Clear & Present Danger II

Thumper1518

Rockall seems to be finaled, will be able to look over this more now in coop and help out if needed. Especially like the environments on the maps, the polling station looks great, and you have not even used the lighting tool.

Very nice choice of maps.

Only gripe from me as a demo guy, is the lack of silent kits when using demo and AT. But no big issue. This goes back to the stock game though. Not sure RL demo experts would be too keen on being the only guys with loud weapons on special recon missions. But it does come down to playing your role and assuming others will do the main take downs.

Sure this mod, and Variables new mod,will keep us entertained for a while to come. Very nice for me to play other mods for a change.

I have fixed the lack of MP Coop ability for the missions.

Apex: I would love to see a Mac conversion.

Tinker: I figured out what was up with the MP kits - I forgot to include KIL files.

I will be uploading version 1.1 later on today.

cheers!

-Thumper1518

CAPD2(v1.1)

You need to change this to:

CAPD2(v1_1)

Cannot have a period in the mod name unfortunately.

Piccy

Mod is there and I can activate it, but does not show the name, so if it where to be at the bottom of the list, you would not know it was there.

Great job on the mod Thumper :thumbsup:

These are some really nice missions, I really enjoyed playing them so far. They have a nice balance of stelth and action. Reminds me very much of the original missions in that way.

:clapping:

Try resizing the command map to 512x512

:wacko:

Seems to of fixed it our side, mission loads in game and Igor now fine.

If anyone would bekind enough to check?

Start mission 06 in SP / Coop / Igor, see if it crashes. Download THIS command map, and place it into the mods command map folder, overwrite the old. Try again.

*Edit*

Mission 07 Airport / 13 Chalet

Both cause your PC to lock up in MP Coop when mission ends and go to after action screen. All report being in the after action screen, but nothing happens. Alt+F4 did not work, task manager worked for some to quit process, others had to hard switch off PC and restart.

No idea what could cause this so far. Will try to look for problem. Only seen this issue before when teleporting a vehicle with lights on.

Mission 14 Polling center

Playing on a dedicated server we saw a lot of actor shadows around the map, some players do not see them, some see just black characters, some see the characters as normal appearence. Crashed lot of times after any of these hidden actors where fired at.

Solutions:

1: Place the hidden actors down roads / paths that the players cannot get to, teleport them in when needed.

2: At least ensure that when you hide them, you first make them invincible. This will at least ensure the server cannot crash.

• 2 years later...

I realize this is an old thread but I wanted to pass on what a good time team NIghthawks are having playing this mod.

Nineteen great missions, some user made maps, opfor have been reskinned as well as the ghosts and I believe Thumper is the maker of the weapons included.

The only issue we had was mission 18 and 19 on the Trafic and Colmbie Maps by Tof. The vegetation(there is lots of it) is tagged incorrectly so that OPFOR can see through it. These are great missions but for the reason stated are almost impossible to beat.

For our team I made a small mod that reduces the size and for some plants eliminates them altogether. This seems to have helped the playability for missions 18 and 19.

• 2 weeks later...

The only issue we had was mission 18 and 19 on the Trafic and Colmbie Maps by Tof. The vegetation(there is lots of it) is tagged incorrectly so that OPFOR can see through it. These are great missions but for the reason stated are almost impossible to beat.

For our team I made a small mod that reduces the size and for some plants eliminates them altogether. This seems to have helped the playability for missions 18 and 19.

Great job Wombat. Those are great maps, but the issue with the vegetation was always a killer for playing against the AI on them. It would be truly great (IMO) if you could release your mod to reduce/eliminate the vegetation. I know we had tried a number of things to retag the plants in question, but were never able to find a workable solution.

Thanks Buehgler. I knew you guys tried to fix it. I tried re-tagging with the RSB editor too but it was a no go.

I will supply the files in mod form to anyone interested.

Heard from 4Xray about 3 months ago. He said his area was in the process of getting decent internet.

But have not heard back.

• 9 months later...

I played that mission maybe a year ago. Top notch for sure.

Replicate the error and then immediately check the ike.log in the the GR directory for any clues for the CTD.

Not to be confused with the IkeCrash.log. Sometimes the ike.log is helpful but not always.

Post the text of it if you want to.

FELIX,

These two errors are in all ike.logs and are nothing to worry with:

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.tga

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb

If the above ike.log is all you get after a CTD for Zeta 19 than it is of no help. :(

Usually the ike.log will say it has loaded the map but I don't see that.

Hopefully you have a save to play from that is not too far from planting the 3rd demo to see if it crashes every time.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Welcome to gr.net