["the first GR2pc cancellation"]

Lets assume I dont understand the history.

May be you could explain why some of you feel so let down.

I for one dont feel that let down, not so that I would harp on about every other post.

Its just a game.

Ghost Recon 1 is a very hard act to follow.

I belong to a group of people that play this game most nights of the week, we have 2 servers running it.

We have forums dedicated to it.

I cant see how negative posting can get you what you want.

But Im open minded so explain to me then.

Colin bro, i truly think in a mostly psychological way, we are ALL let down in some way or another by the cancellation of GR2PC. The facts are as follows:

1. GR2 was to made for XBox and PS2 then was to be ported to PC.

Truth is the average PC is way more powerful in both GPU and CPU. The port would need a major code overhaul and it truly wouldnt be that great. (Why put out a crappy product on a better machine after you release a cool one for a console.) Lets call this "Ubisoft's major epiphany."

2. GR2PC was cancelled/dropped the first time.

This due to reason #1 as above.

3. The GR fans (like us) bitched, griped, complained, signed petitions, and generaly flamed UBI and RSE for dropping it.

4. GR2 was picked back up by RSE. (Imagine that.)

5. GR3 started.

6. GR2PC dropped yet again and for a final time AFTER everything dies down... again. leaving us in a crazed "Where's my mother ######*** GR2 for PC?!?!?!?!" frenzy. Again, not a pretty sight and 100 times worse than the first bout.

7. GR3 for all systems announced! YAY!!! but wait, hmmm... lets remember what happened with GR2PC, it could happen again right??? This makes even the GR3 Devs wonder if it will be out for PC, let alone the public.

8. The next gen consoles are in fact closer to and possibly surpassing the average home PC in a strict hardware sense only. (If you have the best and fastest car in the world, it means jack squat if you cant drive it. Just a thought.) This fact gives me the most hope of all. A port from Xbox 360 to PC would, in fact be a whole lot easier to accomplish with the least amount of tweaking. :thumbsup:

#8 leaving me with the conclusion that there WILL be a GR3 for PC and as long as we look at it as the game where you play a Captain named Scott Mitchel who has this awesome battle system (IWS) and goes in mostly by himself and kicks a whole lot of Skinny ass, and NOT as the 2nd or 3rd in the Ghost Recon Series, then I think we are gonna hae a damn fine game on our hands.

Another fact that i have realized over the course of the last four or so years, is that GR has ALWAYS been set in the future. But we as the players, try to compare it to the current standards in the military as it is today. (I was a Comabat Medic in the US ARMY. Ops Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. Got hurt, got OUT!!) I hope GR3 is as much a future prediction for combat as Star Trek was for cell phones (communicators). With better technology we can send 3 men/women in to combat and with the better toys, we can be just as, if not more effective in mission completeion as with a squad of 6 men. Less body bags to be filled if a mission goes fubar.

Colin hope this helps. Will copy and post this on fortchaos.org, so my peeps can read too.

Also, anyone, please correct me if i am wrong with anything, its a general overview. Thanks. but i think i got it right.

Edited by =FC=+Medic+

• 1 month later...