Ubisoft announce officially the incoming Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

Ubisoft a profité de la publication de ses résultats financiers du premier semestre 2006-07 pour annoncer officiellement l'arrivée de Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, la suite de son jeu d'action-tactique sorti au printemps dernier. La ou les plates-formes concernées ne sont pas précisées, mais on sait que le jeu sortira durant le quatrième trimestre fiscal de l'éditeur français, entre le mois de janvier et fin mars 2007.

Source: GameKult

Basically it say: Ubisoft announce officially the incoming Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. But they didn't specifies what platform were concerned. The game should come out during the months of january and mars 2007.

Seem US media started waking up

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160416.html

Edited by Attila

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ubisoft a profité de la publication de ses résultats financiers du premier semestre 2006-07 pour annoncer officiellement l'arrivée de Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, la suite de son jeu d'action-tactique sorti au printemps dernier. La ou les plates-formes concernées ne sont pas précisées, mais on sait que le jeu sortira durant le quatrième trimestre fiscal de l'éditeur français, entre le mois de janvier et fin mars 2007.

Basically it say: Ubisoft announce officially the incoming Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. But they didn't specifies what platform were concerned. The game should come out during the months of january and mars 2007.

Is GRIN involved ? :o=

If they are ,i hope that they will learn from past mistakes and listen to the community this time and make a GOOD and FINISHED game .

. Ubisoft today announces the launch in the fiscal fourth quarter of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ 2, which will capitalize on the first episode's success (more than 2.4 millions copies sold).

link to Ubisoft Reports Sales for the First Semester 2006-07

. Ubisoft today announces the launch in the fiscal fourth quarter of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ 2, which will capitalize on the first episode's success (more than 2.4 millions copies sold).

link to Ubisoft Reports Sales for the First Semester 2006-07

How much of these 2.4 millions copy are still with there original owners ...? :hmm:

Doesn't seem to be a breakdown of AW sales by platform - so I don't see how that link helps us PC players.

Personally - For any future releases I'll be waiting to play a demo before deciding to purchase - ain't making that mistake again.

And if Grin are still the developers - then I will have serious doubts about buying it at all.

Doesn't seem to be a breakdown of AW sales by platform - so I don't see how that link helps us PC players.

The link was provided to give the complete report from Ubisoft. I like to give credit to where I get my information. :yes:

However, I probably could have made it clearer what the link was going to.

Only way to make big PC sales is not to appeal to a niche market. Kids don't want tactical they want run 'n gun which this franchaise isn't about.

I would be suprised if we see a PC version anytime soon. Maybe 1 or 2 expansions as they are cheaper to make. Saying that maybe they can make an expansion like BF2 and called it GR:AW2142 selling it as a completely new product. :/

man, someone is making graw2?SWEET! cant wait to play that!:D

(no this is not grins official comment, I cant comment on anything ofcourse, but maybe this counts as commenting anyway, anyways, im not telling you lot anything!not a word! did I just say too much? man...)

seriously.no comment.really. im really not very helpfull today, am I? :(:grin2:

Do you have an exact link to where you found this information?

By that response Wille, I dont think you breached your NDA agreement! :D

I sincerely hope GRiN does take up the challange for GRAW2, I know by listening to the community (Good and bad feedback) that you've learnt where your strengths and weaknesses are when dealing with a Ghost Recon game......

Just bring back the recon bit Pleeeeeeease.

Edited by PONDLIFE

By that response Wille, I dont think you breached your NDA agreement! :D

I sincerely hope GRiN does take up the challange for GRAW2, I know by listening to the community (Good and bad feedback) that you've learnt were your strengths and weaknesses are when dealing with a Ghost Recon game......

Just bring back the recon bit backPleeeeeeease.

Roger that!

GOOD POINT!!!!!!!!!! Bring the "recon" part back!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, that would be a welcome change. I am glad that another installment of this game is coming up, and soon. I really hope that the GRiN team (because I know they have listened to US), can convince the UBISOFT brass, that a more sincere return to the original is in their BEST interests for this franchise.

I agree that the "console" players enjoy a faster paced game. And for THEM, that is good. BUT the PC crowd seems to enjoy a slower, tactical element in this game. It began with that OTHER game. .. (a TAC-SIM......don't seem to remember the name.......... :hmm: ........wasn't it a Judy Garland song......Rainbows something...? :wacko: )

anyway, a real return to a thinking mans shooter would be greatly appreciated, and PURCHASED!

Good info.............can't wait....................Kingkat

Time for y'all to start taking the 'Ghost Recon:Next' forum seriously. IF there is gonna be a next installment, then odds are better than even that whoever's doing it will look in on US to see where they can leverage whatever flexibility Ubisoft gives them to make it more generally acceptable to US (sorry, GRIN, love the game but it just hasn't been received so well YET... keep at it guys! :D )

Intresting they are calling it GRAW 2, I'd guess this is really just GR 3.5. Whoever the developers turn out to be will determine wheter I purchase it on PC, or not. Judging by the past trends the expansions are based on the current tech so I'd guess RSE - 360, GRIN - PC. We'll see what happens, but this may be the first GR offering I'll skip (on PC) and just wait for 4.

I don't see GR returning to it's "recon" roots. Take a look at the R6 series and it's leaving of Clark and the rest of Rainbow out of it. The only reason Chavez is still with the team is he took over Clark's role as Six. GR will still be a hero character game that it is now from the looks of things.