UDK editor

Tinker

Nice one Tinker. I started to learn something but nothing worth mention. From 3D point of view I love the fact that it support all current next generation stuff. I will probably moving to UDK soon. I hear Unity is awesome too but a bit more complicated engine.

Is this learning project or some mod?

There are a few projects going on right now I think. This is just something to work on the AI with really. Building it with only the UDK assits and building brushes for now. The Stronghold map for GR I recreated in L4D with the Hammer Editor, and also in Rockall of course. Both made completely different, nothing wrong in a compound in the middle of nowhere. Lot easier to rebuild and change previous things, keeping it simple.

Hope to do well with the UDK, and try to convert what I can back to GR.

Some time tonight to start in the compound:

t02b.jpg

Besides 3 textures for the terrain, this is all done within the UDK editor. Using all the given assits and tools. Just getting into gear with this, very big, and free, engine to play with. This is just a test map, hoping to create something nice with this soon.

Would highly recommend installing the latest version:

November 2012 UDK

:)

Besides 3 textures for the terrain, this is all done within the UDK editor. Using all the given assits and tools. Just getting into gear with this, very big, and free, engine to play with. This is just a test map, hoping to create something nice with this soon.

Would highly recommend installing the latest version:

November 2012 UDK

:)

thank you! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can pull off with this tinker! :)

sorry to ask (again) but i've installed it, and it's already driving me nuts, how do i get rid of the annoying cube thing??! i've tried going to wireframe and deleting it, nothing.

i firgure you need to use photoshop to add heightmaps, but how do i extend the playable area etc?

any ideas.

Do what Tinker had to do and go and spend a month or so watching UDK tutorals on youtube before he even started on anything. UDK is good, but its wayyyyy beyond anything you would ever do for GR in complexity..

• 1 month later...

On the off chance anyone has missed a patch for the Nov Beta.

2012-11-Beta2

Very basic environment test HERE on de simple test map, bit old but still. Being able to connect MP and play together in coop seems to work apart from various aspects that need a tonne of work in scripting. Anyone would like to help out in MP replication out there, would be real nice.

Hard to understand that nobody is interested in a free program that can create whatever you want. Managed to create a exe file that others downloaded and connected to me via dedi server, and we played together. Only using the UDK editor, nothing else. Bunch of dumbos attacking the compound.

SpeedTree seems to have some bugs and I do not use it. Foilage is my number 1 most needed thing right now. Just using basic UDK stuff, and some I have here, but would really love some nice trees, bushes. (Make sure to think of Pakistan-Afganistan) And up the poly count. ;)

Really, this editor has some issues, as it is still a beta as always, but. Want to be involved? Send a PM. Took a few days out of this in frustration. Finalizing a new campaign for Rockall, plus a new 9mansquad mod nearly finished. Hoping to put what i have learned here, over the years from our community into play.

Basic MP TvT, catch the flag thing, single player, is in the bag. I want help with creating coop, and anything else that is available.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder how a CE3 rigged tree would import into UDK.

Hey Tinker, do you know the names of the trees/bushes/grass in afghan/pakistan? I was looking this up and couldn't find any details.

I remember this one bush during an air assault, we jumped off the chinook, spread out, and went prone. Sure enough I went prone on one of these things and almost got a 3 inch thorn in my nut sack. Luckily it just went in my leg instead (and broke off!) .