Blackfoot Studios

Another small update.

This link is an up date to the current pledge system.

KS SITE QUOTE.

"We just added 2 new tiers to help those that would like to get multiple copies of the game!

BATTLEBUDDY EDITION gets you 2 digital copies of the game

FIRETEAM EDITION gets you 4 digital copies of the game plus 1 digital version of the soundtrack."

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670743543/ground-branch/posts

Do you really think they will make their 450,000.00 goal in a month? Thinking of backing but that seems a little big for only a month.

It is a big ask, but remember if you pledge and it doesn;t make the target, no money changes hands so you've nothing to loose.

Yes, remember, if we don't make our goal then you do not get charged for your pledge. It's all or nothing. So there is nothing to lose if you are worried about us making the goal or not.

We need all the help we can get, so anything is appreciated! :thumbsup:

Backed as well. Unfortunately not a lot of cash right now, so went for the $125 tier. Hope to have some more available when the campaign is almost over. MUST-HAVE-THIS-GAME. Have been waiting for something like this for years, and once I have it, it will save me lots of $$ because I don't have to buy all kinds of crap titles any more. Ground Branch all the way :)

Not to be a demanding whiny little tit, but if I am going to get involved with a replacement for Ghost Recon then I need to know that it has coop right from the get-go. Not team vs team coop modes for multiplayer, but more the orig GR coop or terrorist hunt of R6 sort of coop. OGR coop is essentially the only thing I would be looking for from Ground Branch. Not to say I would never bother with the other modes, but, they would very likely not see much use by me. It is very very rare that I venture into TvT in any GR or R6 game.

I know some people say:

"But Oelmuvun, you bought and played Breach!"

Yes. I did. I got it early because they promised destructible environments.(also steam had it on sale for $10) The devs did not deliver, and eventually the bugs scared away many people leaving me left with an ever-reducing number of guys I had increasingly worsening latency to and /then/ it just became unplayable with half of the people in the server flying through the air and otherwise glitching out.

Breach had the potential for some fun while it lasted, but still a mistake. I am not looking to make that mistake again.(also the whole thing about it being online only and no coop was always there)(maps were also on the small side)

And then you say:

"But Ground Branch is going to be better than Breach!" "Breach was CoDesque ######!"

100% true. However I was not looking at Breach to replace Ghost Recon; Ground Branch would be.

It is a very good thing that Ground Branch exists, do not misunderstand me. It is just not for me the way things are looking. $700,000 is a fair sum. Even Carmageddon: Reincarnation has so far managed only $533,110 as of this post with 53 hours to go. I am going to go out on a limb and speculate that Carmageddon proooooobably has more fans than something like GR/R6/similar.

I suppose one should support this anyway, but right now I have other more essential expenses and have a hard time justifying a game I am not going to want to play or will have a hard time getting enough people to play.(my internet connection is trash, I cannot just hop into any random server and get good results.)

You make a point, I see that, and you probably point out a general problem with this community, namely that it is devided into tvt and (the majority) co-op players. I am 100% co-op player myself, I even go so far as to say I absolutely hate any player vs. player (only franchise I love pvp/tvt is Aliens Versus Predator), BUUUUT one of the reasons (a big one) why I do hate pvp is because these are usually very poorly done (yes, I am looking at Ghost Recon), over(un)balanced and botched with horrid game design. Ground Branch is probably the single game you will know in a while that will do this better and right, in a way you haven't seen before.

You really have to see the big picture. If you support GB now, you lay the seed, the foundation for future co-op that exceeds anything co-op you knew in OGR. If you (all of you) don't support it, and it fails, the entire game dies and you will never know how co-op would have been and you will never know how "proper" tactically-realistic pvp could have been.

If you really have no cash, throw in a couple of pennies and tell your buddies. There is nothing more you can do really.

Actually it looks like the FAQ implies that there is going to be the coop I am looking for, but it is not a solid answer.

Also, the FAQ is really hard to read. the text needs a slight grey colour if it is going to be on solid black.*gets banned from the forum before even joining* :P

Hey RileyFletcher_01, I saw you in GR co-op the other day.

@Oelmuvun:

It is complicated I guess. One thing I appreciate about the BFS guys, they are honest to the bone. They say 425k for the game, 700k for co-op (reason, that fancy super good and expensive AI software used in the latest Medal Of Honor game, to give YOU the best co-op experience).

Yes, the numbers above suck, but these are facts. If they can reach 700k, they DIE to get co-op in.

However, and that might be important to know [though only my more or less realistic assumption], you never really know, even if they won't reach 700k, maybe they may still decide to make co-op, but with less fancy AI. As said, just a theory that could happen eventually. Only if they won't reach the current KS goal of 425k, it's all over and all that could have been will probably never be.

Edited by Tinker

I thought I would try to clear a few things up. First off, we want a robust co-op experience as well. And this ties into the amount of money we set as our goal..... making games takes money! I would rather set a legit goal that would allow us to do what we say we are going to do and not make it then to knowingly lowball the goal, make it then come up short of funds midway through the project and not deliver what we said we were going to. We do not have any outside funding. The KS is it.

More on the co-op... We will have Terrorist Hunt from the very start. What we are aiming for with the stretch goal, or post release if that isn't met, is to develop true co-op missions. Not a story driven campaign, but individual missions with objectives and good AI.

The AI solution we want to license doesn't cost that much. But you can't simply drop it in and have instant co-op. It takes programming time, design time and artist time to make it happen. And as I mentioned, that costs money.

Kickstarter is an "all or nothing" system. If you pledge money and the goal isn't met then no money changes hands. If the goal is met then at the closing date (July 6th) Amazon charges your CC. It's that simple.

If Ground Branch doesn't seem like a fit for you TODAY, but it would be in the future then please support it now. Otherwise it may not get made at all. Kickstarter is more than just a place to get "pre-order" style deal on a game. It's a way to get behind something you believe in. Something that you have a direct avenue to get made, that otherwise wouldn't get done. A chance to support a developer that cares and is trying to bring you something you have wanted. Maybe in pieces, but without piece one piece 2 never happens.

There is a reason you are still playing Ghost Recon after 10 years. Because no one else is making a game that has the same goals. This is your chance to support a developer that is aiming to fill that void.

More on the co-op... We will have Terrorist Hunt from the very start. What we are aiming for with the stretch goal, or post release if that isn't met, is to develop true co-op missions. Not a story driven campaign, but individual missions with objectives and good AI.
I need to clear up the terms you are using. Please correct me if I am interpreting them wrong.

Terrorist hunt = bunch of guys standing around/pre-set patrol paths like firefight in GR or thunt in rainbow six. No other objectives, basic AI.

True coop mission = varying objectives to hit, smartypants AI.

Soo.. what I am not understanding here is why you cannot have plain old missions like in GR.. but with dumb existing AI.(also like in GR) Is there something wrong with the AI in the story driven campaign? Is the story completely scripted or something? Or is the terrorist hunt AI setup to just run directly at you with guns blazing like in R6:Vegas?

What am I missing here?

I would like to say that if the dumb AI(presuming it exists) can even match original Ghost Recon and you give the option to do firefight or mission with objectives.. then I would be looking at getting my wallet. My disappointment in the past when reading about Ground Branch is because it always sounded like players vs AI coop(even basic) was simply a dream. It always sounded like it was not really going to happen without fancypants AI.

You have got my attention, what do I need to know?

If Ground Branch doesn't seem like a fit for you TODAY, but it would be in the future then please support it now. Otherwise it may not get made at all.
Does not matter what dev/game I support today if tomorrow my car is a pile of rust in the driveway, or my PC is too old to play whatever game is in question because I spent too much on other small things and cannot afford to maintain or replace important things. :P

There is a reason you are still playing Ghost Recon after 10 years. Because no one else is making a game that has the same goals. This is your chance to support a developer that is aiming to fill that void.
I play lots of old games that have newer alternatives, that is just the way I am I like lots of old things. But also, I do not really know many people who have ARMA II and want to play it or have time to play it. They either like GRAW2, BF3, etc or have no free time.

Oh, and the only reason I know more than one person who is actively trying to still play GR coop is because ApexMods put that server up. Other than that it was really just Riley these days.

Edited by Oelmuvun