Ubisoft announce officially the incoming Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

Anyone remember the article (aftonbladet) from Sweden that was posted here by some Swede?

They had interviewed Bo who said:

- You can only talk about "Switch" and "GRAW 1".

- GRAW 1? So there is a GRAW 2?

"Bo grins"

If you wonder what "Switch" is, it's a new game they are working on :)

EDIT: Ahh, here is the article.

BTW, I thought it was obvious why they call the game GRAW 2, I mean, It's a sequel of GRAW :)

And you can't really call it GR4 since the second game was never released to PC. And that's also the reason why they named the game "Advanced Warfighter" in the first place.

Think about it!

Edited by Hockeystick

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried the Rainbow6 Vegas demo on xbox360, and guess what, plenty of jaggies. Seems like AA does not work on this game either. Vegas uses Unreal Engine 3.0, and I remember from reading somewhere that Gears of War will also not be able to do AA, using same engine. The funny thing is, the game still looks great, but if you visit some xbox forums, kids are already screaming for their AA.

While claim "no aa in ue3" is true (for now, at least), i find very little jaggies on those two titles. Perhaps Epic is creating sharpnes in UE3 with downsampling.

rb6

gowmp

gowsp

Get used to new PC games demanding high-end hardware, or go get a console and stop complaining. You can't have it both ways; you cannot expect consumers to choose a PC over a console version if the PC version is not appealing. GRAW is stone age compared to SCDA. And that happened in what? 7 months since the release of GRAW? If you upgraded your computer to limp along with GRAW, you probably won't be able to play SCDA at all:

SCDA:

CPU: 3 Ghz Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ 3000 (3.5 Ghz Pentium 4 or Athlon 3500 recommended). Game optimized for Dual-processor-enabled computers.

RAM: 1 GB

Video Card: DirectX® 9.0c-compliant, Shader 3.0-enabled 128 MB video card (256 MB recommended) (ATI® X1600/X1800/X1900 NVidia® 6600 /6800/7300/7600/7800/7900)

Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c-compatible (EAX" recommended) - PC audio solution containing Dolby® Digital Live required for Dolby Digital audio.

Hard Drive Space: 8 GB

GRAW:

CPU: Pentium IV 2Ghz

Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6/7 or ATI® Radeon® 9600-9800/X

Hard Drive Space: 5 GB

These are MINIMUM system requirements as published by Ubisoft.

' date='Oct 25 2006, 06:43 PM' post='430915']

Get used to new PC games demanding high-end hardware, or go get a console and stop complaining. You can't have it both ways; you cannot expect consumers to choose a PC over a console version if the PC version is not appealing. GRAW is stone age compared to SCDA. And that happened in what? 7 months since the release of GRAW? If you upgraded your computer to limp along with GRAW, you probably won't be able to play SCDA at all:

SCDA:

CPU: 3 Ghz Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ 3000 (3.5 Ghz Pentium 4 or Athlon 3500 recommended). Game optimized for Dual-processor-enabled computers.

Video Card: DirectX® 9.0c-compliant, Shader 3.0-enabled 128 MB video card (256 MB recommended) (ATI® X1600/X1800/X1900 NVidia® 6600 /6800/7300/7600/7800/7900)

Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c-compatible (EAX" recommended) - PC audio solution containing Dolby® Digital Live required for Dolby Digital audio.

Hard Drive Space: 8 GB

GRAW:

CPU: Pentium IV 2Ghz

Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6/7 or ATI® Radeon® 9600-9800/X

Hard Drive Space: 5 GB

These are MINIMUM system requirements as published by Ubisoft.

Indeed...

I can't play SCDA :unsure: so I guess I have to wait until next year when I buy the ATI R600 DX10 card.

so I guess I have to wait until next year when I buy the ATI R600 DX10 card.

Or, for the same price, a 360, which can run it today. :whistle:

At a crappy 640x480 resolution (Normal TV's are only 640x480)... or do you want to add an HDTV to that cost? I'll stick with the pc... thank you ;)

Edited by ROCOAFZ

At a crappy 640x480 resolution (Normal TV's are only 640x480)... or do you want to add an HDTV to that cost? I'll stick with the pc... thank you ;)

30 more dollars and you can hook it up the the computer monitor you already have and indulge your HD obsession. :)

30 more dollars and you can hook it up the the computer monitor you already have and indulge your HD obsession. :)

for 300$ I can just buy another video card for my pc ;)

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Or buy both and enjoy all cool games.

To be honest, no one can refute that there are a few games coming out in the next few months for 360 which will be a blast. Sure it will take a while to get used to the controller. Eventually, there will be great games coming out for PC too once Vista ships. I think Microsoft will make a lot more $$ with Vista than with 360, so the focus will shift to PC games once again sometime next year.

I think Microsoft will make a lot more $$ with Vista than with 360, so the focus will shift to PC games once again sometime next year.

This is true, but it won`t make game for pc exclusive (except simulator and some rts).New logo is "Vista and x360" exclusive. The issue for consumer is price. Quad intel cpu will cost between 850-1000$ (This is the cpu on which alan wake was demonstrated). And don`t know for g80/r600 price, but i don`t think it will be lower than that. Anyway, 360 (multicore cpu, unified shaders gpu) is cheap, but great alternative for gaming. Enough on this.

Yep it's going to be a busy year for hardware ( PC ) next year! so if GRiN continue using the diesel engine it should shine on modern PC's then and i dont think anyone will be moaning about jaggies.

With all the Flack GRiN got and still does who else in their right mind would take on the challange to please us lot? They are more than half way to pleasing us all so I say let them continue because I'm sure they learnt by their mistakes, so why give it to a new developer and have all the hassle again and dissapointment to some.

2 Cents kerrrching.

I salute the annoncement of GRAW2. PLease make it a good game, please take the community feedback, and please make it more like GR1, and less action-oriented.

I believe its possible to recover from GRAW, but it will require alot of changes, and a different mindset regarding design.

Incorrect

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon Desert Seige expansion

Ghost Recon Island Thunder Expansion

Sum of all Fears (using the GR engine..flopped)

Ghost Recon 2 for XBOX... DROPPED FOR PC

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (still waiting for final fix of all fixes patch)

Expansion? (possibly Christmas by santa posts but who knows)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (rumored)

no, correct

I didnt list expansions, I listed full fledges games for the pc, and only games that actually were released, as in no ghost recon 2, and Sum of all fears wasnt a gr game at all, just used the same engine. Hence(I always feel like Joey from Friends when using this word) my name-convention comparison is valid.

it was like 14 months

which is "more like a year" than "years" as 14 months is only 2 months away from a year but atleast 10 months away from "years". Semantics seems to be my thing today :D

How many damn months are on the Swedish Calendar? maybe that's why GRIN was so pushed. they run 16 month years and we run 12 month. UBI got pushy and carried away. :hmm: just kidding though....

Edited by Papa6

I would. Maybe call me an optimist...maybe call me something vulgar... But I have really enjoyed GRAW. GRIN has been great in working with us thus far in the patches they have released, and i would buy an expansion/new GRAW the day it was released.

Not everyone has been so disappointed with GRAW...

I agree with you DeUcEsWiLd! GRAW has been a positive experience, so long as you learn to live with it's characteristics.

Rubleman...I lost track after 5 layers of quotes. The 6th layer threw me over the edge...

Agreed... didn't like it at 1st, but it grew on me (as i was a GR1 MP TVT player since the demo)