GRAW2 worth installing again after 4 years?

I loved this game as all the other GRs ( Except GRFS), I played it for 2 years and then I changed pcs to a gaming desktop and I still have the Retail box with the disk there, the question is, is it still worth installing? I don't have a lot of time to play in the week, so how are the servers? full with hackers/ lagged/ unpopulated ?

thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I enjoy playing graw2 multiplayer. There is one server "RAS" that is busy all the time and sometimes hard to get on. There are a few others that have a small number of players present. Most of the time when RAS is running a game portion that a lot of people don't like, they go to the other servers but return when RAS start other game portions. This server probably have a few cheaters, but finally got to the point I just ignore them and enjoy playing. There are a lot of good players that befriend you and also work hard to kick cheaters. Detecting them is hard but their efforts pay off in the long run. They also don't allow foul language.

Go ahead and install and just look for RAS server, you won't be disappointed. Also, play other servers if you can. They are not watched as much as the admin. on RAS so you do have more cheaters.

I think Rahnman or Cybersid can advise you better than me, because they are the experts and have helped me a lot when I first started playing.

Have fun...

Tom1935

I don't play Graw2 anymore, but whenever I entered admins said to me what they wanted, they kicked rarely, but banned permanently instead and without a reason. I can say that Omg_Dead and Poison, or whatever their names are that sit in the server spectating 24/7 do that as well.

[Deleted]

Edited by JohnTC02

• 6 months later...

I still play RAS and lag is not a problem as long as you are on the USA server. Lag is dependent on where the server is in relation to the player and how good the players system, i.e. speed of the modem and connection. My system is very good and has the lowest ping on the RAS server and usually stays that way. They went off line for a while to fix problems or improve their setup, I don't know, except everyone went to the "UK" RAS server and ping was high for me. When the USA server came back online, my ping was ok, (reading below 100, usually around 80).

If your lag is bad, just fix it with a better system or search for a server that is located closer to you....

Just my thoughts as to whether to play the game or not.... I say, YES, it is fun, and as said before, "RAS" tries to keep cheaters down and especially, keeps the language clean and kicks cheaters when they are found.

Tom1935 (online "tmfrex") :cowboy:

Edited by tom1935