How can I change the fade out time for weapons swaps with AI?

In GRAW2 custom bundles, I will carefully make my way forward. This is because I prefer playing as if this were for real; I want to stay alive. I’m not into playing ‘rushing rambo’ (not that there is anything wrong with that style of play, for those people who like that). Also, I’m essentially a newbie, who is too incompetent to go quickly :-).

This means that eventually I’ll run out of ammo. True, the game allows me to ‘swap’ weapons with the bad-guy that I’ve killed. Unfortunately, often by the time that I can safely get to the location where their body dropped, their weapon has already ‘faded’ away. This is especially true for non-city maps (such as Bogie Harry day 2056).

I’ve tried to find an appropriate setting in the game settings and even within the bundles, so that I can extend the time of fade out. Alas, I haven’t been able to find such a thing. Nor could I find any discussion of this topic on this form.

Do you know how I can do this, please?

To be clear, I’m not trying to cheat – I’m merely trying to extend the time available to do something that I’m legitimately allowed to do.

Thanks for getting back to me guys; I appreciate it.

Given that there didn’t appear to be a way to change the game settings, I started to experiment a bit. I was trying to measure how many seconds I actually had before the weapons would disappear. That was when I discovered that this is not a ‘time’ issue after all.

It turns out that the game will always (with no time limit) leave some weapons available. However, the game will only leave the weapons from the last 19 (yes, I carefully confirmed that number) sequential fallen bad-guys. So if you are like me and have killed the near field bad-guys first, and then have proceeded to kill the middle field bad-guys who are still within hazardous range before you move forward, then all of the dropped weapons in the reachable near field will be disappearing before you can get to them. Doh!

So from now on I’ll keep alive one or two bad-guys in the near field, and only kill them when I am running short of ammo. Counter-intuitive and risky, I know; but this seems to be my solution. Fortunately, this is probably only an issue in maps that always have way more than 19 bad-guys within hazardous range (such as Bogie Harry Day 2056).

Edited by NewbieOftenDead

Dead bodies and weapons are removed from the game to help preserve game resources, having a lot of these laying around will cause lag.

As mentioned there will always be some weapons laying around, you just have to search for them.