Reviewer : [JTF-3]Iceman
Reviewers Email : matthew.friesen@sympatico.ca
Download
Further Discussion : Weapon Forum
Version 3 Discussion
File Size : 10 MB
Required : Ghost Recon, Desert Siege, Island Thunder

Introduction

As with the steady flow of weapon mods being created someone always seems to make something just a little bit better. Thumper has pulled it off with his excellent 7.62 MM Mod.

Content

Sporting over 25 7.62 MM rifle variants and some secondary weapon modifications this mod is packed with perfect weaponry. There are different rifles for the rifleman, support expert and sniper. The rifleman has the most amount of modifications including a suppressor for almost every different rifle. The sniper has excellent weaponry as well including the FN SPRa5-SD with a silenced MP5 for backup, which is my personal favourite. Hours can go by well testing out all of the weaponry that is included in this mod. 10/10

Sounds

Many new sounds come calling with this new mod. The silenced weapons sound extremely cool and are very precise. The sniper rifles make almost no noise and are very fun for shooting your friends from long distances without making a peep. I have heard many of these guns fired before and the sounds come very close to sounding like the real thing. 10/10

Camos

Alas there are no environment camos for the weapons which is a disappointment. The camo already on the guns looks pretty good. The textures look like they were worked on very hard by Thumper. 9/10

Conclusion

This is a very good weapons mod. It could have used some more work in the camo department but overall a very good mod and a must have on anyones mod list. I would like to congratulate Thumper and his colleagues on a job well done. 10/10

Edited by Rocky, 04 June 2010 - 09:39 PM.

Posted Image
GhostRecon.net | Rainbow Six | PSP Guides | Support GR.net | My Blog | My Game Videos
Posted Image

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein

"Framerate is just a number" WatchDogs Creative Director

#2 swifty

swifty

Scout - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 10:59 AM

wouldn't that average out ot a 9/10? :blink:

I think he should get extra credit in the camo department for all the beautiful realistic skins that went into the m14 dmr's and others.. no basic gun metal grey here, real true blue replicas of the real world, including wooden stocks and such. this mod is easily the "standard upgrade" of the 7.62 NATO caliber.

I give it a straight up 10.

#3 Thumper1518

Thumper1518

Scout - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 12:30 PM

:o -me when I saw my mod got reviewed.

Thanks Iceman for the kind words and review. Believe me, if I knew how to alter weapons skins based on the environment tag, I would. None of the methods I tried before have worked, and I did not want to overwhelm with three different textures for each weapon, resulting in a mod 3 times the size. 7.62mm is not dead, there are more things coming down the road.

FYI: the total installed size (after extraction) is around 30 Mb, depending on file system (FAT32 or NTFS)
Creator of the 7.62mm Mod

#4 NiteStalka

NiteStalka

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 07:29 AM

when i d/l your add-on to 7.62 and install it, is it supposed to do something???
Somethings are worth striving for in the beginning, but in the end you either get bored of it or break it.

#5 Thumper1518

Thumper1518

Scout - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 01:02 AM

Sorry, I missed this last post until today while reading the Free Libya string.

As long as the 7.62mm Mod was installed and still there, the v1.5 add-on should have updated several files. When you run GR again with the 7.62mm Mod active, you should see several new weapons, like the XM25, the Troy SOPMOD, and a few others. You will not see a change in any of your screens, since I did not do splash screens or the like to save on D/L size.

#6 NiteStalka

NiteStalka

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:49 AM

I see everything except the Troy SOPMOD.
Somethings are worth striving for in the beginning, but in the end you either get bored of it or break it.

#7 rjcruzejr

rjcruzejr

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:35 PM

Great mod! In fact it was this mod (and the extra firepower within) that gave me the extra edge I needed to complete the original GR campaign; I'm 34 dammit and I need all the edge I can get :lol:! Also, it's been serving wonderfully on my DS campaign -- the XM25 Hathcock is worth its weight in gold on those wide open maps. For night missions, the SR-47 SD and the M14 SOPMOD were my hands down favorites.

Needless to say, when I finally beat DS and start IT, these bad boys are coming to Cuba with me!

Thank you Thumper1518 and keep up the great work!

#8 Streinger

Streinger

Pointman - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 08:20 AM

This is one of the cases when a good review has made me d/l the mod. If you are looking for a hi-quality wep mod, small in size, this mod is your choice.
I guess it must be tramendous fun in MP (haven't had the pleasure yet)..so far I'm having fun with it playing SP missions. Interesting new reticules, great new sounds :thumbsup: and excelent models :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Streinger, 02 September 2004 - 07:24 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Yorkshire Sniper

Yorkshire Sniper

Scout - 2nd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:41 AM

Gotta say this is my favourite weapon mod by far.. the M-14 variants are my favourive weapons in the whole world (ive been fortunate enough to fire a M-14 ahd there is nowt like it it the world) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Imrpovise!! Adapt!! Overcome!!

Lead! Follow! Or get The Hell Out Of The way!!

Yorkshire Sniper... AKA Dreamstar-Zulu

Asus Maximus Extreme- Intel Core2Quad Q6600 - 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 Ram- Zotac Geforce GTX260 AMP - X-Fi Audio soundcard
Coolermaster CM690 Case - 140 + 360 GB Hdds- Coolermaster M700 Power Supply - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit

#10 Thumper1518

Thumper1518

Scout - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:09 AM

Thanks, guys for your kind words. I am working on a Version 2.0 that will add more weapons and tweak some of the older ones. The info is contained in this string. I hope my 2.0 lives up to the above review.

#11 Suicide Commando

Suicide Commando

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:28 AM

I have no doubt that it will surpass the quality in 1.0. Mmmm, I can see the Camo M1 RAS and un-sd M14 SOPMOD now...... :drool:
Qui desiderat pacem præparet bellum. -Flavius Vegetius Renatus-

#12 Unseen_Warrior

Unseen_Warrior

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 06:03 AM

on my computer it wont install
You can run, and you can hide, but my M-4 will catch you

#13 Sundowner

Sundowner

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:23 AM

did you get the full mod or the upgrades? The full mod should be a zip file to extract to a folder that should read 762mm_mod and place in the mods folder. the upgrades are exe. files so they should already be set to find the mod if its already there, they only work if you have the mod

#14 Unseen_Warrior

Unseen_Warrior

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:41 AM

thanks. might have just downloaded the wrong one
You can run, and you can hide, but my M-4 will catch you

#15 Gen.Montgomery

Gen.Montgomery

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:17 AM

Love this mod! The sounds! The models! Especially the Mp5sd-10mm!
NEVER FORGET YOUR ROOTS. . .
Old School Ghost Recon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users