Massive steam sale right now

Rocky

Yep, I went for the Deus Ex Collection, basically because it also contains the first title's GOTY Edition. That game was such a milestone back then, and with a 75% discount on the new one it was a no-brainer. Also couldn't walk away from the DOOM, Crysis, Metro 2033, and BioShock packs.... and still browsing.

Bad influences, you two are. I managed to get the Alan Wake set (2 games, 1 album, commentary mode, that sort) just before they locked the doors.

These had better have full controller support (pretty sure they do) or I have no use for them. Except my massive library of never ending games. Plus, Sam Lake was behind it.

Oh cool. 'll be your play buddy for Alan Wake mate and we can compare notes. It might give us the incentive to play it!

Instaling now....

PS where do we access the ~AW extras, I can only see the two games at the top of my steam list.

pps I added it to my "alistairgd" steam account, add me as a freind :)

• 3 weeks later...
and we can compare notes

Just letting you know I haven't forgotten this. I've just got a rather large game collection, we have significantly different time zones, and I'm still trying control methods that make games like this as much about the content as possible. I'm having luck with my X360 controller with the sensitivity turned way down so it's not a twitch controller, and I just added a Bluetooth receiver so I can use my Wii wireless peripherals on my PC, but as you can imagine it's going very slowly, as I have to learn and adapt to entirely new methods. It's going well, though, just slowly.

Wake looks (and sounds; new audio scheme too as my hearing is getting harder to work with daily) and plays great. It certainly feels las expected, but better. I'm not very far in, but it's really good so far.

From brief research, any wireless Xbox360 device needs a "Crossfire Wireless Gaming Receiver" to work on a PC (UK name). They are otherwise plug n' play. I use a wired one, so it just needs a USB port. It looks like they run about £13 new for an official one.

That's nifty, Setup always looks like a pain, but if the Sony controller works for you and the emulator, it sort of removes you further from the narrative, so even though you're still playing a game, a decent control setup lets you enjoy the story a bit more, at least it does me.

I'm still tweaking the graphics as well as the input, and it really is more of a digital novel than a game, at least so far.