[Which OS is better?]

teppe

I was buying a iMac stationary computer so that i cut play some more games, because that my old computer, a Dell, was not so good to games. My idea was to download a windows bootcamp. But which is best:?

Windows Vista

Xp or

Somebody there knows a good place to buy the best of these?

Teppe

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Teppe, new Macs don't officially support Windows XP under Boot Camp anymore (Apple now only provides drivers for Windows 7 and up). There are still ways to get older systems to work under Boot Camp but setup can be more complex. If you want Windows XP a valid alternative to Boot Camp would be the free and open source VirtualBox which supports pretty much any OS.

Win 7 dumps on Vista and is better then XP in many ways and I love XP.

Only 2 OS that I would EVER recommend is XP and Win 7 (all others are crap).

Either they munch too much memory (such as Vista) or they are buggy.

I have XP Pro on one of my machines and Win 7 on main one........guess which one i use the most ?

I run Battlefield 3, CODMW3, Mass Effect 3 and RAGE to mention a few....all on Win 7 with no problems.

I would also vote Windows 7. But then I also had few issues with pre-sp1 Vista.. *shrug* If it was a main machine of mine I would rather run vista before XP. But win7 is better than either imo.

Not liking the metro thing in Windows 8 though. Might have to wait for Windows 9 to upgrade.