Operation Arrowhead, ready for beta testing

Thanks Rico, your continuing support is much appreciated.

I will change the timing of the extract waypoint for the release version and add a longer delay (random) timer to the ambient sounds, for my next map I will probably use less of these sounds or maybe remove them completely if they are becoming annoying.

Speaking of my next map :) it's progressing slowly but well, I've been making some wood shack type buildings to use on the woodland maps so we can have a different environment from the usual urban type. So far I have 21 new shack buildings completed which will be in the next map.

John

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I would post an update here about my modding.

Thanks to Bob and Daro I now have most of my modding tools back, I'm still dissecting my maps to get all my buildings and props back but it looks like I have lost about 8 buildings that I had made but didn't use in any of my maps.

This is becoming a long drawn out process so it will be a while before I'm back modding again, I will try to get this map released in the next week or so, please bear with me folks as I will be back.

Oh and I now have an external HD which I am backing up my modding work to every 5 mins!!! :)

Glad to hear you're able to reconstruct things John. I just wanted to add, regarding your external HD remark, that it's worth paying the small fee for external storage offsite (places like Amazon are only U.S. $20/year). I actually have both an external HD and offsite storage. That's because if my house were ever broken into and my things stolen, or the house burned down, everything on the external HD would be gone too. Just something to think about.

Thanks folks, I'll look into the offsite storage.

Quick update, I now have all my buildings back in order, it's been a time consuming job extracting all the fies needed for each building then getting these files sorted into their separate folders, I'm now extracting all my custom props, there are over 100 of these to sort out so again it's taking time.

I hope to get this map released next week plus I do have another one which I started before the HD problem, once my props are all done I'll be working on my next map.

Thanks again for all your support on this one folks as it has been a trying time. I now have nearly all of my maps and props back so I will be modding again soon.

Beta Phase concluded,

Thanks to all the beta testers that have contributed to the release.

Link to the public release thread:
Operation Arrowhead.

John