Cheaters vs. Non-cheaters

First, I am not a cheater and am new to playing multiplayer graw2 games. It is my belief that cheaters actually have NO competitive nature about them, probably in the games and real life, that is why they cheat. What kind of feeling do you get cheating? Let me explain some cheating I have experienced and really believe there is very little skill or stratigy. Example: 1) A guy was approaching me knowing I could not kill him, I kept firing and within a few feet I finally got him by firing around his head, arms and legs, 2) A guy was behind a junk van, I was within 30 feet, could not see him and there were a few of my team and myself firing at the van and without ever seeing him, everyone firing at the van was sent to re-spawning, (3) a guy jumped from behind a rock, one shot, hitting me, all within less than a second, this is impossible, and 4) the same guy, no matter where I am (very smart to be able to follow me) and I get shot without ever seeing him, and lastly 5) I positioned myself close to a spawing/respawinging area and was picking people off, getting wise, two guys re-spawned and immediately went underground with only a small portior of thier torso visible, giving them time to locate me and one shot, I'm a gone dead..

I have heard that some can cheat by burying themselve inside building and poking the gun thru the wall and killing everyone, but nobody can get them, cheating

Ok, everybody, convience me this is all talent and not cheating!!! If its all talent, then I will do what it takes to compete, But I will not cheat!!!

Thanks for any conversations on this situation.

Edited by Pave Low
Please do not post Thread Titles in ALL CAPS

What you describe sounds for the most part like cheating, but you have to be VERY careful with accusations. For example, I was accused of cheating only this week in a ingame-chat, but I've never cheated online once in my whole gaming career!

So it is best to concentrate on being the best you can, and ignore the cheaters, they just drag you down.

What you discribe seems to be some mean cheating.

As rocky already mentioned: BE CAREFUL WITH ACCUSATIONS!

GRAW2 is a wierd game. I often survived situations where i had to be dead already. But i was still alive without any bars of health left.

Independet from your movement the first shot out of a move i.e. sliding, will hit where the crosshair (the coloured dot) is shown.

Graw2 Player vs. Player Multiplayer is full of cheaters. Some of them are faster than "Speedy Gonzales", some are eating bullits like donuts and some freaks make use of a M99 that is spitting bullits like a MK46 ... thats why i left the PvsP Multiplayer and switched to coop.

Personal experience with cheating:

Since i cheated in Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2, to grind with unlimmited balance, 11 years ago i never tried again.

That ruined the whole gameplay and i spend the money into the game for nothing. :(

Regards

Ares

If you want to witness cheaters try playing battlefield 2 bad company I have been surprised by the amount of games I have played when I have been killed in a suspicious way only for the purpitrator to get kicked for using an aimbot or hack etc the depressing part is that there seems to be no end to the amount of players doing it. :angry:

Thanks for your reply's guys (gals?). I am not making accusations directly at any one by naming players, I just want to enjoy the game and not be the one at the top of the list getting killed and at the bottom of the list killing the enemy. I'm sure the team I'm on just says "OH NO, NOT THAT GUY AGAIN JOINING US!!". Mostly I'm on the loosing team because of me, I think.

I'm not trying to stir things up, just trying to get information from those who cheat and their mind set, this is a game to be enjoyed by everyone. I've built my own powerful computer and have a beautiful 32" hi-def tv/monitor in front of me to help be able to see the enemy. Doesn't help very much against these cheats.

I'd like to hear more from the gamers, please?

i only cheat in single player and thats only if there is a part i am really REALLY stuck on. but on multiplayer, cheaters are losers, but i think the real idiots are the servers, you should be able to report a cheater or a glitcher to the server and get them banned instantly. as for you losing the game, don't target just the suspected cheats, if you find yourself in the presence of a cheat then just turn the other way and play against non cheaters

The ping tells you how good your connection is to the server. If you have a high ping (anything over 200) you will probably experience some lag in game play because of the bad connection speed. If a person has a "0" ping it means that they are hosting the server and their connection speed is essentially 0 or "instant". They will have a huge advantage in speed. I usually look for servers which I can have a low ping on (150 or lower). Your quality of game play will be much better. It is also a good idea to set your graphics card settings and in game graphics settings pretty low. That will give your processor more memory to work with and will reduce lag.

Hope that helps,

Rahn

you should be able to report a cheater or a glitcher to the server and get them banned instantly

Problem is you can ban the info you have on the cheater. The cheater then gets a new IP, or spoofs the hardware ID. You will never remove a determined cheater.

Play in recognised servers. Always keep a note of anything unusual, and contact others, by other means if anything unusual. Reporting cheaters on the forums, only makes them feel good. Is all in life they have.

I had no idea what the pings were, I'll set my graphics card to low settings, I guess you are meaning less resolution and refresh time?

Go to Options>video and click on show advanced options.

There will be more to adjust.

Problem is you can ban the info you have on the cheater. The cheater then gets a new IP, or spoofs the hardware ID. You will never remove a determined cheater.

Play in recognised servers. Always keep a note of anything unusual, and contact others, by other means if anything unusual. Reporting cheaters on the forums, only makes them feel good. Is all in life they have.

yeah true :P

seems to me that the servers can police their own site. Why can't you see the out of ordinary kill counts as a problem? Last night, I saw the same situation where the enemy was hid behind or embedded in the van outside our spawn/re-spawn area. No mater what anyone did, you could not get rid of that person. Several team menbers were attacting the truck firing as fast as they could and they all were hit, this went on for a while until the game ended. That person had 50 kills, not even close to the next person with a lot fewer kills.

Also, I came around the corner of a building and there was an enemy with his back to me, he was loaded with all kinds of stuff on him, I quickly took aim BUT he turned and put a weapon in his hand and fired instantly, getting me? WOW, very good reflects, or was it?

One of my team mates I was following, he was running, suddenly stopped, took out something small to view thru, and then moved on...was this a small heat sensor? If so, where can I get one legally!

Most of my playing time is the sites "nowhere", I do this so as to learn the good hiding places to pick people off. This method gets you very little kills and you don't get killed as often, expecially when compared to those who just run around continually, killing lots and getting killed some. Most of the time these individuals will out shoot me, better weapons than those presented for me to choose from?

Enought today, keep it coming everyone, I am enjoying these discussions.

Thanks

the only thing i can really suggest is by the sounds of things you know the places, but you seem to be (no offence) predictable so here it goes:

seek, cover, shoot, move

if you see an adversary dive to cover, poke your head out, kill them, and move position. if they know where you are, there is a VERY high chance you will get killed easier, be unpredictable, dont have a 'routine' because the enemy will get to know that routine and follow you. if the cheaters go to the same place, avoid that place or work around it, if they want to cheat, dont give them the satifaction of the kills by trying to get them down.

Hi Zeealex, thanks for your info, being new at this, I can use all the help I can get, your information is some of what I do, but I probably am predictable. I do have a problem of my team mates trying to continually kill that person suspected to be embedded in the junk van. I hid myself just to the point I couldn't see the van and just watched, and the team mates just kept spawning back and the van is right there and kept trying to get him. It would be easy for them to move on, so I agree, stop doing that. My hope was to draw him out by firing at the vicinity of the front of the van, it worked except I couldn' hit him, he only did that once and never appeared again, so I moved on.

My previous post, I mentioned a person was packed down with stuff, and was able to spin 180 degrees, put a weapon in his hand and fire in a spit second. He beat me although I was only about 30 feet behind him. I am no slouch as far as reflexes, but no match for this. I speeded my mouse up and practiced spinning like that and it too a few swipes of the mouse to get turned 180 degrees. I am sure that person had something special, was it legitament?

Thanks for responding, hope to hear more...

Tom

Your nemesis probably had a gaming mouse. With these you can adjust the sensitivity of the mouse so that a slight movement will move the screen drastically. You can easily do a full 360 with very little movement. There is nothing illegal about having good equipment.

If you suspect that someone is cheating then there are other things that you can do. One of the best things is to watch them on "deathcam". If they are glitching or have a speed hack/aimbot then you will probably be able to tell. Wall hacks are pretty difficult to spot even on deathcam. To get on deathcam you will usually have to leave the server and then log back in. When you get in pick the team the "offender" is on (push the "tab" button to see which team that is) and then DO NOT PICK A WEAPON. You will have to wait about 90 seconds (usually) until time runs out for you to get in game. At that point you will see the "deathcam" icon appear in the lower RHS of your screen. Click on it and you will be able to watch the game through the eyes of the other players. Use you left/right mouse button to scroll between the various players until you find the one you want to watch and then see what he is doing. It could be that he is not cheating at all but this is your best chance to find out. Deathcam is also one of the best ways to learn how to play the game. By watching other players you can see what they do and the spots that they go to. You can get acquainted with a map very quickly by doing this.

Also, you could just switch teams and follow him around. When you die click the "team selection" button on the lower RHS and quickly pick your weapon before the respawn time runs out. You should then be on the other team.

Hope that helps,

Rahn

Good information, thanks. As far as the mouse goes, I had already maximize the setting and it did exactly as you stated. Only problem was, it was so fast. I had very little control on trying to settle on the enemy. I know how hard it is for you'all to know my skill. I have watch some sites that pops in the rules periodically at the top of the screen and it seems those matches look pretty good, the most anyone kills is around 20, not the 50 or greater. In those matches, I do better, but still not near as good, YET!

Thanks, I will try and observe thru the technique you mentioned. I did switch to the other team that had a fast player, followed him and when I got close just to watch, he disappeared, so I wasn't able to see more. This is all interesting stuff, I hope no one thinks I'm disgusted, I'm not, just trying to figure things out.

I did purchase a high def. tv 32" for use on these games. I was talking to a young man that seemed to have a lot of knowledge about this and he stated that the real good players use a small monitor (15"?) and was able to pick people off easier. I got this big monitor so I could see better, as I stated before, didn't seem to help.

also, from what i know there is a file (i think it is SB_global.xml you have to extract quick.bundle to see this file and make the game run unbundled) which allows the player to set move speed, was your opponent moving faster than normal? it could be the case of only single player allows this, Rahnman, will you know?

Edited by Zeealex

Yeah, you can change your speed of movement by changing files and overriding the bundle files through the local file. I sometimes use this when testing out new coop missions for John. It makes it real easy to skirt by AI and get to any trouble spots on the map. Doing this will not get past the games' anti-cheat, however. All the good TDM servers have the anti-cheat turned to keep this type of cheating from occurring. There are ways to get past the anti-cheat (obviously), but this method is not one of them. Honestly, I don't really know how hackers get past the anti-cheat. I've never tried to learn, it's more fun to whip up on hackers than it is to hack with them! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Rahn

Hey Rahnman,

I followed your information and did the cam thing, was able to select any player on my team and see exactly what he or she was doing. My observations are that there was a lot of skill involved based on what I could see.

1. You quickly point your gun in the direction you want to look, I mostly kinda scan the area cutting down on my ability to seen anyone. Problem is that following this guy around, I could see the persons he was shooting really clear, I don't seem to have that clearness when I'm playing. Also, he is able to shoot those long distance, I seem to have problems with that (were not using a sniper gun). Mostly, he never stays in one place, always moving. He did have a lot more kills than anyone else and looked like all skill.

2. He did have an advantage that I don't have, he was able to use granades and smoke bombs, how do I get those?

3. The gun he was using looks like the same as what I use, best I could tell, could only see a small portion of the gun. I actually entered the game and followed him around, hoping when he was shot that I could take a look at the gun, BUT, while taking a look at the gun, I get shot, dangit

4. I am hoping I can find the person that embeds himself in the van (I think), that will be very interested.

5. He seemed to be able to climb mountains really well, which gives him an advantage. I do know that the program lets you climb some mountains but you have to find those spots, he has has done that. Guess I could follow him some more and he will show me??

6. He was obviously very quick in shooting his target. My error here, is I tend to let my gun sights drift away from where I am looking, tonight my sight was pointin at the mountain and a guy came around and got me, I should have been pointing at the edge as I move.....

Enough, thanks for your tips, I may start looking for a gaming mouse, have any suggestions? I have a Microsoft Mobile wireless 3000 and a Microsoft Mobile wireless 5000, they seem to be pretty good.

okay, take an educated guess, i'm a Gigafreak wich means i am addicted to Gigabyte products, the Gigabyte Ghost.

peripherals_m8000_main_big.jpg

this conveiniently named mouse has a record breaking 6000DPi sensitivity, nice and reliable, clean, ambidexterous. this could be what that 180degrees turning dude was using a flick of the wrist and you are there :D

just dont use it with cloth mats, it is easier on laminated mats or hard surfaces

Edited by Zeealex

Well, I have a Lachesis Razor. It goes all the way up the 4,000 dpi (a standard mouse is set at about 400). I bought without really knowing what I needed so I wound up getting way more than I needed. I typically keep it set at about 1500 dpi. (I think dpi is the correct term, but maybe not). Any more than that and the fast movement on the screen makes me sick. It is NOT a wireless mouse, which I think is best.

The gun kit that almost everyone uses is "Assault 1" which has the iron sight MRC, the G36 compact secondary, a grenade and a smoke grenade. It's the best gun for TDM style play. It is perfectly accurate at long distance and the iron sights allow you to see a large part of the environment even when scoped in. Clips have 50 rounds which allows you to "pray and spray" effectively. The only drawback is that it can be difficult to hit people at a distance. Even so, with a little bit of practice you can get really good at it.

Cheers,

Rahn

Zeealice, wow, that mouse looks wicked. A lot of the stuff in my newly built computer are gigabyte...I'll check it out.

Rahn, I will look into the gun selection, right now I do have a problem with the power of the gun I use (I can't think of the gun model) causing the gun to pull off target and I spray all over the place. Probably need to fire in short bursts, and do that with any gun.

Now, a question. Why is it when I use the cam system and feel like I'm looking out of the eyes of the person I'm wataching, and can see lots of enemy everywhere he runs? If I could see that clearly, I could nail a lot more of the enemy. So why is that I can see some but not nearly like he does. Is there a setting I am missing?

nice to know you like it :D

do you have anti aliasing on or off?

right now I do have a problem with the power of the gun I use (I can't think of the gun model) causing the gun to pull off target and I spray all over the place. Probably need to fire in short bursts, and do that with any gun.

sounds like the SCAR or the SAW and yes, short controlled bursts are best for any type of stiuation.

Most guns have recoil associated with them. Another great thing about the iron sight MRC is that it has very little recoil, allowing you to score multiple hits rather quickly. The gun is a little underpowered compared to other weapons. It usually takes 3 shots (sometimes 4) to kill. But is it not extremely underpowered as I have found that most other guns can take 3 shots also. The Scar-H, M14 and MSG90 take 2 and the M99 takes 1. So the MRC is the gun to start with. Oh, ANY weapon will kill in one shot if you hit them in the head.

As far as being able to see lots of enemy on deathcam, I have noticed that phenomenon as well. I think it has more to do with the fact that you are not scoping in at all and the whole screen is visible all the time. Also, you are more relaxed and able to take in more. When you are actually playing it is easy to develop tunnel vision.

Rahn