Sig issues?

Anthonyf

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic but;

Just having issues with my signature, I've gone through Photobucket, I know about the sizing here but it still can not increase the size.

Hope someone can help?

Cheers

Anthony

Sorry about that guys, all good now, won't worry about a sig at this point.

Shrinking it down to 600 wide it would still be 210 in height, would cut too much of the detail.

Wouldn't be a bad idea if in the future GR fans could do what COD fans can do, and have a specialized sig generator?

Just a suggestion?

On another point;

Can anyone point me in the right direction to the standalone gun builder for GRFS for PC,...please?

I tried downloading the android app but it wont work on PC. <_<

Sorry about that guys, all good now, won't worry about a sig at this point.

Shrinking it down to 600 wide it would still be 210 in height, would cut too much of the detail.

Wouldn't be a bad idea if in the future GR fans could do what COD fans can do, and have a specialized sig generator?

Just a suggestion?

On another point;

Can anyone point me in the right direction to the standalone gun builder for GRFS for PC,...please?

I tried downloading the android app but it wont work on PC. <_<

Hey i recognize that!

tis mine or from my tute :yes:

i did three versions in a little forum contest for fun (on another forum) did a ###### load of others and a tutorial for that particular sig on my tumblr page as a response to a request by one of the forum members.

(one of) the original version(s) was this,

6.jpg

so you don't think i'm a total lunatic:

http://zeealex-passtimes.tumblr.com/FSsigtutorial

did you follow the tute, or find the image in google?

if you followed the tute, darn good job! :thumbsup: the lens flare has made the whole Sig darker though, causing some loss of detail, there's also a distinct rectangular anomaly under the text perhaps from the text?

if it was googled, I'm not too fussed, glad it's being put to use actually. don't think i ever used it on this forum.

(admins; sorry about the excessive editing, i didn't want to come across as having a go)

Edited by Zeealex

It was just something I found on Google.

I'd like to see a lot more.

With the GR franchise I believe there's so much scope, not just Sigs but Avatars as well.

Mmmmm,...that might be an idea for an online poll?

It was just something I found on Google.

Alrighty, next time, just be aware of who actually created/manipulated it and credit them accordingly, some people spend allot of time on their work.

i would like to see more, too, but there we go.

Edited by Zeealex

Alrighty, next time, just be aware of who actually created it and credit them accordingly, some people spend allot of time on their work.

Awesome, I didn't know that you actually created the concept artwork, the dude, the helmet and armor, the rifle he's holding as well as the cloaking effect, wow Zeealex your very talented.

How did you decide on the type of helmet ghost operatives should wear, and wouldn't that shoulder launched rocket pod add more weight and be unbalanced?

I would like to thank the Ghost Recon development team, conceptual artists and game programmers for letting me create my signature which I discovered on public domain of which I'm so proud.

Once again, big thanks. :thumbsup:

Edited by Anthonyf

i didnt make the concept art, no way, i wish, i just added the FX :thumbsup: their name isnt mentioned, if i knew who they were, i would have their name all over the credits, but they worked very hard on it. Public domain or not, it's still soeones work.

Edited by Zeealex

If whoever didn't want it changed, molested, and pulled to bits they shouldn't of made it accessible through public domain.

Mmmm,...Zeealex if I didn't know better I get the feeling your trying to flex some sort of forum muscle?

So Zeealex, you used some one elses concept work and then just stuck a different background on it, and then cropped the image.

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me. lol

Oh and Zeealex, please feel free to use the patch on the right hand side of my Sig, that is actually original.

BTW, how would I go about giving them credit, It is after all supposed to represent me is it not, or should I have the whole of the GR development teams names emblazoned all over it to obscure my own.

To Admins, if this is a closed forum, unwelcome to new-comers, please feel free to delete my account!

Cheers

Edited by Anthonyf

yes, i think you are being rude now if I'm honest, i kindly asked you to next time just acknowledge that people have worked hard on what is on those images, and if you know the names of the people who did so, then credit them, but rather than accepting it and doing so, you decide to act like a baby.

you behave like that sig took me 2 mins to do, it didnt it took me HOURS of getting used to photoshop, weeks even, before i could get so used to it i could navigate easily enough to do that sig, then an hour on top of constant mind changing and experimenting before finally settling on that. i didnt put it on a public domain for a start it should have been a members only link.

to use a sig without crediting the manipulator was one thing, then to full frontally insult the manipulator is worse!

ALL of the mods here on this site are on a public domain, but when other modders use them they dont just say nothing or take credit for something they didnt do, they credit the orignal maker OUT OF DECENCY AND RESPECT, they don't argue it like you are now and they just do it, or the admins remove the mod and lock the production thread.

and by the way, there is the ability to add a text line UNDERNEATH the image line, where you can say "creds to:XXXXX"

This forum is welcome to newcomers, don't take this out on Rocky and the Admin team because i simply asked you to put credit where possible, but you misinterpreted it obviously as something else and argued it rather than saving your energy and just doing it.

Edited by Zeealex

If whoever didn't want it changed, molested, and pulled to bits they shouldn't of made it accessible through public domain....

Cheers

That is incorrect. Posting any media online does not negate copyright, in fact the opposite, publishing something automatically copyrights the media to the owner.

Now, if you want to get into a big debate over whether an image copyright of Ubisoft, taken and mofidified then becomes copyright of of the person doing the modifications, you are in for a lot of research.

I would have thought the better option would have been to thank the person who made the modified image that you wanted to use. As you have seen, they would actually have been more than happy to allow it, until you rolled out the sarcasm wagon.

Hey, you don't need to take it too seriously. I'm sorry if I offended you, we were just trying to explain why we thought that using that signature was wrong. I don't think that having a signature removed is worth getting kicked off the forums. You seem like a pretty nice and cool-headed guy, I wouldn't leave if I were you. I've gotten in a lot worse trouble here than using a supposedly copyrighted picture for my signature. shifty.gif Yep, I'm an admin's worst nightmare.

Nah, got the feeling that if I took my digital camera, (bought at Harvey Norman), outside took some snaps then edited on my (legal copy) of Photoshop, and created my own Sig, someone would still have a whinge on this forum.

Unfortunately because of our strict gun laws in Australia, I will be unable to take pics of any assault rifles or handguns or any other exciting material to add to my impressive Sig, so I am relegated to next doors puppy, some flowers in the garden (after asking the owners of course).

Or perhaps a pic of a sample of yesterdays lunch, (I dare anyone to argue that point), for my sig! <_<

I didn't know how anal it would be here, no, I think I'll save everyone the trouble and fall on my sword.

Bye

Maybe you just can't take being corrected. I actually am starting to not be so enthusiastic about wanting you to stay.

You see, I used to get mad at the admins when they'd go and PM me about something I did or edit my posts or reprimand me, but then I think, you know what, it's their forum. If somebody comes in your house and starts smarting off at you, don't you think you've got the right to tell them to shut up? This is Rocky's forum, so he can run it like he wants. If he acts like an idiot and is unfair about passing our punishment, which he isn't, then so be it, he's in charge here. Get a grip on yourself. People get angry when they get their stuff stolen, even if it's just some pathetic little picture that you use for a signature. That's because people work hard to make stuff, and then when some idiot (not saying you are) comes and takes it, it gets them angry. Same reasons that the DA.49 mod is such a touchy subject around here, because some lazy kid gets on and doesn't want to do any work so he just uses other people's hard labored-for material. We aren't trying to scold you for using an online picture in your signature, nobody is. All we said is that you should have credited the author below it or something. The way you're making a big deal out of this makes you look really immature.

By the way, a puppy-dog with flower signature would be pretty cool.