GR Realism Enhancer

The Ghost Recon Realism Enhancer, released on November 4th, is a small mod which increases and encourages realistic gameplay. It features many realistic touches, including increased sniper rifle zooming, decreased magazine capacities for certain suppressed weapons, adjusted damage depending on caliber of weapon, correct equipment labels, slight aim with pistols, and more reliable headshots and less reliable extremity shots. Feel free to comment on it here, and get it today under the miscellaneous download section.

Download!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, a suggestion, if you haven't already done.

I've always meaned that the pistols was too bad, because sometimes you have to shoot 9 shots on a enemy before he died, and it was not always he died when you did use the hole magazine on him, what you then do :P And well, i just think it looks unrealistic to when hes like hit oh just making this little movement before his ready agian, but then he gets the next shot, and next etc. Maybe he would just, as we talked about with the armor be in-game die, but in real world ''out of action but in life''? My cents.

The problem is, wounds are realistic in team vs team mode because the player is severely crippled (headshots slow you down and make aiming a pain, arm wounds make you shakier, leg wounds pretty much stop your movement) but the enemy AI just recover after half a second and are instantly in great shape again, aside from that bloody gash covering the majority of their faces.

Pistols will be about as powerful as they are in TXM.

Yeah I wish there was a way to extend the reload time of all weapons, it is really lame as it is :( I just tried reloading a real 9mm pistol and it took me about four seconds, dropping the mag, putting a new one in then racking the slide. That isn't including the time it would take to get the new mag out of your vest -- I was holding it in my left hand. Plus the soldiers in GR save mags if they have rounds left in them, so I'm thinking that process would take about 6 or 8 seconds.

No way you can reload a light machine gun in 2.5 seconds.

You can't edit the reload time? But well, anyway, i asked for if you could increase the damage the pistol will give, can't recall what they are in TXM. Oh about the reload, well, not because you aren't SF lol but i think the ghost might be 4 secs about it, because they are elite soldiers, just saying. And well Blame, i think it matter if you stand in one open field, no cover LMAO :P But yeah, mostly you can just quickly go to cover, but still ;)

But Stallone! But movies!

*Edit

But being serious. Riley, You should practise more with that pistol. ;)

hm, also this

I have no idea if these guys are full of crap or not. I am not really into guns, so standard links from youtube disclamer applies.

Edited by Oelmuvun

seriously guys, Riley's mod, Riley's decisions, if he doesn't like the sound of speed reloads it's his decision, if you think different, feel free to make your own relaism mod.

my two pennies worth is this: would you like to reload quickly, or reload properly?

Speed reloads are loud, and can be clumsy, ghosts are swift, silent and invisible, a an unaware ghost doing a loud speed reload 3 meters away from the enemy, is going to get noticed, and fast. Tactical reloads by an experienced user are only slightly slower than speed ones, and are not as loud so my two pennies is stick with tactical reloads

Hmm of course its Flechers mod, but we just discussed what would be the most realistic? And tried to suggest for Riley, but yep it's his. I like how it sounds, liked the way TXM pistols were, so only thing i want to say is, Fletcher, keep it up. :thumbsup:

Eh I was watching the wrong video. The SWAT tips one is legit, very nice reloading there. This roused my competitive spirit and I got down to about 2 or 3 seconds, but that isn't including the time it takes to pull it out of a pouch. If your hands are sweaty, you're nervous, and you're fiddling around in a velcro'd pouch things might be a bit tougher!