forest

daro48

Ki Klaus & Erika

It's really good to have you back :)

I was beggining to worry that my maps killed in you the GR soldier :(

your cat has at least two mice for company :lol:

Right now i'm working on the nex,t bigger version (3 levels) and I have problems with dedicated server :/ I'll try to release this map tomorrow but i'm not sure if all dediaced issues from UBI will let me to release it :wacko:

Cheers,

Daro

P.S.

Does your cat have a name?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again,

here:

coop_daro48_forest_v1_2

is a newest version.

changes:

spawnpoints are available after objective is done,

I changed a little environment,

3 difficulty levels

walkers mode - easy

campers mode - easy/harder

and RS caln (i think- hard but i was testing it alone)

map is based on .xmb files so i have no idea how it will work with all equipment you have.

RS mode is not recommended to run on small dedi servers

few triggers will run different in few games. There are few random triggers which are controling behaviour of AI.

bushes, bushes, bushes

I think that's all

Cheers,

Daro

Edited by daro48

Hi all,

yes Daro, our new family member has a name: Mimmi

And here are some first pictures http://digital.pytalhost.com/m.html

The first pictures was made with a BB but the cat was always too fast for a still pic.

At this weekend we made very much progress because when I was on the floor (learned that as Ghost) to get contact she climbed to my thigh and I was very surprised. Pictures are made with BB and one hand. Both of us was very scared and very carefully :o

Later I made a handful pictures which are a little bit better......the dark cat is our 12y old lovely Pia.

We have made some more progress already but with very little steps which means it take time.

Also my faster CPU + Board has not been installed because I can't work on that PC at the moment.

Hopefully it looks better next weekend but if not.....the cat has a higher priority.

She was punished at her latest home and was more than a year in the animal shelter.

She lost a lot of her teeth (nobody know why - the last "owner" said because of an operation) and her weight is 2.8kg but she is not that small as she looks like. She is a tall cat. Pia has 5.7kg (5.5kg is her optimum weight) but is not much taller.

She had also a problem with one eye (cat fight in the animal shelter).

All in all with her 6 years she has made some very bad experience and that#s why adopted her to give her a nice warm new home.

.....but don't worry, Ghost team Kaapo will be back soon :yes::yes::yes:

Edited by kaapo

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone here has had a chance to test Daro's latest version of his map, v1.2 is up and ready. :)

Daro is waiting for your feedback so he can move forward with this and get it released.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

John

TAW_Mille_RS and I were playing yesterday on his server the updated v1.2. After destroying adat b be incurred an incredible lag caused by the adat multiplying. :wall: Later playing on TAW_Grumpytoo's server we had no problem and completed the mission with no problems. Today I played alone on my computer today and after destroying all adats and was completing extraction I had the same problem. :wall: Here are a few pics of flying adats. It would be nice to know if anyone else had this problem. Could this be because of using a slow older computer? I think adat b had babies! LOL :unsure:

122873823-3.jpg

122873817-3.jpg

Edited by PuttPutt

Thanks for testing :)

Yup this can make a problems :/

It was happen only after adat b has been destroyed as first target?

In my tests I was destroying adat d as first objective, so i couldn't check this case sorry.

No, the cause of this issues is that trigger hasn't stop and i have no idea why.

I'll check it asap

Thanks,

Daro

Edited by daro48

Adats were destroyed in order yesterday. A then B. We were on our way to C when this happened. Today I destroyed A then D, C, the B. Then I went to extraction. It appears to be a problem only after destroying Adat B.

Edited by PuttPutt

Hi PuttPutt

I checked the code few times and I didn't found any errors, but I create few things which sould protect the map against this behaviours.

I can bundle this map again with enemies or make a bundle without them just for check how it will work at your machine.

What is better?

Are you interested in test empty map?

We will be back testing using dedicated server within 3 days because our cat free up the space behind our team computers :rofl:

@ rileyfletcher_01 : BB is Blackberry (Without flash and used by one hand taking pictures of the cat (sitting by me) without making here nervous (we know how ladies are when they are in front of a lens. The Problem is that this cat is very fast and has very sharp claws)

Ok here we go again :)

I checked this version on dedicated server sets on win xp x86 on my virtual pc, and all was fine.

During short tests in "TAW mode" all was fine, after adat B destroy, the map react correctly and I hadn't any adat's babies.

the link for new version:

coop_daro48_forest_v1_2a

I did few changes, first of all I repleaced AI spawned to close a player and add some graphics elements.

The number of AI has not changed.

I hope this time all will work fine,

Cheers,

Daro

That's really weird, but you are talking about v. 1.2?

If this will happen again in this version I'll have to change the reiggers....

This is really weird, because the trigger to spawn the adat's is runned only once in trigger when you are on the top of the hill. Every destroy of adat has no access to this trigger, so if something should works wrong that should be trigger "t_trigger12_h_e", in my tests this trigger is called only once :/

If you will have this error one more time, I will reprogramm this trigger

Many thanks for testing one more time :)

Hi Daro,

we are back and played v1.2a on our small dedi server with 2 clients and it was fantastic :thumbsup:

We have not seen any glitches, no script and no graphic problems at all.

Framerate was always perfect above 40, just one time it dropped to 22 on our smallest client but just for one minute.

Again, everything ran smooth, we had just some snipers in the back and could not find them in the trees :wall:

(We did it in order A-D-C-B)

Congratulation, you did a very very good job.

Ohhhh, we had one problem. Our cat grabbed one of our regular team command center office chair but it was Erikas.

No problem for the cat because Erika had to use one of our kitchen chairs to play :D

So it was a little bit harder for her :rofl::rofl::rofl:

With greetings,

Kaapo_Erika + Kaapo_Klaus

Edited by kaapo

Hi Kaapo_Erika + Kaapo_Klaus :)

Thank you for testing I'm glad that your like the map :)

Which mode did you tested? Could you please test "TAW mode" with ADATs A,B,C,D order?

Best Regards,

Daro

cats can hijack a chairs, as if they were their property xDD

Played today using v1.2a. I played in TAW mode. Had 552 kills. No lag. No adats having babies finally! :thumbsup: That is one incredibly difficult mode. One that I would never play.

TAW_PuttPutt

Ohh cmon! I created this one spacially for you :(

Mille said that ealier verions vere to easy, so I took another few weeks to create script for new game and add 300 more AI :/

I tested them alone and ofcourse i died over 40 times, but this is versions for more than 4 players.

You created the TAW mode for Mille not me. I like easy maps. I play to have fun not get frustrated. I created a mod for me to beta test with on my own computer. I have God mode with unlimited ammo. (and for those reading this, God mode ONLY works on MY computer not on online servers) I did not die so I tried to take out all the AI in each trigger before continuing. I fired 18,340 bullets!

Match length: 18:45 - 20:05 Well done ghosts - You won!

TAW_PuttPutt

Edited by PuttPutt

Hi Daro,

we played again but at the beginning I have made an mistake.

I switched Camper mode to ON and then back to OFF. After that I jumped to the other side and switched TAW mode to ON.

Lamp of TAW mode was ON, the other one was off.

A while later WALKERS mode showed up on the screen.

We did it in order A-B (then I just looked at C but it looked normal) -D-C.

Everything was fine the same way as last time. No problems at all.

I'm wondering that we had the same value of AIs as last time (walker mode as well)!?

I just read all comments and have seen that camper mode is harder and TAW mode the hardest.

Did somebody think that walkers mode is to o easy? I believe not!

The only thing I believe is with 4+ players.More AIs for them can make it hard for them as well and if it#s possible, yes, give them the party :thumbsup: May some smaller groups will try TAW mode as well but you should give the different modes a better name because we did not relaized that on beginning as well.

By the way, without using a sniper it's almost impossible to identify a AI in a tree. I realized that a couple times because I almost never use a sniper. Sometimes I could only see a platform without sniper on top of it. This is just for info and maybe my graphic settings are to low to show everything!?

Ohh, why some of the AIs have red diamonds as markers ( just before the Helicopter comes in)?

For our feeling the map/mission is great and the AIs are placed very well. The patrols can make the life very hard and sometimes the snipers can shoot you through 3 trees.

Hi kaapo

I switched Camper mode to ON and then back to OFF. After that I jumped to the other side and switched TAW mode to ON.

Lamp of TAW mode was ON, the other one was off.

A while later WALKERS mode showed up on the screen

If you on the mode you can not change it, the easiest mode "walkers" is run automatically at start of the mission, if you will press the campers mode you can not change it to walkers or TAW mode. I had to do that because of mission constuction. You have only 20 second to set mode on.

but you should give the different modes a better name because we did not relaized that on beginning as well.

Ok i'll will, I decide to name them in this way because, only different of walkers mode with campers mode is that on walkers all AI are sets as loop recon which make them to walk around all the time. In walkers mode AI are sets as moveguard recon which mean they mostly stay in the cover- behind a bushes etc. So there is not simple solution to name them. If you want I can remove campers mode and left only walkers and chage the name on easy and TAW mode - changed to hard or better "suicidal mission"

By the way, without using a sniper it's almost impossible to identify a AI in a tree. I realized that a couple times because I almost never use a sniper. Sometimes I could only see a platform without sniper on top of it.

Yes it is hard to see them I know about this

The patrols can make the life very hard and sometimes the snipers can shoot you through 3 trees.

All snipers are spawned once at the begining of the map there is something about 14 snipers, when you are at 1st level (adat A) the snipers from 2nd level (behind the wall) can easly shoot you if you will run

Ohh, why some of the AIs have red diamonds as markers ( just before the Helicopter comes in)?

I did this because the every next trigges depends from number of kills soldiers from extraction trigger, there is a possible to one of them may be lost, and in this way you can find him easier. The red diamonds should be able to see after 1st group in every 60 seconds for some time

I'm realy glad you like this map :) thank for testing and feedback :)

Cheers,

Daro

Edited by daro48

Hi Daro,

sorry but TAW mode ist too much for us :ph34r:

It took us 3-3.5 hours to destroy Adat-A and fight to the hill behind the first barrier.

Then my PC crashed the second time (1. Weapon in type 2. Access violation) and we stopped.

Erikas PC crashed one time with NORMAL GRAW2 crash as well.

It started to get irritating to die and die again for another 5 meters and sometimes AIs came in our back which was cleaned before.

This means that this is a real 4+ player mode.

We as we played all existing missions even 2048+ from Bogie too, we need to say that we need maybe 6-8 hours for this one and this is to much for us.Special with all the trees and bushes with hiding AI's.

This means as well that you have made a real good hard map/misson! I can't remember a harder one!

I hope somebody will write a review of the TAW mode. With amount of players, kill/death values and how long it took.

This will be interesting for us because we thought we are good but it seems to be wrong :(

Thnaks and have a great WE!

Erika+Klaus :)

Hi Erika & Klaus

So there is only one way to findout how TAW (now HARDER) is ending, we have to set one server and try to play with more than 4+

ANd you don't have to worry. My way to ADAT A took me something about 50 minutes, nut I died something about 20 times to this moment and another 20 in the way to ADAT B, after those 2 objectives the map became easy ;)

Those back enemies you mentioned- on the top of the hill are few spawns and those AI sometimes are lasy that why you could have AI behind yours backs

But still there are EASY and Hard (normal hard not Hardest) missions :thumbsup:

Thanks for testing, I really appreciate it :)

Cheers,

Daro