I remembered why I deleted GRAW from my system!

Well after about 2 years I reinstalled GRAW onto my system again, and then I remembered why I dumped it in the first place!

I can't believe how glitchy and full of bugs the game was.

Constantly freezing up and or restarting windows on me, it's a shame because the little I played of it it was great.

I also at the time downloaded a no dvd crack so I wouldn't wear out my dvd drive. lol

Has anyone else experienced the same issues out there, and if so what did you do to fix it?

I have more issues with GRAW2 (mostly just it crashing during multi) than with GRAW1. I always liked GRAW1 more than 2 except for the non-progressing/advancing spawn points. I hate having to run across the map 5 times through some maze to get back to where I was because the ghosts are too stupid to knock over a wooden fence. :angry:

It is stupid, you can see where you want to be just 10 feet on the other side of that wall but no, gotta spend the next solid 5 mins running. (but that is more an annoyance with how people setup the maps due to GRAW1 not having progressing spawn points in coop)

Anyway, back on topic. GRAW1 is pretty stable for me. Once in a blue moon it might crash on a certain map but overall it is really good. GRAW2 is where the crashes are at. I do not understand how it is more popular given it's lack of multiplayer stability.(steam and retail)

Edited by Oelmuvun

As I mentioned earlier, most times I wouldn't be able to even start a game, most times it would freeze at the main screen or just restart windows.

But it wouldn't happen all the time,...strange, sometimes I could play it for 10 minutes solid and then it would freeze or restart XP.

On another front, it was a nightmare trying to get a no DVD fix for it, most I tried wouldn't work.

I wish developers would allow games to start without the DVD.

What is the best way to find out the version of a particular game?

On another front, it was a nightmare trying to get a no DVD fix for it, most I tried wouldn't work.

NoCD cracks are not to be mentioned on the forums

[3.7] Warez : Links to warez sites or discussion of warez is not permitted. Breach of this rule can lead to legal proceedings against this site, and will not be tolerated. Software cracks that remove the "CD/DVD check" are against the Ubi Soft licensing agreement and are included in this rule - which is strictly enforced Posts containing CD-keys and links to sites of CD-keys will be deleted.

Good disk drives are very robust, and don't wear out as easily as people think, i've got a disk that needs to be permanently running in my drive when i use one of my computers, it's been that way for over 2 years or so now, on for 12 hours a day every day. so a NoCD crack is not required to "prevent the Drive wearing down" and could well be the reason for your system failures.

Shame about having to use [not to be mentioned things] to get the game to work, especially GR1. After patching to 1.4, most people can't play it without the error.

Anyway, GRAW1 was pretty stable while GRAW2 was terrible. Crashes on several missions with no explanation, ruined the co-op and singleplayer experience.

Ok, ok I won't mention that issue again!

I can't seem to do anything right on this forum with out certain bloodhounds screaming blue murder after every mistake, if it's not Sigs it's something I'm in breach of!

I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Ok have your little cliques then, obviously I'm not good enough for this forum.

I'll get on with my life, Bye.

Edited by Anthonyf

• 5 weeks later...

The retail DVD version I bought works without the DVD having to be in the drive, and it never crashes. If you want to play some GRAW maps with repawns, check out the conversions I have made to work in GRAW2. They are not exact missions due to some limitations with GRAW2, but they are close enough.

Shame about having to use [not to be mentioned things] to get the game to work, especially GR1. After patching to 1.4, most people can't play it without the error.

There is an actual update of 1.4 that doesn't require a patch to make it run without a cd. It came on my Ghost Recon Complete.

And I don't think they are busting your stones about the rules. It is stated on the front door when you join. They are just letting you know incase you forgot lol.

Edited by twcrash

NoCD cracks are not to be mentioned on the forums

[3.7] Warez : Links to warez sites or discussion of warez is not permitted. Breach of this rule can lead to legal proceedings against this site, and will not be tolerated. Software cracks that remove the "CD/DVD check" are against the Ubi Soft licensing agreement and are included in this rule - which is strictly enforced Posts containing CD-keys and links to sites of CD-keys will be deleted.

Good disk drives are very robust, and don't wear out as easily as people think, i've got a disk that needs to be permanently running in my drive when i use one of my computers, it's been that way for over 2 years or so now, on for 12 hours a day every day. so a NoCD crack is not required to "prevent the Drive wearing down" and could well be the reason for your system failures.

And besides the exe only spins the disc up in the drive to check the disc,l it shuts down again a few mins later and you can remove the disc and continue playing, in GRAW

Edited by Hammer

And besides the exe only spins the disc up in the drive to check the disc,l it shuts down again a few mins later and you can remove the disc and continue playing, in GRAW

exactly, and i don't see why once again you are choosing to attack me over something that i simply informed you of, instead of just saying "okay, i know of that rule now" and removing then crack from the system. it would have saved you energy and you probably would not have got the crash again.

Cracks, trainers and other "foreign bodies" that should not be on GRAW or games can cause instability and ergo crashing.

If you are unable to just accept that rules are rules and that YOU ARE/HAVE NO EXCEPTION TO THESE RULES, unless otherwise stated then you aren't good enough for the forum.

heck I'm not, but I've learned from my mistakes over the year or so of being here and trust me, I made plenty.

Edited by Zeealex

Has anyone else experienced the same issues out there, and if so what did you do to fix it?

When the game released, I was running minimum specs. Updated to a good dual core, and added some RAM, game played well, had very few crashes. After updating to a quad core, it was rarely I had an issue. Since moving on to W7, GRAW2 still has some built in crashes, but GRAW1, never an issue at all.

Anthonyf

What are your full system specs? Out of interest.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Solid game here, never crashes.

Jep, solid game here to;)

For me too. Solid game i can confirm.

When i recorded it for my video guide (game can be beatable by 1 player - proved by me :P ) - it works like a charm. When i've played with friends - works stable.

But on the other hard a can understand people when they say they have some problems with it, because one of my friends had few small crashes sometimes.

I think it depends on the machine, system and installed applications, drivers etc. how GRAW behave... or maybe not :P Most of "configurations" are tolerated, but few percent are not. That is what i think of it. We must remember it's old game, and setting "compatibility with Windows XP" IS NOT a native Windows XP.

Edited by husar