Problems with making TDM Maps

**STAR**

I've got a few problems with my TDM map making. I thought it was going to be fairly simple compared to coop but for some reason I can't see the map when I am in-game. I downloaded other custom TDM maps and opened them to see what I need to write in the xml files etc.

Now I completed everything, I think, except for the minimap (I will make one later). But I really wanna get this to work. Can anyone help?

I fixed the problems now myself but I've got new problems instead. First, when I load the map in-game it works fine, I get into the game but, the map is supposed to be called: ''tdm_Mini_Fort'' but it says ''tdm_world_xml''. I checked the world_info file but it's nothing wrong there.

Also, I added rocks and a container (also other things, but they are not the problem) and in-game they don't have any color or well basicly you see under the map instead of the rocks or the container. I guess it has something to do with the textures but the weird thing is that I've added other things which didn't have any texture problems and I've no idea how to change this. Any help? Thanks!

Hi

here is an original world_info forom one of the ubi map:\

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<world_info name="nowhere" mission_time="day">  <!-- look -->

<world path="xml/world.xml">                        <!--      at this  -->

</world>                                                               <!--    3 lines -->

<mission_script path="mission.xml">

</mission_script>

<environments path="environments.xml"/>

<massunits path="massunit.bin"/>

<sound>

<soundbank name="ambience_park_night" type="ambient"/>

<soundbank name="avr_nowhere_sound"/>

<soundbank name="music_act01_sound"/>

</sound>

<texture_scope path="texture_scope.xml"/>

<texture name="minimap" texture="/data/textures/gui/nowhere_minimap" uv_rect="0,0,1024,792" width="1024" height="1024"/>

<border name="minimap" min_x="-10676.768" min_y="-6114.8867" max_x="18646.32" max_y="16576.049"/>

<world_info path="/data/levels/common/tdm_settings.xml" type="tdm"> <!-- AND HERE -->

<texture name="loading" texture="data/textures/atlas_gui/mission_gfx/load_mp_tdm_dm" uv_rect="0,0,2048,1080" width="2048" height="2048"/> <!-- THIS ONE TOO -->

</world_info> <!--AND THIS ONE -->

<world_info path="/data/levels/common/dm_settings.xml" type="dm"> <!-- AND THIS ONES HERE ALL 3 OF THEM -->

<texture name="loading" texture="data/textures/atlas_gui/mission_gfx/load_mp_tdm_dm" uv_rect="0,0,2048,1080" width="2048" height="2048"/>

</world_info>

</world_info>

If you have this same, map should work, but it could be much easier if you will put here your code.

Edited by daro48

This is how the world_info looks like:

<world_info name="tdm_Mini_Fort" mission_time="night">

<world path="xml/world.xml">

</world>

</mission_script>

<environments path="environments.xml"/>

<sound>

<soundbank name="avr_fort_sound"/>

</sound>

<border name="minimap" min_x="-17094.926" min_y="-12740.976" max_x="14565.505" max_y="15578.67"/>

<world_info path="/data/levels/common/tdm_settings.xml" type="tdm">

<texture name="loading" texture="data/textures/atlas_gui/mission_gfx/load_mp_tdm_dm" uv_rect="0,0,2048,1080" width="2048" height="2048"/>

<texture name="minimap" texture="/data/textures/gui/fort_minimap" uv_rect="0,0,1024,916" width="1024" height="1024"/>

</world_info>

</world_info>

I don't see anything wrong, since it says: ''world_info name="tdm_Mini_Fort" which is the name I want

<world_info name="mini_fort" path="/data/levels/common/tdm_settings.xml" type="tdm" mission_time="night">

<world path="xml/world.xml">

</world>

</mission_script>

<sound>

<soundbank name="avr_fort_sound"/>

</sound>

<environments path="/data/levels/global_environments.xml"/>

</world_info>

Edited by daro48

in this code the name is showing as i typed to witch is:

tdm_mini_fort

you even didn't check it?

but the textures file... well this is not that simple to explain, in fact I was learning it watching on other maps. I think this is only way.

Hi Star,

I got your PM but it looks like Daro has fixed your mission name problem.

As to the textures, as Daro said these can be quite complex to sort out. All textures are referenced in the texture_scope.xml, you need to list all textures that are used in your map in that xml file.

You mentioned that some of the props you placed look ok while others do not, this is because the props that look ok are part of the same texture set as other props in the map, the ones that look flat or grey need to be listed in the texture_scope.xml.

Finding these textures can be difficult as you need to know the names of the textures the prop is using and what set they belong to.

Best way is to do what Daro mentioned, look at a few texture_scope files to get an idea of how the textures are listed, this can take some time but it's vital if you intend to make your own maps or add props to existing maps.

If you can't sort it out then send me the complete map and I'll do it for you.

Hope that helps, :thumbsup:

John

Thanks John! @daro48. I did it, but it still says ''world_xml'' Grrr. This is very very odd. It didn't happen last time I was trying to make a map. I wonder whats wrong. Anyways, I will keep looking for solutions, but if I can't get it right, maybe I should send it to you, John. Thanks for taking time to help :D

If I remember good I had simmilar problem when i was bundling the map in the wrong folders order, I have no other idea for your cause. 2 files i attached to you works fine the rar file has stucture which is needed to bundle your map in right way.

If you reprogrammed the world_info file to simmilar as I gave you it shouldn't ba any problems

Edited by daro48

Thanks John! @daro48. I did it, but it still says ''world_xml'' Grrr. This is very very odd. It didn't happen last time I was trying to make a map. I wonder whats wrong. Anyways, I will keep looking for solutions, but if I can't get it right, maybe I should send it to you, John. Thanks for taking time to help :D

Är inte säker på vad du menar men har du kollat unit filen så att namnet på kartan är det du vill den ska heta.

Faktiskt, så har jag inte det. Jag hade inte någon aning om det haha, tack för tipset!

okay guys. The name problem is solved. I fired up the game and created a LAN server, guess what I saw? ''Mini_Fort'' :P

Now it's just the textures left...

I replaced some stuff and messed around with the files and now I got it right! Since it is a TDM map I can just see a few things on the map because I automaticly win each time so I can't see the whole map. I will send the map to one of my other computers and create a server and play so I can be 100% sure everything is as it should be.

*sigh* When you solved a problem, you get a new one. I thought that ''Finally I completed the map!'' but nope. I sent the file to one of my other computers to try it out with my brother. But when I was in the game, I couldn't find the map. Then, I went on the other computer again, where I made the map. I went to Appdata/local/GRAW2/data and cut then paste the levels folder on the desktop. Then I started the game again but couldn't see the map. When I put the levels folder back into the data folder I could see the map again. There is something wrong. You know when you download a map you just put it in your custom_levels folder but it don't work with my map. It only show up in the game when I have the levels folder in the data folder.

This is killing me. Oh well I'll go to sleep, and maybe I can fix this tomorrow...

I'm not sure how you have setup your system.

If you have your new map in the: "C:/Program Files (x86)/UBISOFT/Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2/Data" folder all changes that you make in the editor will be saved to your Appdata/local/GRAW2/data folder.

You need to copy all files in you Appdata/local/GRAW2/data folder and paste them into your "C:/Program Files (x86)/UBISOFT/Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2/Data" folder.

Make sure both PC's have the exact same files and in the same location or you may have problems playing the map.

I'm guessing that you are using vista or win 7?

In this cause you don't have to use other localisations than main ghost recon folder/data folers all what you have to do is:

1. open properties of Ghost Recon application (right mouse klick)

2. go to Compatibility

3. check "Run this program in compatibility mode for: choose Windows XP (Serive Pack 3)

4. check "Run this program as an administrator

from nowon you will able to edit your map in f. ex. in my instalation location:

C:\Program Files\UBISOFT\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\data

not as you case in :

Appdata/local/GRAW2/data folder.

and if you can not see your bundled map...

please give us a structure folder when you are bumding it. The right structure should looks like:

C:\Program Files\UBISOFT\bundler\tdm_mini_fort\data\

and inside data folder you need to paste your levels and texture folders, created by the editor

then you are running the bundle.bat file

and there is no way to not force this map to work.

Edited by daro48

Ok look: I used a program called GRAW2Tool to bundle the map. The structure: tdm_Mini_Fort/data/levels/custom_levels/Mini_Fort.

When I sent the bundled map (I also tried to send them unbundled) to my other computer it couldn't see the map in the game. But the computer I am using to make the map worked just fine. Daro I did what you said, I ran the game as admin and chosed to run with compability for Win XP SP3. Still no change. John, what if I send you the files through Email? (it's only 465Kb so it should work).

• 1 month later...

I replaced some stuff and messed around with the files and now I got it right! Since it is a TDM map I can just see a few things on the map because I automaticly win each time so I can't see the whole map. I will send the map to one of my other computers and create a server and play so I can be 100% sure everything is as it should be.

To help you see the whole map. Copy the tdm_rules.xml file and rename it to test or someting like that. Then change the following two paragraphs to look at a single player.

<!-- Have the Ghosts won by killing ALL the Rebels?

If you play alone, you have to set max_players = 1, or the game will end right away -->

<trigger name="check_all_ghosts_dead" interval="1" preserved="false" >

<!--<condition type="ServerSetting" name="max_players" greater_than="1"/>-->

<condition type="ServerSetting" name="max_players" equal="1"/>

<condition type="PlayersNotPermanentlyDead" side="1" equal="0"/>

<condition type="PlayersNotSpawnedYet" side="1" equal="0"/>

<event name="All_ghosts_dead"/>

</trigger>

<!-- Have the Rebels won by killing ALL the ghosts?

If you play alone, you have to set max_players = 1, or the game will end right away -->

<trigger name="check_all_rebels_dead" interval="1" preserved="false" >

<!--<condition type="ServerSetting" name="max_players" greater_than="1"/>-->

<condition type="ServerSetting" name="max_players" equal="1"/>

<condition type="PlayersNotPermanentlyDead" side="2" equal="0"/>

<condition type="PlayersNotSpawnedYet" side="2" equal="0"/>

<event name="All_rebels_dead"/>

</trigger>

Then in your mission.xml file change the path for the include to read.

<xi:include href="test_tdm_rules.xml"/>

Edited by mexicobob