Blogs

Two Reasons

Two reasons for making this blog entry. 1. To see if anyone notices 2. Just so folks don't think this is Dannik's place rather than everyones place!

Rocky

Rocky in Stuff

My health issues are KILLING ME! No, really. They are.

I'm starting to wonder if being on various hospital's records-are-online feature is a driving force to that odd craziness many have these days. Don't get me wrong, it's great to demonstrate to my wife that I don't have a sodium issue (I don't, but good health says keep it low, and it's circling the drain at the low end of normal) but rvery time I have a test, the resultant statements are a bit crazy. Apparently, my last chest x-ray, like the one years ago, shows what is likely an issue with

Dannik

Dannik in Health

COVID19 First Dose - Done

So I just got back from getting my first dose of the Moderna vaccine for COVID19. Second injection recommended by my doctor in 3-4 weeks, but without major health issues, the dosing clinic will only book four months between doses. Gah. Still, step one taken.

Dannik

Dannik in Health

Question for a very narrow group

First off, a bit of background. I use a left-handed MMO mouse, and I have some palsy in my right hand. This is a very minor, but relevant thing. I'm thinking of purchasing an Azeron handset for my right hand, and I have chosen this company partially because they will accommodate my needs. The question I have is since I don't have the luxury of trying out a demo model, and they are a bit expensive, are they worth it functionally, as a keyboard replacement for a gamer? I'm not concerned with

Dannik

Dannik in Gaming

Speed much?

So a young man, nineteen, and his pal in the passenger seat.also nineteen, decide to take dad's Mercedes out "racing.". Figuring the highways are quiet, it'll be fun. They were pulled over doing 308km/h. That's about 191mp/h.

Dannik

Dannik

Looking for compy help

So I have an (start laughing) FM1 chip & A75 board; it is very much time to upgrade, but as someone with a fixed income, money is very tight. So, I need some advice. I'm planning on upgrading to a Ryzen, looking at a 2600X and a B450 board. I figure I can get both for about $325, leaving me to buy 16G of RAM, and maybe an M.2 drive to boot from. I should, but don't require, a case and PSU, since I have an RX580/8G I can pull and swap out with another card in my old rig.    

Dannik

Dannik

Multiple Myeloma

Multiple myeloma is a cancer that forms in a plasma cell. Plasma cells help you fight infections by making antibodies that recognize and attack germs. Multiple myeloma causes cancer cells to accumulate in the bone marrow, where they crowd out healthy blood cells. Rather than produce helpful antibodies, the cancer cells produce abnormal proteins that can cause complications. It's not clear what causes myeloma; however, doctors know that it begins with one abnormal plasma cell in your bone ma

ZJJ

ZJJ

Harpy Crimbo.

First, a disclaimer: I'm not concerned if you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, The Drinking of Beers, The Fall of Max Gruber, or anything else. I hope you find a wondrous place & time, here & now. With  family, friends, alone, strangers, it doesn't matter as long as you find some degree of joy. Life can be complex and challenging. Don't let that overtake you, at this special adjunct. Live a little. Go ahead, dance like nobody is watching, or like everyone is staring. It doesn't matter

Dannik

Dannik

Too young

My wife told me about a celebrity chef dying. She didn't recall the name, initially. Then, she said Carl Ruiz. It took me a moment to figure out why that name was so familiar, then it hit me. That was Carl "The Cuban" Ruiz, of Food Network fame. It took me a moment to find out his cause of death, and I was put off by what I discovered. He had died of a heart attack while away from home. This wasn't a shock, as he was a bit of a hard hitter. What was the shock was that he was younger than me. Not

Dannik

Dannik

Too Close

First, the good news: they are non-life threatening injuries. Second, the Bad News: two people shot, Monday around 4:30PM, about a kilometre west of my home. To add insult to injury (hah!) this was the third shooting in the city today. The first two were late Sunday night/early Monday. Boo.

Dannik

Dannik

Why does it come with a remote?

So, after four years or so, I got a new hearing aid today. For those who may not know, I've had nerve "deafness" in my right ear for eight or nine years.    Anyway, after a hearing test and a forming session last month, my insurance said "go for it" and I picked up a new hearing aid today. Besides being intensely blue, which the med. tech was very excited about, my aid came with a set of tools, and of all things, a remote to set volume. I'm still trying to figure out why. Sounds g

Dannik

Dannik

Stroke! Stroke! Er...

So my mother had a stroke, on February 8, 2017. She's okay, mostly, just a bit weak on one side and with some memory issues. Strange, the same thing happened to me seven years ago. Of course, living 200km away from home, and being in a wheelchair, I can't exactly pop by and see her. Funny.

Dannik

Dannik

Carrie Fisher died today.

So Carrie Fisher died today. As an actress I knew of her, but it was her work in mental health that was most prevalent to me. My wife was tearbound at the news. I was stoic, like usual. Good old stoicism. I died a little myself, on the inside, but damn, I'm not going to show it. I will miss you, Carrie. 

Dannik

Dannik

Christmas again.

It's a few days before Christmas. Another one. The malls are a nightmare, and I have (of all things) an MRI on Boxing Day, at a Catholic hospital (don't ask, I just am used to it). My wife, who usually goes an hour or two away to spend Christmas with her family is taking a shorter trip this year, partially due to my appointment and partially due to her parents selling their big house for a smaller condo.  Merry Christmas, everybody. I'll just sit here quietly and not watch the plethora of C

Dannik

Dannik

Return Of The Messiah (Again)

I was originally going to follow that title up with a bible quote and somehow relate it to a story about my garbage disposal unit blowing up and sending meat chunks everywhere, but I'm entirely too lazy for any of that. "LOL WHY U MAKE THAT TITLE THEN!?" Because that was the original title of my first blog post back in uh... I forgot because I deleted them all without checking. Yeah that's right IM STARTING OVER. WHAT YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? So here's the thing. The last Ghost Recon

Sart

Sart

New Location and Assorted Madness

I had a few blogs; differing enough to lead me to separate them. No more. I have one, now, and anything I can think of now has a home. It's a different technology that any other I operated, but the very common WordPress tech behind it. It's at Any Luck at the moment. The hosting is a thank you from a friend. Rocky has been more than supportive here. It was just time to move one thing overdramatically to somewhere else.

Dannik

Dannik

Moving iPad Backup from boot drive

in Windows 7 type in the start menu cmd.exe right click on cmd.exe and run as administrator cd "%APPDATA%\Apple Computer\MobileSync" move Backup folder to x:\Backup (the whole folder) then type mklink /d Backup <drive:new backup location>\Backup

Rocky

Rocky

Steam Sale 2012

If your wallet isn't smoking after visiting the Steam Store before this coming Christmas Day, your games list must be impressive. Featuring such deals as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Complete Pack, currently at 75% off (OGR trilogy, GRAW 1&2) you can't go very wrong. The deals will probably get even better closer to the sale's end, if history repeats.

Dannik

Dannik

iPhone 5!

So I got the new iPhone 5, yep I was sad enough to queue up for it on release morning, The whole thing was very painless! Queue Buy phone Go home Apply Screen protector install protective case Phone myself from landline to check number has transferred across! Now all the software stuff. Settings - usage - battery as a percentage - ON Add Twitter and login! Add Facebook and login! Connect to gmail account! Check Calendar has picked up all my data. This is going waay to smo

Rocky

Rocky