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • XFire:remix972

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

haha I agree, riley; it's definitely "artistic".
Posted Image

#21 5timechamp

5timechamp

Scout - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

what would be a good controller that approximates the xbox 360 controller?? i would use that but wired controllers are hard to come by these days..
Posted Image

#22 oilrig6

oilrig6

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hi I have just bought the game today with a Spartan PC game controller (Looks the same as any other) it has installed ok and calibrated fine but i am unable to find where on the game options to use it can you help me please i am hopeless using keys only I have a HP Pavilion laptop all graphic update etc.

Thanks Kirk

I have been sorting through old posts here and I see that some people have posted that there is no way to use a gamepad on GR.

not true.

I play GR everyday with a Logitech Wingman Rumblepad. Now I have to admit that it doesn't rumble but other than that it is the same as playing it on the PS2.

The wingman is a PS2 style controller. It has programmable buttons.

It has these buttons and here is how I have them set up....
(you can set them up ANY WAY YOU WANT)
L1= run
R1= Fire weapon
A switches me to alpha company
B dittio but to Bravo
C Ditto but to Charlie
x button page down to cycle soldiers
y button nigh vision
z button Action (spacebar)

There is a D-pad which I have set up as
Right d pad reloads weapon
Left D pad changes weapon
Up d pad stands up
Down d pad crouches

there are two 'sticks' like on the ps2
Left stick I programmed with the keypresses to make men move
Right stick I mapped to the mouse x and y axis for looking around

there is a throttle slider on the controller
i programmed the slider to zoom

The shift button brings up the map.

To program this controller is easy after just a few minutes
The gamepad software converts pad movements into keystrokes that GR will react to.

It works VERY WELL

So if you want to play GR with a gamepad it can be done.

I also read that Microsoft had a programmable controller but I have yet to see it in action

I will answer any questions. (of course)

#23 Tinker

Tinker

• Staff
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

Ghost Recon\Data\Save\game

defplayr

You can edit this file I think, but check it as readable only after.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users