Author's E-Mail: jmcar2002@hotmail.com

Download Version 2.0: Download Here

Download 2.1 Patch: Download here

Download No Piolts MH Version: Download

Filesize: 1,90 MB

Forum Discussion with eyecandy and mod support

Reviewed by STALKER

Introduction

Some of you might remember: On Jul 4 2003 Chems started a topic in the brand new Vehicle mod forum which contains various pics of different helicopter models. Two of them were the AH6 and the MH6-Littlebird. Actually they were made for the Afghanistan Mod but the mod had been dropped. And after several months Chems released his first vehicle pack which contains those famous 2 helicopters.

AH6 & MH6

If you have seen the movie "Black Hawk Down" you will fall in love with those vehicles. A dream for every mission scripter, just imagine all the possibilities those compact choppers open for great missions.

A large amount of details, like the two belt-fed miniguns on the AH6 result that the vehicle models themselves are oustanding. The textures are top notch too, but the only thing I noticed is that the writings are a bit blurry.

The MH6-Littlebird can hold max. 6 passengers, not including the two pilots. They take place on the two long seats on the sides of the MH6. As far as I (and Chems) know the MH6 doesn't have bugs.

The AH6 has got two miniguns and two rocket launchers. Because of the limitations of the Ghost Recon engine the AH6 isn't able to fire his weapons. The only way to get its weapons to work is to tag the chopper as a tank. But that also brings new drawbacks because it reduces the AH6's freedom of movement extremely.

Conclusion

This first vehicle pack from Chems is a must-have for every mission-scripter in the Ghost Recon community. As I stated above, it opens plenty of new possibilities for missions. Maybe Chems will make a patch that also adds a AH6 that uses his weapons to the other 2 helicopters.

Well done!

Overall Score for Littlebird Mod V2.1 >>> 9/10

Fan Feedback

"WTG Chems !!! Very Nice, and THank You for your hard work...." Fryer Truck

"You're the man, Chems." Parabellum

Mod_Review_AH6.jpg

Mod_Review_MH6.jpg

Edited by GiWeDa

:wub: Love your work chems, i have enjoyed the defenders that you made and the little birds look sweet but i seem to shy away from the choppers, reason being that the fact that they are not able to be seen in MP games, i have scraped alot of missions due to this problem, i do not play GR in SP very often but do play alot of coop with a small group of friends,and have one question, are these birds able to be seen by other players in MP?

i have seen this done in the hx5 mod where they were seen by all players but i have'nt had such luck with the blackhawks,and i would kill to have a chopper that can be seen by all just for the use of insertion and extractions dont care to use them to attack as for me that seems to couse to much lag, also chems :flowers: sweety what would it take for you to release them awsome looking hummers.

i also have the dc3 but have'nt had time to put it to use but would like to thank you and all modders for the hard work you all have done to help keep this game alive for my friends and i, dont think i have a game that i have played as long as GR ..

~SALUTE~

if the chopper is tagged as tank, it will be visible for all players in MP.

but as stated above

But that also brings new drawbacks because it reduces the AH6's freedom of movement extremely.

Edited by Stalker

Did anyone know chems made another version of the AH6 with no pilots, so you can have a character get in the AH6? I wish i had the link handy.

he did?? :o

I did it wasnt really meant for public use but it was found so its out for all to use. Link added in review now.

@TS_FightingFish, the only way to get choppers like these in MP is via the tank way, but Im sorry to say I wont be spending anymore time on these because my efforts are else were. Also the Humvees have been dedicated to a diffrent project. Thanks for your comments glad to extend the life of GR for you and your mates. Pass on my regards to your fellow TS members.

@Stalker, thanks for the great review mate :thumbsup:

Hi all nice Mod Chems

I heard you was doing a GR Starship Troopers Mod....Heres a screenie that I rendered up perhaps for a Stargate Mod (Warp between maps...camo is the same etc etc)

Aint posting the pic here but review from the URL its 2400x1600 Pixels at 880K.

Click to review

Im working with BorntoKill_TAw with assistance on tearrains etc...But Born is doing like 99.9% of the work :D

heres some other renders of terrains as tests etc....Unfortunately GR wont support all of the details but the meshes can still be used

...hope GR2 supports some of these stronger terrains. :wacko:

Edited by Nemesis_TAW