Some Arma HD vids I made

These are Arma gameplay videos only - no Hollywood choreography or cool camera angles. You see what I see.

or simply go to Youtube and search for videos by desertjedi (my real name - so to speak :D )

IIRC, the two-parter called Urban Strife was made using the mod compilation called "WARMOD". It's a combination of ECS (about 150 user-configurable settings) with Gunter Severloh's hand-picked "best" Arma mods (about 150 mod files) with the Group Link 3 AI enhancement mod. Gunter is the "author" of WARMOD.

Thanks for the compliment but you should see the output from Video Studio Pro X2 before uploading to Youtube. It's 1280x720 and crystal clear with a massive bit rate.

The above vids were recorded at 1280x800 and scaled to 1280x720 (HD) and then uploaded to Youtube which has a 2GB file size limit. I don't have trouble with that limit. I have more problems with their 10 minute length limit. :P

I may try to record at 1680x1050 and take that high-bit-rate video and go straight to DVD with it and play it on my DVD player on an LCD TV. Now that should be interesting. :devil:

• 2 months later...

Well this video is my "epic tome" as my friend said...i.e. my best work and probably will remain so as I can not script the AI except for really simple stuff like waypoints and combat "modes". Learning to script the camera was a huge help though.

It's my short tribute to Arma. I also call it the "TV commercial". If you're interested in watching, do so at 720p, full screen and feel free to crank the music - the tune I licensed is impressive.

I also put together a video of combat that was "filmed" in a combination of first person and third person (free-tracking camera) modes. I caught some impressive "combat events" filming the AI (and myself). The WarMod mod for Arma gives gameplay some SERIOUS immersion including cursing by the AI at just the time you'd expect it. None of it is scripted - I'm just the "field photographer" so-to-speak, which is the way I want to film Arma combat:

I also uploaded a couple of videos I threw together of footage that I did not use in my tribute:

Thanks for the compliments!

My ultimate goal is to develop some rudimentary system where the camera switches to an AI soldier or vehicle that becomes engaged in combat...instead of me haphazardly trying to find "good action" on the battlefield with a "manual" camera. The latter can be very time-consuming.

I think finding "real" action instead of watching purely scripted movies is pretty damn cool.

All editing was done with Corel Video Studio X2 Pro - a very impressive yet inexpensive video editor.

(BTW, I really am desertjedi. I just never had it changed on this forum. That is all my work! ;) )

• 4 months later...

Well here's what will probably be my last Arma video, and probably gaming video too. It took me three months and lots of hours - probably too many. Trying to get the AI to do what I wanted was very difficult. Hope you find it interesting. If you do, please comment with which segments were most liked.

"Hard Kill"

ery sharp Chiles, I watched it on a 40" plasma and it was spot on, no artifacts at all.

WOW! :yes: Now there's a man who knows how to watch a video! Hopefully, peeps will start to realize that the days of small, pixelated, low-frame-rate videos are dead. Apparently, Youtube can now handle very high bitrate video and end up with a very good "upload".