Operation : Backlash

SOTOMac

OPERATION BACKLASH

Originality ( 8 out of 10 )

It has always been My view that there are not enough "Elimination" Missions in "GR", "DS", and "IT". This Mission fullfills the need for a good Stalk 'n' Dump 'em Operation. The night maps are in this Reviewers opinion - The best maps for Basing a Stalking and Elimination Mission on. Operation : Backlash is exactly that. This Mission takes place on the Docks map which shipped Originally with "GR", and is a Politically relevant Mission due to the Fact that It is current and based in an Area recently in the News for being named in the War on Terrorism. There is some Interesting scripting in this Mission and It is by NO WAY - An Easy OP. In fact, at the Elite Level of Play with this Mission I have in 6 trys so far been unable to pull off the Mission as I would like to. This Mission has either takin' a Team Members Life / My Own, or has resulted in "Mission Failure" due to Me or My Team being Discovered.

Sounds

The sounds in this Misison are what shipped with "GR", and there have been no additions to the Game by Installing this Mission. Therefore no score will be entered and therefore no score will be counted for this section of the Review.

Textures

Again - No additional Textures to what are already Installed in "GR" have been added to the Game with the Installation of this Mission. Therefore again - No score will be entered and therefore no score will be counted for this section of the Review.

Trigger Zones - 10 out of 10

Trigger Zones pretty much act as they should and All Corners are ones that You should check on this Baby. Watch out for Errant Rounds as they'll get Your Team into trouble before You can say - Extract...

Features - 10 out of 10

The Features of this Mission are that It has some very Inquisitive Tangos. They Patrol Religiously and have a lot of Scope to where they roam to. I've had to Circumvent Patrols for as much as 15 Minutes to get to a Sweet Spot on this Mission and Its likely You will too. The way that Events Escalate is as well refreshing. When You make a Big Noise by Taking down the Primary Target in any Operation, the Enemy should go into such a Frenzy that You'd have to be so tight Operationally in order to EVEN Reach Extract.

Overall Impression - 10 out of 10

This Mission rocks and I've had a real ball BETA-testing It for Hurricane_Force. It has been My pleasure to have had a chance to get in at the Ground Level on this one and I thank Hurricane_Force for that as well. My Advice is take a Sniper, and be as Quiet as is possible. I thoroughly enjoyed the Tension Level that this Mission produces in an Operative all the way though It. On "Operation : Backlash" - Your not safe until You're back at the CP suckin' up a Budweiser.

Simply Outstanding...

Items of Note

Respawns - If enabled will be at Random Insertion points throughout the Map so be wary If You take that route as well. More lives does not necessarily mean easier on this Mission - hehe...

Overal Score

This Modded Mission garnered a Points Total of 38 out of 40, which translates to a 95% Approval Rating from this Reviewer. My thanks go out to Hurricane_Force for doing the Work on this Mission, and getting It out to the Community so fast. Bravo Hurricane_Force on a Mission well done...

Regards,

• 1 month later...
did he get killed ?,,,because he needs to come with you to extraction ,,without him there is no information roger. 

No. But it said I'd completed the objective.

Sorry. He *did* die. Killed himself.

but it said that I had the intel.

-force,Mar 16 2003, 14:53 ] Maybe i need to make a patch for it .I knew there was a bug somewhere in it.

Just state in the briefing to make him follow you, and set the objective to be completed at the end of the mission.

Guys - LOL...

Here is what is supposed to Happen with this Informant.

You're told to Pick Him up and bring Him with You but what Happens is that He supposedly Gives You the Sensitive INTEL, and then as He now sees Himself to be a Traitor - He Kills Himself with a Service revolver that Hes got.

No worries. You get the INTEL and then move on to complete the rest of the OBs. Simple - Or so It was when |S.O.T.O| and I did it 3 weeks ago.

Maybe like Force said. The Mission that is Linked may be an Older incarnation of the Mission before It was finished.

I'll send Rocky the "OP: Backlash" Mission I have on My PC right now, and ask Him to Post that one as the Link to be used for DownLoading this Mission Mod.

I'm Sorry for any Problems this may have caused to Users of this Mission. I will rectify this as soon as I get home at 5 Central.

Sincerely,

I will look through the mission file tonight and have a look,,."yes" I 'm sorry for any inconviences that this may have caused ,,"

I was pretty green at igor when I made this one ,,I'll admit that,,

I should take another look at it and fix the problems or issues that it contains ,,,"Oh and yes you need a variety of mods for this because I was really green at igor and had no clue of what i was doing ,,but it was working so ,I continued with the mission and gave it all I could at the time ..

"my Regards" I'll make up for it somehow ". k

• 1 year later...